Page 1 of 2
drum machine for mac
Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:36 am
by isawdrones
Does anyone know a good application for creating beats on a mac?

Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:51 pm
by cmx
yes that'd be very much appreciated
Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:22 pm
by Cupz
you mean something like Qbase?
Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:18 pm
by IanRedpoint
I guess that Reason would be overkill for something like this. The ReDrum in there is pretty good as a sample-based drum machine. I think Reason Adapted, which is given away free with lot of keyboards, has the ReDrum in it.
Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:54 pm
by isawdrones
yeah, thanks alot. Im just going to pirate reason, I like its drum machine.
Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:12 am
by nny
Re: drum machine for mac
Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:56 pm
by Perch
Hey all. I didn't want to make a new threat for this, but i've been looking around for something similar on windows 7. Anyone know anything simple (and maybe free?) where you can load your own samples into a drum machine?
Re: drum machine for mac
Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:32 pm
by Cupz
Re: drum machine for mac
Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:49 pm
by mono/chrome
Re: drum machine for mac
Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:30 pm
by drillkicker
Max/MSP is the answer to everything.
Re: drum machine for mac
Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:11 pm
by Omikron
I second Hydrogen.
Re: drum machine for mac
Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:05 pm
by Cupz
drillkicker wrote:Max/MSP is the answer to everything.
PureData will do just fine, thank you.
But that's pretty much making your own drum machine.
Re: drum machine for mac
Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:03 pm
by Alien Sugar
All you need is a $100 version of Steinberg Cubase Elements 8 Fl Studio Producer Edition for $199.
Personally i use cubase essential 6, fl studio producer and native instruments komplete. and since 10 years ago (which is when i bought the software) i want to sit down and make a song a day or a melody a day i never have the problem of doing it with conviction.
Now, what i have may not be a producers dream, but i cannot find a limit as to what i want to hear and i still at the same time, listen to alot of others music.
You say you have a MAC!!! Wow, i have a laptop pc, anyway, Save for what i'm telling you to buy and learn the ins and outs. The music is the real satisfaction you seek. Trust me, when you hear a song that you're most happy with it and you have something to fill the void of not being able to find something someone else isn't producing and you hear that you made it. BAM. You'll want to create more for yourself. And if there's a My Music folder on that mac. You'll be filling it up with your own stuff more than anyone else.
Re: drum machine for mac
Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:46 pm
by Perch
I'm installing hydrogen again now, I remember trying it out and for some reason couldn't figure out how to load my own samples. Do you know if that's possible? I'll poke around.
Max/MSP looks super useful actually. Something I did on Reason with my old laptop was load in samples from old mellotrons and rhodes and whatnot. Just stuff I would never have the money to grab otherwise. I always wondered if there was a program built specifically for constructing your own midi/sample set-ups. NEAAAAAt. thanks for all the responses, guys!
Re: drum machine for mac
Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:00 am
by Perch
I think I'm not to something with the "load layer" part of the instruments, but this seems really complicated for such a simple action
Re: drum machine for mac
Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:38 am
by Alien Sugar
Perch wrote:I think I'm not to something
What does that mean? You think you're not to something?
To something. Who to something's? I'm gonna to something to death. Because if i TO Death, there won't be anything to greet me when i die. And if death, is to'ed there will be nothing waiting for me so bring me so more life.
Landr.com masters 2 tracks a month in 192kbps mp3 files for soundcloud. Clease don't ?TO? that.
Re: drum machine for mac
Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:41 am
by drillkicker
Cupz wrote:drillkicker wrote:Max/MSP is the answer to everything.
But that's pretty much making your own drum machine.
And there's no other like it !
Re: drum machine for mac
Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:37 pm
by Perch
Alien Sugar wrote:Perch wrote:I think I'm not to something
What does that mean? You think you're not to something?
To something. Who to something's? I'm gonna to something to death. Because if i TO Death, there won't be anything to greet me when i die. And if death, is to'ed there will be nothing waiting for me so bring me so more life.
<a class="vglnk" href="http://Landr.com" rel="nofollow"><span>Landr</span><span>.</span><span>com</span></a> masters 2 tracks a month in 192kbps mp3 files for soundcloud. Clease don't ?TO? that.
sorry, apparently couldn't type that day.. I meant "on to something"
Re: drum machine for mac
Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:56 pm
by Cupz
Perch wrote:I think I'm not to something with the "load layer" part of the instruments, but this seems really complicated for such a simple action
Its not that complicated, is it? I must say "load layer" isn't an apt name, but it is a teriffic program nonetheless.
Re: drum machine for mac
Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:09 pm
by re-phaelam-ed

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eov9iFyEGc0[/media]