Page 1 of 1
Can Jacobean (MASK 500) be another alias??
Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:12 am
by barbeque08
Regarding MASK 500,
So what is the general consensus on MASK 500?
Is it possible that Jacobean is ANOTHER alias for BoC ???
Jega released TWO tracks on the same MASK 200 as Jega & Intron.
So why not BoC??
I would not be the least bit suprised if Jacobean was in fact another alias.
Marcus & Mike have just revealed they were brothers, of course it makes
sense NOW. But since a few months ago, I was quite comfortable believing
they were old school friends. Are we 'quite comfortable' believing Jacobean
is NOT BoC?? Does anyone have RELIABLE sources who Jacobean is?
I fell for believing that first mp3 release of 'Campfire' (just like most people did),
but I would admit that was a FAR stretch for me to accept it was the new BoC
album. But this Jacobean thing, seems like a slam dunk to me. Review the
track again, and post your thougts. I'm interested.
Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:00 pm
by Aesthetics
I haven't got a single clue...the Mask serie will always be a big mistery because it was inherent in the plans of Skam.
With a few songs it's very easy to reveal the producer though.
Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:10 pm
by Mr Sheep
..and the letters BOC are in the name Jacobean, albeit backwards
Does sound a bit like them though.
Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:54 am
by zander two
I think you might be on to something here. With more and more listens, it seems to have some of that good old BoC flavor to it: familiar drums and warm synths. Not sure if its enough to convince the masses though. But let me add this...Jacobean is a reference to a historical period of time in Scotland. This suggests that the track could at least be a "tribute" to the BoC aesthetic, if not the real thing.
Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:26 am
by barbeque08
It's making even more sense, thanks!
Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:06 am
by jcotteri
Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:23 am
by Cupz
Maybe part of the hexagon sun collective? Like christ.
Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:46 am
by Evrox
Cupz wrote:Maybe part of the hexagon sun collective? Like christ.
Very unlikely, cause he left some time before right?
Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:43 pm
by parasömn
BoC or not it's some decent stuff. I can hear the similarity for sure.
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:20 pm
by jcotteri
Agree
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:54 pm
by YELLOW
yeah this is slick, never heard it before
Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:13 pm
by saurus
Pretty cool, I recognize some neat traits that this shares with early Boards Of Canada. Perhaps it was produced in Hexagon Sun?
Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:40 pm
by Joebot Kill
This Andy guy sounds legit. Whether or not it's BoC making up a story doesn't even matter. This is great! The kind of mystery that drew me to BoC in the first place. How did you find this??
Downloading everything!

Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:59 am
by barbeque08
Joebot Kill wrote:This Andy guy sounds legit. Whether or not it's BoC making up a story doesn't even matter. This is great! The kind of mystery that drew me to BoC in the first place. How did you find this??
Downloading everything!

Me as well, I think the big "?" regarding this MASK 500 has finally been answered for me personally. Especially after hearing his "Polar Eye Scope" track on Soundcloud! Nice work!
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:13 pm
by cubistking1906
I think this track sounds more like Bola's material from that time period than BoC's. the scottish history references are a bit curious though, so who knows?
I've always wondered if BoC has contributed to Skam Records' Gescom releases. I know on one track I can almost guarantee it's AFX, considering the obvious similarities to the Analords series.
Youtube: Gescom - A2