Page 1 of 1

Mike and Marcus and New Zealand

Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:48 am
by Josh
I never considered the brothers' mentions of visits to New Zealand as anything of significance. New Zealand seems like a great place to visit, or perhaps live.

But, then I saw this article: [url]https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/feb/15/why-silicon-valley-billionaires-are-prepping-for-the-apocalypse-in-new-zealand[/url

While Mike and Marcus may not qualify as billionaires (that we know of), do you think it's possible their "nihilistic" attitude could be leading them to the same conclusion as that of some of the super-rich, that New Zealand is the place to be when the apocalypse comes? I'm leaning toward New Zealand is just a decent place with plenty of communities out in the country, but, I thought I'd post this article because it's interesting, tangential to BoC, and because the board the is a little slow lately. 8)

Re: Mike and Marcus and New Zealand

Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:53 am
by nick47
I have heard it is not an easy place for the average person to move to. Its one of the few countries I would actually consider moving to, but I dont know if theyd let me in.

Re: Mike and Marcus and New Zealand

Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:51 am
by Mexicola
Two friends of mine emigrated easy enough. Had a whale of a time too.

Re: Mike and Marcus and New Zealand

Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:14 pm
by arvy
I like the idea that there will be a safe place on earth when apocallypse comes

Re: Mike and Marcus and New Zealand

Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:08 am
by Josh
In hindsight, I need to say this thread is garbage. The article I linked to is interesting, but supposing that the bros. are interested in New Zealand as a place to escape to in the event of the collapse of society is both unfounded and nonsensical.

If someone was really looking for a place to escape all manner of disaster, would a country that has active volcanoes and is located in the "ring of fire" really be the best spot? Probably not, right?

So, yeah, move along. Nothing to see here. Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

Re: Mike and Marcus and New Zealand

Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:26 pm
by Valotonin
Why is everyone beating themselves up on here recently?

Its a perfectly valid thread in reality. Yes there are earthquakes etc but those are more than survivable in a moderately fortified bunker and it is just about as far away as it is possible to get away from the trajectories of likely exchanges in the worst case scenario.

NZ is probably, hypothetically, the first place on Earth that would be able to be cultivated and used again after a full Nuclear exchange.

Apparently it isn't that hard to move there from the UK as I have two relations that did it with relative ease.

Re: Mike and Marcus and New Zealand

Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:05 pm
by arvy
Same, Valotonin, New Zealand, looking at the globe earth, is the most isolated civilised part of the world, which they, New Zealand, can use as an advantage...

btw, hope Collapse never comes

Re: Mike and Marcus and New Zealand

Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:09 am
by Gazebo4
I think Collapse is inevitable. There can be no revolution without bloodshed. Out of decay a new world will arise. The old must die for something new to emerge. It is the law of nature.

Re: Mike and Marcus and New Zealand

Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:31 am
by Gazebo4
Also, I think when shit really hits the fan, third-world countries will have a far better way of dealing with chaos that ensues and adapting to such a unexpected situation, as they know a lot more about survival than western-societies with their mind-based systems. When these foundations are shook to the core, what is left to fall back on when all faith is put in these systems that collapse like dominoes?

Re: Mike and Marcus and New Zealand

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:48 pm
by warphead
flol the title of this thread sounds like a gay romance novel

(and no doubt would be a lot more interesting)

Re: Mike and Marcus and New Zealand

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:39 pm
by steeldancer-x
I think it's just a Beautiful Place in the Country honestly. Nothing more, nothing less.
Brothers have explicitly said that Tomorrow's Harvest isn't even about apocalypse (but we're allowed to take away whatever we'd like). Palace Posy is still playin' at the club guys, no worries.

Re: Mike and Marcus and New Zealand

Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:45 am
by arvy
I like the idea someone playing Palace Posy in a club. More cheesy dream; to hear Come to Dust on a festival or funeral