Page 1 of 3

ehhh... funerals

Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:51 pm
by ross adey
i've noticed one or two ppl leaving comments on boards of canada's mypace page saying
that they will have certain tracks of theirs played at their funeral. It got me thinking,
if you were to have a BoC song, or any song played during your procession what would it be?

Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:32 pm
by thedisavowed
Broken Drum Remix.

- Or -

Everything You Do is a Balloon

But really, I'd like to have one of those Louisiana Death Marches. (-=

Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:12 pm
by Derail
Over The Horizon Radar, no question.

Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:16 pm
by kaini
zoetrope

Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:40 am
by Goiter Sanchez
Without a doubt it would have to be 'Farewell Fire'. Every time I hear it I am struck with the image of a long funeral procession that slowly dissapears into the distance.

Sometimes I have difficulty listening to it because I feel as though I am hearing my own death... And this was well before I saw this topic.

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:58 am
by Guest
Sorry to disappoint you here, but my choice is not BOC, but: In Flagranto Delicto, a track from the album: Zamia Lehmanni [Songs of Byzantine Flowers] 1986, the band is called SPK, an astonishing track for a funeral and i won't change my mind :!: :wink:

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:03 pm
by Cupz
Maybe a weird choice but...
Dawn chorus,

Turquoise Hexagon Sun

and

The Cinematic Orchestra-Horizon

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:21 am
by kem1kal
boards of canada - orange romeda

aphex twin - tha

[ nuff said ] :) aphex is probably on top with "tha" but i chose orange romeda if it were a boc track

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:38 am
by zander two
I would choose Old Tunes Vol. 1 Disc 1 Track 4. This is assuming that I can postumously attend the funeral myself, presumably as a ghost of some sort, and see the confused look on every single attendee. This track is without a doubt, one of the more strange and humorous of the BoC trax, and it seems to fit what will likely be a bizarre and humorous event.

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:35 am
by Goiter Sanchez
HAH @ Zander Two... That would be the most confusing funeral ever...

Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:51 pm
by hexagon son
olson (ver.1 from MHTRTC), then ill finally be home.

Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:59 pm
by Cupz
hexagon son wrote:olson (ver.1 from MHTRTC), then ill finally be home.


I was about to edit my post and post the Olson :P
The song gives me this feeling like no other song give`s me....

Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:05 pm
by merovingian
Julie and candy. Just because I love that song so much, great memories tied to it.

Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:19 pm
by ross adey
its very hard to choose ain't it? 'the herald' by comus would probably be my choice.
if not that then kiteracer 2

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:56 am
by Tekmosis
FAREWELL FIRE

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:12 am
by Twoism-ist
For BoC, maybe Kiteracer 2, as well.

But I think I would want an Andrew Bird song.

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:33 am
by Numerator
Seeya Later
I Wouldn't Want Anything Too Depressing!

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:08 am
by mechanismj
Aphex Twin - Rhubarb

If I'm going down I'm taking everyone else with me!

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:05 am
by Earthbound
Goiter Sanchez wrote:Without a doubt it would have to be 'Farewell Fire'. Every time I hear it I am struck with the image of a long funeral procession that slowly dissapears into the distance.

Sometimes I have difficulty listening to it because I feel as though I am hearing my own death... And this was well before I saw this topic.


So true.
Farewell Fire, is so much drenched in emotion, sorrow, grief, that you can almost taste it. That would definitly pull a lot of tears..

Another great one: 1986 summerfire. Although short, it always gave me the 'saying goodbye to someone/something you will never see again'-feeling. A deeply moving song in my book.

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:45 am
by s7409651
mechanismj wrote:Aphex Twin - Rhubarb

If I'm going down I'm taking everyone else with me!


:lol: Yeah, that oughta do it!
Lichen is also a nice, warm little possibility.

I think farewell fire is a good option. ABPOITC has a religious quality to it also. And Dawn Chorus.

For sheer bombastic awesome, however.. I'd have to choose this:
[url]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDXjr3KznGg[/url]