Page 1 of 2
Guitar Hero
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:10 am
by 747Music
I'm suprised to not find a thread already started about this game. I'm completely addicted to it. I was inspired to make this thread as I just beat one of the makers of the game online a couple hours ago. Battled him, he was on Hard, I was on expert. mopped the floor with him too
any other addicts out there? score comparisons? fav songs? system played on?
I play on my 360 and wii. Couldnt find it for my PS3
If anyone wants to go online pm me.
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:21 am
by thedisavowed
I confess I'm terrible at this game and I don't play it often as I don't like being shamed by kids.
But my favorite song to play was "Search and Destroy" which I know is a noob song, but man I love that track. Long live the Stooges.
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:53 am
by harpoon dodger
I gave Guitar Hero 3 for my Wii..It's pretty awesome but I wish there was Rock Band! Ahaha..but yeah I love Guitar Hero..lots of fun. I'd play online with you..but my Wii isnt hooked up for online stuff right now....
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:04 am
by 747Music
harpoon dodger wrote:I gave Guitar Hero 3 for my Wii..It's pretty awesome but I wish there was Rock Band! Ahaha..but yeah I love Guitar Hero..lots of fun. I'd play online with you..but my Wii isnt hooked up for online stuff right now....
as soon as it is, we should co-op.
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:21 am
by harpoon dodger
747Music wrote:harpoon dodger wrote:I gave Guitar Hero 3 for my Wii..It's pretty awesome but I wish there was Rock Band! Ahaha..but yeah I love Guitar Hero..lots of fun. I'd play online with you..but my Wii isnt hooked up for online stuff right now....
as soon as it is, we should co-op.
Hell yea
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:43 am
by The Telepathic Kid
moar liek guitar QUEERO m i rite?
(I'm obviously joking, before anyone goes mental)
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:49 am
by hexagon son
it doesn't seem to understand what you say.

Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:29 pm
by YELLOW
haha yeah, i have guitar hero 3 for the wii, so much fun! i'm pretty good, being able to play about all the songs on hard and about half on expert. my favorite songs to play are "cliffs of dover," "cult of personality," "evenflow," "the number of the beast."
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:58 pm
by doubleEntendre
i pretty much own guitar hero, not gonna lie. i've beat the entire game.
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:04 pm
by polar sky
not a fan of guitar hero. can't stop thinking about metal gear.
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:42 pm
by Mexicola
Love it. My only gripe with it is that
a) Guitar Hero2 still used re-recorded versions of several songs. Because they mucked about with some of the songs (Heart Shaped Box springs to mind), and because I've already learned how to play them correctly years ago - I instinctively play the "real" song instead of the re-recorded one. That doesn't get an especially high score!
b) no edit function. How cool would it be to be able to upload your own songs/fave songs from your cd collection and then edit your own tab/finger placement and then play those songs too.
But yeah, it still rocks....

Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:29 am
by markNine
I love the game.
(Playing it on Playstation 2)
The only songs I can't beat on Expert are:
"Through the fire and flames"
"One"
"Raining Blood"
and "The Way it Ends"
I was the happiest person on earth when I recently was able to get 4 stars on "Through the fire and flames" on Hard
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:14 am
by 747Music
polar sky wrote:not a fan of guitar hero. can't stop thinking about metal gear.
I'm stocking up on pants for the day MGS4 comes out. I'm freakin die hard about the series! beat each one over 14 times.
doubleEntendre wrote:i pretty much own guitar hero, not gonna lie. i've beat the entire game.
I definitely wanna play against you. I've pretty much beaten it all as well on expert. Admittedly I still have some trouble with the very start of 'Through Fire and Flames' but the rest is a piece of cake. 'the devil went down to georgia' boss battle song download on my 360 is much harder than Dragonforce and I'm soooooo close to beating it. but the game is done on expert.
Hey Mexicola, I hear the PC version of GH3 allows you to edit songs and create new ones.
Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:39 pm
by 747Music
just beat Through Fire and Flames by Dragonforce on expert. And The Devil Went Down to Georgia boss battle download which is even harder. I'm very proud of myself today

Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:59 pm
by Frank
http://www.southparkzone.com/episodes/1 ... eer-o.html
Played it a couple of times, not really my kinda game i guess.
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:24 am
by Cupz
Heroin Hero...They call it the ultimate first person shooter
Classic episode

Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:06 am
by 747Music
Frank wrote:http://www.southparkzone.com/episodes/1113/Guitar-Queer-o.html

Played it a couple of times, not really my kinda game i guess.
love that episode! when stan's dad gets hooked on heroin hero and stan turns off the console. classic indeed.
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:04 am
by shponglization
I play GH sometimes on my wii. But it has got pretty tiresome since I suck at those 4 final songs on expert. Plus I haven't beaten that gross Lou-battle on hard yet

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:05 am
by shponglization
747Music wrote:just beat Through Fire and Flames by Dragonforce on expert. And The Devil Went Down to Georgia boss battle download which is even harder. I'm very proud of myself today

Dude, that's insane. I barely make it through fire and flames on hard... My fingers are numb afterwards.
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:12 am
by harpoon dodger
Well I'm no pro, but I finally beat One on Hard..which is an accomplishment I suppose, ahahah. But yeah, I cannot touch Through the Fire and the Flames on Hard..Medium, no prob
