Page 1 of 2
The Great Campfire Headphase Fake :
Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:36 pm
by blue_olson
I always thought I was up to speed on BoC, so it was to my surprise when I awoke this morning and logged into my youtube page to find that somebody suggested that a recent upload of the track 'Ataranchronon' was indeed not BoC.
Here is that video ..
http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=jLXUWsSLYmA
So I ask you brothers and sisters then,is this not Boards of Canada?
And indeed what is the story behind this 'fake' Campfire Headphase LP. Further and brief investigation on google told me there was substance to the claim.
Many thanks ..
Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:02 pm
by Cupz
Here we go again

Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:32 pm
by -Phil-
ahah
it's not Ataronchronon for sure, and it's too boring/not melodic enough to be BoC anyway
Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:18 pm
by saturdayindex
I'm actually digging this a lot. I wonder who it is. It does kind of sound like something BOC might do.
Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:20 pm
by turquoise70
Faked self-promotion smells like AIDS penises.
*sniff*
Yep, every time.
Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:44 pm
by saturdayindex
Boards of Canada masquerading as fake Boards of Canada..
but let's be honest here... whether this is fake or not, it's actually damn good, in my opinion. the piece as a whole is definitely tinged with Autechre.
nice job.
Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:54 pm
by Cupz
saturdayindex wrote:but let's be honest here... whether this is fake or not, it's actually damn good, in my opinion. the piece as a whole is definitely tinged with Autechre.
Its a really good song, but its not BoC by any means. Will the real artist please stand up?
Wasn't this retrodreaming?
Oh, and since when was The Campfire Headphase an EP

Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:16 pm
by zeitgeist
aids penises. lolz....
Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:57 pm
by Joebot Kill
if that song is boards of canada, its a good thing it wasnt released because it was pretty boring.
Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:04 pm
by blue_olson
I grabbed this 'LP' (sorry about the EP bit) illegally so I got my fingers burnt I suppose.
In saying that though had someone not said I would have went through my life thinking this was BoC and not only that,but probably my favourite piece from them. :/
I think it is an incredible piece of music and it sounds like BoC all over to me.
I feel bad for not knowing,please forgive me Boards.
I would love to know who produced it then,it is an immense piece of electronica.
Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:10 pm
by blue_olson
It also begs the question if this is not BoC,then what else is not on this album I have been listening to.
Grrr!
Music piracy is dumb.
Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:12 pm
by turquoise70
blue_olson wrote:I grabbed this 'LP' (sorry about the EP bit) illegally so I got my fingers burnt I suppose.
In saying that though had someone not said I would have went through my life thinking this was BoC and not only that,but probably my favourite piece from them. :/
I think it is an incredible piece of music and it sounds like BoC all over to me.
I feel bad for not knowing,please forgive me Boards.
I would love to know who produced it then,it is an immense piece of electronica.
It's all good. We're just generally very well-versed in BoC sound-alikes, fakes, tributes, and related minutia on this forum. (And I don't know who made it, soz)
Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:30 pm
by saturdayindex
I really love the production on this track, even if it's not the most exciting track in the world. Someone's got some good skillz.
Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:11 pm
by bleak.
disliked it earlier...but at these later hours i'm appreciating it. definitely not BOC...
edit: it's really starting to drag...
Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:23 am
by oyster
a. it's clearly your own music
b. it's not good
c. fuck you
d. taco sauce living in a chicken mind
6. please me
904. im drunk
43. fuck your momma
45. please shut u
45. if it isn't your music, this is what you get for stealing music and ripping off the artist you stupid cunt
Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:34 am
by zeitgeist
oyster wrote:a. it's clearly your own music
b. it's not good
c. fuck you
d. taco sauce living in a chicken mind
6. please me
904. im drunk
43. fuck your momma
45. please shut u
45. if it isn't your music, this is what you get for stealing music and ripping off the artist you stupid cunt
wow.

Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:49 am
by oyster
shut your whore!
Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:41 am
by blue_olson
oyster wrote:a. it's clearly your own music
b. it's not good
c. fuck you
d. taco sauce living in a chicken mind
6. please me
904. im drunk
43. fuck your momma
45. please shut u
45. if it isn't your music, this is what you get for stealing music and ripping off the artist you stupid cunt
I can guarantee you it isn't my music.
I would rather listen to music obtained via suspect downloads than not at all. I'm sure the artist would have me listen to it this way too,than not at all.
When I can afford all my music on vinyl I shall have it all on vinyl.
a. Have a cigarette buddie.
b. I regret this thread ;
Carry on ...
Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:54 am
by hexagon son
oyster wrote:a. it's clearly your own music
b. it's not good
c. fuck you
d. taco sauce living in a chicken mind
6. please me
904. im drunk
43. fuck your momma
45. please shut u
45. if it isn't your music, this is what you get for stealing music and ripping off the artist you stupid cunt
i lol'd! but yeah, if you download and you know you love the band and have no intention of buying, well then... if you DL an artist who's work is impossible to buy brand new (deleted, not in print etc.), then that is fair play. i'm not overly keen on paying for mp3's myself.
Re: The Great Campfire Headphase Fake :
Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:11 am
by 88marquis
The beat is cool, but it goes on for too long - kinda like most of my songs so far! =P