Page 1 of 2

The Campfire Headphase of all headphases

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:23 pm
by Archrival
I just have to say how fantastic this album is, its so poetic and beautiful. Its like a journey through this world/life but from another view in a psychedelic way.

Just look at the beautiful name of the intro to the album "into the rainbow vein", how beautiful is that?. I really feel and think that BOC are perfectionists when it comes to concepts/feelings/sounds/moods of their albums. The title track describes the setting and the start of the album with both its name and the sound and the mood of the track. Its feels like someone putting a kind of spell on you and you are being sucked into this roadtrippy world of TCH. Perfect intro. The name itself is also PERFECT, "into the rainbow vein" tells you what you are going into in an excellent way because EVERY coming track of TCH have a distinct color, and you are definitly going into the rainbow vein, with all the colors being displayed here.

What about the name The Campfire Headphase? what do you think of it when you u hear it? at first I thought it was a bit dull but now im loving it, its just beautiful...how would you describe The campfire headphase name, you think of it like the major event in a campfire session? sorry but my english is very poor :D


To me this is the perfect album and to me it is 5 out 5.

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:35 pm
by Opothecary
I prefer my advance copy of the BOCset that's coming out June 9th. My "sources" have "confirmed" that it's real!

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:37 pm
by Archrival
and what about the final track?!!?!??! Farewell Fire, now how deep is that?

Its almost scary how deep a track can get. Can you imagine how Michael Sandison is playing that track in one take and that he is dedicating it to someone who passed away and while he is playing it hes remembering and thinking about that person..... :/ its beyond melancholic. They stated how the track could only be to someone who has passed away, they refused to say who it was tho. Its also a perfect farewell to such a nice album, you just cant wait for the next one!!! TCH to me is the perfect session.

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:38 pm
by Archrival
Opothecary wrote:I prefer my advance copy of the BOCset that's coming out June 9th. My "sources" have "confirmed" that it's real!


Oh I can see, your playlist tells it all :P

Dont hate the carrier.

Re: The Campfire Headphase of all headphases

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:50 pm
by Hanners
I feel like a bit of an odd one out here at times, as I seem to be one of the few for whom The Campfire Headphase is their favourite album. It really is almost frighteningly close to perfection, and I've only recently managed to break the mould of listening to at least half of it every day. :shock:

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:12 pm
by Archrival
yeah I feel you, me too I feel the same.

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:24 pm
by polar sky
Opothecary wrote:I prefer my advance copy of the BOCset that's coming out June 9th. My "sources" have "confirmed" that it's real!


:lol: Thanks. I needed a good laugh. woooo.

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:26 pm
by polar sky
The Campfire Headphase is good, not my fav though. I can do without dayvan...

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:16 pm
by Infinite E
I used to be one of the the people who irrationally hate this album. Not any more. Is fantastic. It's like a slow, so-impossibly-happy-it-makes-you-sad version of my favourite old tunes (and some really beautiful straight up ambient on here as well).

I think this album didn't appeal at first to fans such as myself, who listen to more hip-hop and fairly conventional electronic sounds than they do post-rock, shoegaze or ambient. I think BoC are really showing their influences on this album far more than any other.

AT THE MOMENT this is my favourite BoC album, although this is subject to change at a moment's notice.

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:03 pm
by zander two
polar sky wrote:The Campfire Headphase is good, not my fav though. I can do without dayvan...

Exactamundo. 8)

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:29 pm
by Archrival
funny not one, NOT ONE single person have talked about the actual topic....and the question/questions inside the topic. :/

I didnt ask you if u liked TCH or not.

Re: The Campfire Headphase of all headphases

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:36 pm
by isawdrones
Archrival wrote:I just have to say how fantastic this album is, its so poetic and beautiful. Its like a journey through this world/life but from another view in a psychedelic way.

Just look at the beautiful name of the intro to the album "into the rainbow vein", how beautiful is that?. I really feel and think that BOC are perfectionists when it comes to concepts/feelings/sounds/moods of their albums. The title track describes the setting and the start of the album with both its name and the sound and the mood of the track. Its feels like someone putting a kind of spell on you and you are being sucked into this roadtrippy world of TCH. Perfect intro. The name itself is also PERFECT, "into the rainbow vein" tells you what you are going into in an excellent way because EVERY coming track of TCH have a distinct color, and you are definitly going into the rainbow vein, with all the colors being displayed here.

What about the name The Campfire Headphase? what do you think of it when you u hear it? at first I thought it was a bit dull but now im loving it, its just beautiful...how would you describe The campfire headphase name, you think of it like the major event in a campfire session? sorry but my english is very poor :D


To me this is the perfect album and to me it is 5 out 5.
Yeah I love the little intro tracks boc makes,...like "Ready Lets Go", it sounds like something you would say to a friend before you both dropped acid (which fits perfectly). The intro tracks always help me transition my attention from reality to the music.


The name "the campfire headphase"
is a label for the the perception and emotion of the album. "Headphase", a phase cant be permanent, so the album is telling a story of something that has passed, whether it was somthing the brothers felt or some imaginary story they created, prob a little bit of both.

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:46 pm
by mechanismj
Good album, yes... how many of these threads are there now? 8)

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:31 pm
by Infinite E
I don't like the name, though, it sounds to grafted together and ugly. Plus, I dunno, makes the album sound retentious and shit which it isn't

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:53 pm
by mechanismj
Sit in front of a campfire on DXM, then you'll understand why the title is fucking awesome.

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:24 am
by wwbjd
When did this come out?

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:20 am
by YELLOW
i think it was october of last year wwbjd

but yeah this album grew on me just like trans canada did after i thought it wouldnt...really good stuff with notable standouts...i think were used to such a structured boc style that newer things sometimes get lost, and i see that especially with this album...i mean a lot of my friends agree this is the best, where i disagree, i recognize its a new style and whatnot

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:02 am
by polar sky
mechanismj wrote:Good album, yes... how many of these threads are there now? 8)


:lol:

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:04 am
by polar sky
mechanismj wrote:Sit in front of a campfire on DXM, then you'll understand why the title is fucking awesome.


I have listened to this album by the campfire, and it really does make sense...

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:32 am
by Chime Traveler
Brilliant from start to finish…One of my most played CDs / LPs / mp3s and still very refreshing & stimulating with every listen. I’m fond of BOC’s progression and look forward to hearing where they head in the (hopefully not too distant) future…