Page 1 of 1

Christ.?

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:03 am
by audiotrack
I am intrigued about this guy..
Blue Shift Emissions is awesome. Its up there with Amber LP5 etc
I wonder how exactly he fitted into BoC.?

I think he probably brought the electronic and synths to the band which at the
time only consisted of conventional instruments.
This was then developed further with M & M..??

What do you other BoCers recon ???
If there is a reply to Ltb we might get to understand more..

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:59 pm
by thedisavowed
We know very little. He is credited on the original 1995 release of Twoism, but that credit was removed on the 2002 reissue. It's really unclear how or to what extent he was a member of BoC.

If you find out anything though, add to the wiki:

http://fredd-e.narfum.org/wiki/Christ.

EDIT: Does anyone here have the original 1995 issue of Twoism? I'd love to see a scan of this credit.

Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:36 pm
by Infinite E
I don't know. But Twoism (and parts of Hi-Scores too) definitely has a very Christ.-y feeling to it, all those slow pads and crunchy beats. interesting...

Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:40 pm
by niknak
thedisavowed wrote:We know very little. He is credited on the original 1995 release of Twoism, but that credit was removed on the 2002 reissue.


I never knew that. Interesting.
Are they still mates, does anyone know?

Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:12 pm
by zander two
When Benbecula announced his new album last year they mentioned that he had worked with "some old friends" on one of the tracks....but they never got any more specific than that.

Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:35 pm
by audiotrack
wow, i bet that must be Mike and Marcus..

Thats got me thinkin which track it is..?
Probably 'breath between sleep'

Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:18 pm
by mechanismj
audiotrack wrote:wow, i bet that must be Mike and Marcus..

Thats got me thinkin which track it is..?
Probably 'breath between sleep'


Indeed. If that was what was implied by that statement, I would certainly think it were BOC and it was DEFINATELY that song. Of course this is all speculation.

Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:25 pm
by Fredd-E
mechanismj wrote:
audiotrack wrote:wow, i bet that must be Mike and Marcus..

Thats got me thinkin which track it is..?
Probably 'breath between sleep'


Indeed. If that was what was implied by that statement, I would certainly think it were BOC and it was DEFINATELY that song. Of course this is all speculation.

lol, that would be nice because that's my favourite track of his new album.. with good reason then apparently ;-)

Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:28 pm
by mechanismj
Fredd-E wrote:
mechanismj wrote:
audiotrack wrote:wow, i bet that must be Mike and Marcus..

Thats got me thinkin which track it is..?
Probably 'breath between sleep'


Indeed. If that was what was implied by that statement, I would certainly think it were BOC and it was DEFINATELY that song. Of course this is all speculation.

lol, that would be nice because that's my favourite track of his new album.. with good reason then apparently ;-)


Yes. It's mine too! I think it's a lot of people's. It's just fantastic!

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:43 am
by zander two
Hmmm, I always thought it was 'holobenthic grex venalium' but maybe you guyz know something I don't. :wink: It just seems to have some elements of boc's more recent sound.

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:10 pm
by boardsofdublin
zander two wrote:Hmmm, I always thought it was 'holobenthic grex venalium' but maybe you guyz know something I don't. :wink: It just seems to have some elements of boc's more recent sound.


yes i would think more this track than the breath one.

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:50 pm
by Chime Traveler
For fans of Christ who wish to complete their CD/LP/EP collection, or add any Benbecula Records titles to their collection, Benbecula is having an amazing sale on select titles for the month of March. Some titles that aren't indicated as being on sale are actually on sale. The sale price is displayed once you go to the shopping cart...

http://www.benbecula.com/

(I am not affiliated with Benbecula, but just a fan of Christ and I thought that I'd pass on the word...)

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:14 pm
by boardsofdublin
Chime Traveler wrote:For fans of Christ who wish to complete their CD/LP/EP collection, or add any Benbecula Records titles to their collection, Benbecula is having an amazing sale on select titles for the month of March. Some titles that aren't indicated as being on sale are actually on sale. The sale price is displayed once you go to the shopping cart...

http://www.benbecula.com/

(I am not affiliated with Benbecula, but just a fan of Christ and I thought that I'd pass on the word...)


lol cool thanks