Page 1 of 1
My Second Song
Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:17 am
by Tarsier
http://media.putfile.com/Tea-for-the-Forest-Dwellers
here's my second try at making music, when you listen to it, imagine a trail in a dark forest with a group of people carrying candles and trays with tea cups and tea pots on them, and boxes of tea bags, and everything tea-like.. on their way to give offerings to appease the forest creatures ^.^
also! with my first song i used a lot of pre made drum loops and stuff, but with this one it was all by hand, so i did everything myself
hope you like it, tell me what you think ^.^
Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:59 am
by hills west
dont play off your music as a joke..there is a quality to your melodies...you have good ideas...organize your beats more and this will be something special for you...i mean it
Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:14 am
by Cupz
There is nothing wrong with a little tong-in-cheek humeur, but I didn`t really enjoy the song...
Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:57 am
by Tarsier
Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:54 am
by nlogax
that main bongo thing is clashing against the melody i think, and lose the cymbal imo; otherwise, you're already better than me
little dittie that i did tonite:
http://www.zshare.net/audio/nlogax-red- ... g-mp3.html 
Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:19 am
by Tarsier
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:00 pm
by Tarsier
nobody cares!!!>.<
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:50 pm
by mechanismj
What software are you guys using to make your tunes?
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:00 pm
by The Other
mechanismj wrote:What software are you guys using to make your tunes?
i dont really use software...only to get a final mix...other then that..its not really part of my process of making tunes...however if i play out live i will take the recorded parts and sequence them in
live
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:20 pm
by Tarsier
garage band.
i am planning on getting reason 3.0 as soon as possible though.
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:22 pm
by Cupz
Tarsier wrote:garage band.
i am planning on getting reason 3.0 as soon as possible though.
If this is working for ya, why change? Just becouse the interface is "more profecional"?

Its not about the tools...
Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:05 am
by nlogax
I use Buzz from
www.buzzmachines.com; it's free and relatively easy to make interesting sounds from it.
I'm taking piano lessons and when I get better at it i'll mix it up with some hardware action.
Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:05 am
by mechanismj
I've used a ton of stuff throughout the years. I started on trackers like Impulse Tracker while using Fast Tracker 2 to make samples with a really crummy microphone I used to have.
When I got XP I could no longer use Impulse Tracker because it requires DOS... so I had to switch. I started using Buzz, but it's insanely buggy and crashes all the time. Then, I started to use Renoise, but it just sounds far to cold and digital. Then, I settled on FL Studio 5. It sounds a bit warmer than a lot of other programs, and has good VST support. I use that in conjunction with Sound Forge 6 for sample editing/ making.
But that's true. If it's not broken, don't fix it. I say continue using Garage Band till you know it like the back of your hand.
Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:09 am
by Tarsier
reason 3.0 is thousands and thousands and thousands of times better than garageband, it's better for the stuff i'm interested it. garageband is pretty much just a side tool for film makers (which i am, but i want to move on to bigger things) or highschool bands who want to record something and slap it all together.
reason is teh sexy.. so much you can do

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:10 pm
by Cupz
Tarsier wrote:reason 3.0 is thousands and thousands and thousands of times better than garageband, it's better for the stuff i'm interested it. garageband is pretty much just a side tool for film makers (which i am, but i want to move on to bigger things) or highschool bands who want to record something and slap it all together.
reason is teh sexy.. so much you can do

hmmm...well, do what you must, but I can create beautifull tracks using Sound-Club (a midi-editor from 1990)so its reaaaaly not about the tools, but about the feel for music and creativity you have.
Can you show us some of your films?
ps. I added you as friend (Im the paracat guy)
Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:19 pm
by pippin
I like the story, and I like the music Tarsier. The bongo etc does seem to clash though.
Keep writing stories
Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:21 pm
by steve-o
Cupz wrote:Tarsier wrote:reason 3.0 is thousands and thousands and thousands of times better than garageband, it's better for the stuff i'm interested it. garageband is pretty much just a side tool for film makers (which i am, but i want to move on to bigger things) or highschool bands who want to record something and slap it all together.
reason is teh sexy.. so much you can do

hmmm...well, do what you must, but I can create beautifull tracks using Sound-Club (a midi-editor from 1990)so its reaaaaly not about the tools, but about the feel for music and creativity you have.
Can you show us some of your films?

ps. I added you as friend (Im the paracat guy)
I used Garageband for alot of my early tunes with great results. I actually like pushing limitations of software instead of having them be limitless. However, I now use Live and Reason and sometimes I go back and listen to the tunes I did on Garageband and they have a quality that I don't get in the other two, not necessarily a production thing. Actually I can't put my finger on it. I also like using lots of crappy tape machines.
Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:54 pm
by Cupz
steve-o wrote: I actually like pushing limitations of software instead of having them be limitless.
Exacly!
Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:38 pm
by mechanismj
steve-o wrote:Cupz wrote:Tarsier wrote:reason 3.0 is thousands and thousands and thousands of times better than garageband, it's better for the stuff i'm interested it. garageband is pretty much just a side tool for film makers (which i am, but i want to move on to bigger things) or highschool bands who want to record something and slap it all together.
reason is teh sexy.. so much you can do

hmmm...well, do what you must, but I can create beautifull tracks using Sound-Club (a midi-editor from 1990)so its reaaaaly not about the tools, but about the feel for music and creativity you have.
Can you show us some of your films?

ps. I added you as friend (Im the paracat guy)
I used Garageband for alot of my early tunes with great results. I actually like pushing limitations of software instead of having them be limitless. However, I now use Live and Reason and sometimes I go back and listen to the tunes I did on Garageband and they have a quality that I don't get in the other two, not necessarily a production thing. Actually I can't put my finger on it. I also like using lots of crappy tape machines.
Actually, you make a good point about that. It's not as if I was a "slave" to the software or whatever, but my tracks did seem to take on different styles depending on what programs I used.
In Impulse Tracker, they seemed to have a gritty, almost industrial quality, in Buzz they were far more dancey, in Renoise, they became really clean and melodic, and FL Studio seems to be a culmination of all of the other phases for me.
Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:18 pm
by ExitEuXa
Nice melodies, but i hate that bass drum in it.
