Page 1 of 4

What would you do if tomorrow is the end of the world?

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:42 am
by ZX-Pilot
Imagine a huge meteor heading to Earth, impact - tomorrow. What would you do for the last 24 hours of your life?

I would panick for an hour or so. Then I will go to the airport and talk to someone about getting into the plane and to take off some 10 minutes before impact (I would bring my dearest ones with me). And to watch the meteor crushing the earth from some 80000 feet. I bet that it would be some scene! And maybe... maybe Mount everest... or Greenland is okay?

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:42 am
by saturdayindex
I'd drive down to my girlfriend's house and spend the rest of my life with her, along with the rest of my family.

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:54 am
by Vordhosbn
There was an interesting Bradbury short story where everyone in the world wakes up in the morning knowing its their last day to live, and they don't do anything differently. They just go through the day doing what they always do...knowing there is nothing they actually regret about how they lived their lives.

But as for me I'd probably go on a rampage of love and hate, hugging and laughing and crying and screaming and killing.

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:03 am
by The Telepathic Kid
I'd go blow my money on hookers and booze.
Why care about STI's when you've only got about 24 hours to live.

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:05 am
by harpoon dodger
Drugs. Lots of them.

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:09 am
by bleak.
i think i would probably sit on a cliff near my house overlooking the sea. simple but perfect in my mind!

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:46 am
by turquoise70
Vordhosbn kinda already said this but I honestly think I would do whatever I normally do. I'm not really holding back on anything I'd like to be doing currently.

Or, more realistically, now that I think of it, I'd be trying to avoid fallout from the panic and demolition that would probably result. Disaster happens and people go berserk, it's nuts. I'd rather not get my lights put out by some crazy person before I have a chance to watch a meteor clock the earth like a cosmic mike tyson.

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:29 am
by mechanismj
Drive straight to the impact site, stand perfectly still with my arms out, looking straight into the sky, and scream with all my might.

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:49 am
by ryetronics
I'd keep hitting refresh on boardsofcanada.com in the hopes of getting news of a new album before our fiery death.

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:34 pm
by wwbjd
I'd probably start shaking uncontrollably as a pool of urine began to form at my feet. Popping a handful of Xanax, my girlfriend and I would get into an argument and the baby would begin to cry and scream.

Outside the neighbors would begin filling the streets, also screaming. The police would try to restore order for an hour or so, but soon give up hope as well and their cars would sit empty at intersections. People would start to loot the cop cars, taking their weapons, attacking and potentially shooting those who they believe had wronged them in the past.

I'd probably be hanging on by a thread curled up in a ball under the stairs.

It would be mass hysteria and chaos up until the final moment for those who chose to stay alive.

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:35 pm
by hexagon son
ryetronics wrote:I'd keep hitting refresh on boardsofcanada.com in the hopes of getting news of a new album before our fiery death.


this made me laugh! :lol:

i would probably relocate to somewhere remote like northern canada or greenland and hope the impact didnt come anywhere near where i was...

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:48 pm
by humanfromearth
as a race, we've never been in this situation so the speculations concerning this can be endless. I'm voting for massive outbreaks of insanity and of course the drugs - which might be in shortage having in mind the demand on that particular day. Storing an amount of drugs would be a good idea, but having in mind that we are talking about 'the end of the world' here - that would be a complete waste.

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:04 pm
by wwbjd
A meteor is hurtling from deep space and on a collision course with the planet. That's not good. To prepare for the potential deep impact, gamers must play 50 mini-games to earn enough coin to save the planet. Games include carrot plucking, rhythm exercises, and other short yet sweet Wii Remote waving exercises.

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:13 pm
by eppers
i'd go up on the roof and hug whoever is near me

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:55 pm
by CoBoC
Nothing would make more sense than to just be home, holding my wife and watching our son play. Nothing ever made me happier.

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:08 pm
by Mexicola
Hold Eleanor in my arms, wherever we are, and probably smile and cry from fear, happiness and sadness.

PS - welcome HumanFromEarth (honestly, you lot - say hello to the new-guy!) Tsk...

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:01 pm
by macquarie
ryetronics wrote:I'd keep hitting refresh on boardsofcanada.com in the hopes of getting news of a new album before our fiery death.


lol.

I would...not do the same.

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:40 pm
by mechanismj
Sup new guy!

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:55 pm
by Magic Brenda
Twat Jeremy Kyle. For 24 hours.

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:29 am
by ZX-Pilot
hexagon son wrote:i would probably relocate to somewhere remote like northern canada or greenland and hope the impact didnt come anywhere near where i was...


Okay. We think alike. We are survivors, fighters. We are not damn lazy quitters. Screaming, getting drugged and react like stupid insects. I like you. We are 2 sane persons on this little silly messageboard.

Okay, so we go to Greenland. And it hits Greenland. That would be funny! :P