Page 1 of 1

The Diplomats v. Boards of Canada mix

Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:22 pm
by caddybay
I just thought that I would post my latest sound experiment here. I'm trying to recreate the basement cassette/demo tape sound produced by artists like Dj Screw. Some of you may have listened to my Gucci mane and Wu Tang BOC albums. I just passed the bar in the summer and I work at a 100+ year old law firm. Making these mixes has been a real outlet for me. I appreciate every one who takes the time to give it a listen.

https://soundcloud.com/caddybay/the-dip ... canada-mix

Re: The Diplomats v. Boards of Canada mix

Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:02 am
by ShaneAnthony
Do you run your sounds through a cassette deck or reel?

Re: The Diplomats v. Boards of Canada mix

Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:27 am
by ShaneAnthony
Also, are you compressing or maximizing the mixes when you add the vocal tracks?

Re: The Diplomats v. Boards of Canada mix

Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:17 am
by ShaneAnthony
The reason I ask is because the last track is really distorted, not sure if you are driving the tape too hard or adding compression, etc...