Page 1 of 6
Boards of Canada RedMoon
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:37 am
by Roygbiv
i just thought...wouldn't it be great if a group of people (from this site) just organized a so-called RedMoon party for (those who are loyal to^^ Mwuahaha ) boards of canada fans out here?
And then gather at one place to talk about boc, movies, books, philosophy
I mean, that sounds soo nice ^^
just, let me know what you think about this idea ^^
ps: although, if i were the only girl who would go with a group i'd be so ... lol epic fail ^^
let me know

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:22 am
by vonarx
i think i remember something like this happening before?
p.s.
anyone heard from derail? i know he's from pittsburgh, and i just moved there.
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:41 am
by Cupz
I don't know about derial...I emailed him some time ago, asking what was going on...but I had no reply.
As for the Red-Moon party...I think we should do it! But somewhere close to The Netherlands pleeeease

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:27 am
by YELLOW
derail doesnt post here anymore, he is still active on last fm and stuff
a group from this board, and some others i think, did have a sort of redmoon night when they tried to crack the redmoon code. if im not mistaken they were at the earlyburn observatory
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:41 am
by Mexicola
Was thinking the same thing myself just the other day. I guess a couple could be arranged easily enough? A European/UK one, a US/Canada one, etc, etc. So the question is, where, when, and who? Could be a giggle

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:17 pm
by hexagon son
Mexicola wrote:Was thinking the same thing myself just the other day. I guess a couple could be arranged easily enough? A European/UK one, a US/Canada one, etc, etc. So the question is, where, when, and who? Could be a giggle

how about a japan one? (probably be sat all by myselfs

)
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:18 pm
by Mexicola
hexagon son wrote:Mexicola wrote:Was thinking the same thing myself just the other day. I guess a couple could be arranged easily enough? A European/UK one, a US/Canada one, etc, etc. So the question is, where, when, and who? Could be a giggle

how about a japan one? (probably be sat all by myselfs

)
I say do it anyway! lol
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:23 pm
by celadon
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:55 pm
by Cupz
Well, Me, Aesthetics, Roygbiv and Fredd-E could do one in The Netherlands I guess

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:34 pm
by Guido
I'm from .nl also.
And I could bring some other BoC-minded friends, we've been planning to do a red moon party in the forest for ages but never did it due to occupations/bad weather/wrong season etc.
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:24 pm
by Cupz
Excellent!

We should totally arrange this!

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:39 pm
by Joebot Kill
There are a few people on this board around the new england area, right? we could have the US one in the mountains of new hampshire or something!
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:51 pm
by vonarx
Joebot Kill wrote:There are a few people on this board around the new england area, right? we could have the US one in the mountains of new hampshire or something!
one of the nicest places i've ever been to was a beach in rhode island...
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:52 pm
by turquoise70
egh. i ain't going unless i can drive there in less than a day.
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:56 pm
by saturdayindex
turquoise70 wrote:egh. i ain't going unless i can drive there in less than a day.
Same here--I got a bizzy bizzy life
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:58 pm
by Joebot Kill
vonarx wrote:Joebot Kill wrote:There are a few people on this board around the new england area, right? we could have the US one in the mountains of new hampshire or something!
one of the nicest places i've ever been to was a beach in rhode island...
i actually go to school down in dartmouth, MA, which is like 20 minutes from RI. i was actually thinking about keeping my apartment over the summer and staying down there instead of going back home with my parents. there are some really nice beaches down there. newport and horse neck are two of the best. we've had some good parties down at horse neck!
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:13 pm
by Aesthetics
Cupz wrote:Well, Me, Aesthetics, Roygbiv and Fredd-E could do one in The Netherlands I guess

You totally forgot Frank and Guido! (and Jeroen, who unfortunately doesn't post here anymore)
Welcome on board Roygbiv.. please do a search before making a topic. This has been discussed a few times already.
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:21 am
by Cupz
I ment to put Frank in my post...and I didn't know guido was dutch untill he said so^^
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:58 am
by harpoon dodger
I could throw the Canada one..hosted here, In a Beautiful Place Out in the Country - the perfect setting?

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:23 am
by Joebot Kill
where bouts in onterio do you live? because thats actually pretty close to NE