Page 1 of 3

1 year of Trans Canada Highway

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:24 pm
by Green Pylon
Yes, today was released that EP one year ago. How do you value it now?. In my opinion Boc raised two big tracks, Left Side Drive and Skyliner. Oh fuck! Left Side Drive it's awsome!! I like a lot the "clac" of rythm sound, who know what it is? .

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:35 pm
by polar sky
Actually, Trans Canada Highway came out May 29, 2006 UK and May 30, 2006 US. Do to the fact that Warp changed the date cause of the whole 666 thing.

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:56 pm
by thedisavowed
While I love Left Side Drive (and the Nosdam remix in a certain mood), it is by far BoC's most anemic release.

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:42 pm
by boardsofdublin
i still listen to this more and really enjoy it, compared to TCHP.

Love LSD! its so 8)

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:54 pm
by isawdrones
thedisavowed wrote:While I love Left Side Drive (and the Nosdam remix in a certain mood), it is by far BoC's most anemic release.

I agree,..I really enjoy skyliner tho, the song has a great amount of energy, and the little vignettes in between the songs are great as well. It was just incredibly lame how they release dayvan again and latched on some remix to the end. The remix is fine, but i dont think they should have put somebody elses work on their own ep. :?

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:22 pm
by harpoon dodger
Yeah but it makes the EP flow good. It was a good idea bookending it with the two Dayvan's. And everything inbetween is just brilliant..a solid album. :)

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:56 pm
by jl

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:12 pm
by mechanismj
jl wrote:remember this?

http://www.warprecords.com/666/


God, how I do love that link!

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:12 am
by Archrival
its brilliant I lovet it :D listen to it lots on bike rides n trips while being stoned :D

its 30 perfect minutes

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:26 pm
by essicaj -_-
thanks for that link just toked a mini blunt perfect timing to watch an old video like that ,)

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:07 pm
by turquoise70
my sentiment is pretty similar to those already stated

i love skyliner- if i ever happen upon a wealth of grainy 70's stock footage of jumbo aircraft taxiying across the tarmac on a sunny day looking magnificent and proud, i'll make a video. no wait, first i'll learn how to make a video, THEN the other stuff.

LSD would easily be my favorite track on that disc if it were -slightly- faster. but, i tried speeding it up myself several different ways, and it did no good. so i don't know what. that song haunts me.

i also love the middle part of the Nosdam remix, it is full of power. like an army of dayvan cowboys and their hippie cohorts marching over the hills in victory!

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:48 am
by Joebot Kill
jl wrote:remember this?

http://www.warprecords.com/666/


Hey guys. I am brand new to this board. Ive been reading it for a while but never felt the need to write something until now. I love this video! It is truely awesome, but something has been bugging me for quite some time: What the hell is that little jingle from at the beginning? I know ive heard it over and over again, but i cant figure it out! i quickly went through all of my boc but i didnt find it. can someone please tell me? its driving me insane! thanks!!
ps.
nice to meet you!

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:46 am
by YELLOW
yeah its your classic red moss

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:31 pm
by Joebot Kill
thank you!!

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:39 pm
by hemmer
jl wrote:remember this?

http://www.warprecords.com/666/


:D

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:03 am
by Gruff
I love BOC's Trans Canada Highway. Every song on that album is awesome. For some unexplained reason I discovered that it would conjure up, quite dependably, very specific images and ideas from David Lynch's Lost Highway. It just sort of dawned on me one morning while listening to the album at around 4:20. Mary was at my side. I doubt that anyone who has seen this film would fail make this connection to the track 'Pete Standing Alone'. The title alone seems straight out of the script itself, a key scene/image/metaphor in the film. Besides the apparent textual reference the music itself seems to fit thematically just as well. Actually the entire album feels this way.

Another intriguing connection is that the artwork on BOC's Twoism album is from a low budget but (apparently) seriously cool indie film called 'Killings At Outpost Zeta'.

I don't think I'm the only one who could be experiencing this phenomena. At least I hope so. And it appears that Lynch and BOC have at least their approach to sound engineering/mixing in common

Perhaps there's more to this than meets the [mind's] eye.

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:12 pm
by nick47
Saw the first post, and thought to myself... Wow, I know its been much more than a year since TCH. Then I realized someone revived a 3 year old thread haha.

Someone here or on WATMM said "Skyliner is a million miles of music condensed into 6 minutes" and that is probably one of my most favorite quotes of all time :D

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:19 pm
by polar sky
nick47 wrote:Saw the first post, and thought to myself... Wow, I know its been much more than a year since TCH. Then I realized someone revived a 3 year old thread haha.

Someone here or on WATMM said "Skyliner is a million miles of music condensed into 6 minutes" and that is probably one of my most favorite quotes of all time :D


Fantastic Track.

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:53 pm
by dave_from_2001
I like a lot the "clac" of rythm sound, who know what it is? .


this stuff sounds really American to me, being from the west, and because LSD is kindof at a gallop, it reminds me of a muted cowbell or something, maybe a dinner bell (not a dinner triangle obviously) as the coach or settler's wagon lumbers along in the hot dusty desert.

i'm also thinking Ford Skyliner (automobile).. set to that animation of the skeleton driving the motorcycle in the Grateful Dead movie. i think it was a track from the Garcia solo album with those wicked steel pedal licks.

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:00 pm
by saob
nick47 wrote:Saw the first post, and thought to myself... Wow, I know its been much more than a year since TCH. Then I realized someone revived a 3 year old thread haha.

Someone here or on WATMM said "Skyliner is a million miles of music condensed into 6 minutes" and that is probably one of my most favorite quotes of all time :D


Me too. I thought somebody really spaced on the date. Great of Gruff to make a successful search before his first posting though.

Yeah, that is a nice quote.