Page 1 of 3

The North Face

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:08 pm
by thegr8brian
Hey everyone...This is my first post in this wonderful community...I've been listening to BOC for about 3 years, I have all the albums that are currently available, and have read basically everything on fredd-e's site including all the interviews... But im wondering if there is some kind of connection between BOC and The North Face...Do they just have a fondness for the clothing?

Image

reminds me of some of the BOC logos...maybe im just looking for lame connections i dunno

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:11 pm
by polar sky
I think either them or someone else just stole the rainbow looking logo and put boc in front of it. That's about it. I always thought that BoC logo was fan made, who stole the design from The North Face.

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:42 pm
by isawdrones
polar sky wrote:I think either them or someone else just stole the rainbow looking logo and put boc in front of it. That's about it. I always thought that BoC logo was fan made, who stole the design from The North Face.

Hmm, I havent seen this logo. :?

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:13 pm
by harpoon dodger
Isn't it on a t-shirt or sticker or something

:?

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:48 pm
by Derail
Is this a joke? :lol:

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:51 pm
by isawdrones
harpoon dodger wrote:Isn't it on a t-shirt or sticker or something

:?


Yeah some logo thing...its on fredd e's pages.

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:58 pm
by Aesthetics
Welcome to Twoism thegr8brian.

It seems like your first post triggers some diversity on the board :)

This is indeed a logo which was used on official BoC stickers which were sent along with the Twoism release if I'm right. I can't tell you what the connection with BoC is to be honest, but I guess they really like the brand.

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:04 am
by Spectrum_16
Image


Yeah, I think it fits the Boards of Canada atmosphere as well. North Face seems like a BoC kind of thing... haha if that makes any sense.

I have myself a blue North Face beanie and I like to think that I am sporting BoC when I am wearing it :lol:

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:13 am
by isawdrones
Spectrum_16 wrote:Image


Yeah, I think it fits the Boards of Canada atmosphere as well. North Face seems like a BoC kind of thing... haha if that makes any sense.

I definately know what your saying.Wait,..hold up, is that the one that you guys are talking about? I thought you were talking about this one
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/lacr3ony3mys7/boards-of-canada--logo-01.jpg
but thats just fan art. Hmm ive never seen a northface logo liek the one on the red sticker.

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:17 am
by Spectrum_16
isawdrones wrote:
Spectrum_16 wrote:Image


Yeah, I think it fits the Boards of Canada atmosphere as well. North Face seems like a BoC kind of thing... haha if that makes any sense.

I definately know what your saying.Wait,..hold up, is that the one that you guys are talking about? I thought you were talking about this one
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/lacr3ony3mys7/boards-of-canada--logo-01.jpg
but thats just fan art. Hmm ive never seen a northface logo liek the one on the red sticker.


Yeah, I think that one is just fan art, and the one i posted was the official sticker they handed out with Twoism(?). But there is no doubt a resemblance with the official sticker and the North Face.

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:45 am
by mechanismj
I thought someone brought this up a million years ago...

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:08 am
by thegr8brian
mechanismj wrote:I thought someone brought this up a million years ago...


I searched a bit and didn't seem to find anything

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:36 am
by Goiter Sanchez
It seems that there is a general attraction in the UK IDM scene to North Face gear... Autechre, Bibio, BoC... I've seen press photos of these guys wearing the clothing; others too I'm sure.

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:14 am
by YELLOW
yo i made this connection awhile back in another topic....in the pics of the two on fredd e's site mark has a north face jacket in one...so ya know

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:58 am
by Chime Traveler
I'm not too sure if this existed in Western Canada when the brothers lived in Calgary, Alberta but this is the logo of a major grocery store chain that has been in existence in Eastern Canada for as long as I can remember, (and I'm around the same age as the lads).

Check out the logo here: http://www.loblaws.ca/

Compare the similarities in the Loblaws logo with the North Face one. Don't quote me but I think that the Loblaws logo has been around longer.

...Every time I see a North Face product I'm reminded of the Loblaws grocery store chain.

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:01 am
by thegr8brian
Chime Traveler wrote:I'm not too sure if this existed in Western Canada when the brothers lived in Calgary, Alberta but this is the logo of a major grocery store chain that has been in existence in Eastern Canada for as long as I can remember, (and I'm around the same age as the lads).

Check out the logo here: http://www.loblaws.ca/

Compare the similarities in the Loblaws logo with the North Face one. Don't quote me but I think that the Loblaws logo has been around longer.

...Every time I see a North Face product I'm reminded of the Loblaws grocery store chain.


interesting...definetly quite similar

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:10 am
by thedisavowed
Maybe it's always been this way and I've just started noticing, but all of sudden it seems like EVERYONE on campus is wearing North Face these days. Maybe.. Boc... nah...

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:34 am
by Spectrum_16
Chime Traveler wrote:I'm not too sure if this existed in Western Canada when the brothers lived in Calgary, Alberta but this is the logo of a major grocery store chain that has been in existence in Eastern Canada for as long as I can remember, (and I'm around the same age as the lads).

Check out the logo here: http://www.loblaws.ca/

Compare the similarities in the Loblaws logo with the North Face one. Don't quote me but I think that the Loblaws logo has been around longer.

...Every time I see a North Face product I'm reminded of the Loblaws grocery store chain.


Woah! Great find! There is definately a resemblance... but I guess we shall never know unless there is some release of an interview someday...

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:57 am
by harpoon dodger
Chime Traveler wrote:I'm not too sure if this existed in Western Canada when the brothers lived in Calgary, Alberta but this is the logo of a major grocery store chain that has been in existence in Eastern Canada for as long as I can remember, (and I'm around the same age as the lads).

Check out the logo here: http://www.loblaws.ca/

Compare the similarities in the Loblaws logo with the North Face one. Don't quote me but I think that the Loblaws logo has been around longer.

...Every time I see a North Face product I'm reminded of the Loblaws grocery store chain.


Ahahahah...I never put that together! I used to work for those bastards...it was boc all along. Or something 8)

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:04 pm
by steve-o
The North Face is owned by Vanity Fair. No shit.