Page 1 of 2
Christ. "Distance Lends Enchantment to the View"
Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:25 pm
by Joebot Kill
Saw this on the "coming soon" portion of the Benbecula website.
http://www.benbecula.com/buy.shtml
Distance Lends Enhancement to the View... Epic title! Great news! I wonder if it's got a live drummer!?
With new Bibio and now new Christ. who needs new BoC, anyway!?
Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:12 pm
by bleak.
new chirst. and ochre?! looking forwards to this x 2!
Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:13 pm
by Retrodreaming

yes yes yes!!!!!
Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:17 pm
by Fredd-E
So, in conclusion, we will have a new album by
Bibio,
Ochre and
Christ.
You do know what this implies, right?

Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:36 pm
by Treefingers
This is messing with my head, man.
Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:52 pm
by 88marquis
This is going to be a fantastic year - don't forget the live christ. album coming this month =P
Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:33 pm
by Skytree
Fine news indeed.
Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 2:30 am
by tvsr
Fredd-E wrote:So, in conclusion, we will have a new album by
Bibio,
Ochre and
Christ.
You do know what this implies, right?

that's pretty crazy!
Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:59 pm
by Joebot Kill
Yay more info!
"Distance Lends Enchantment to the View"
Benbecula Records, 2009
(BEN051CD / BEN051D)
LP CD / Download
5021449510924
Release date: 21 September 2009
Track Listing
01 Dymaxian Oceanic World
02 Dirty Sun
03 Adam's Bridge
04 Event Horizon They Waited
05 Toynbee
06 Harbin Ice
07 Guides Tones
08 Alexandria Genesis
09 Odyssey 31
10 Animus
By the way, has anyone noticed that the album art is not actually entirely black!? I messed around with it, here's what i got!

Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:09 pm
by Fredd-E
Joebot Kill wrote:Yay more info!
More old news, indeed!
http://www.twoism.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=88411#88411
Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:10 pm
by IanRedpoint
Got a nice Benbecula email today. Vinyl limited to 500 copies. Only £8.99 (same as CD I think) so seemed rude not to pre-order.
Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:20 pm
by Joebot Kill
yup, got mine!!!
haha how am i gonna afford this warp20 box when i keep buying stuff like this. i want the new bibio too. those should wait. july 5th is swiftly approaching...
but yeah, limited 2xlp is just so sweet. i wish they'd do that with the new ochre...
Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:06 pm
by Skytree
Nice references to
Buckminster Fuller and
Toynbee tiles in the track titles.
"Event Horizon They Waited" sounds familiar...excerpt from a sci-fi short story?
Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:38 pm
by saob
IanRedpoint wrote:Got a nice Benbecula email today. Vinyl limited to 500 copies. Only £8.99 (same as CD I think) so seemed rude not to pre-order.
Ah crap, they are really luring me into collecting vinyl. I already spend too much on CDs than my economy allows, but I'm attracted to limited stuff so I don't know how much longer i can resist... argh!
Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:27 pm
by IanRedpoint
Joebot Kill wrote:but yeah, limited 2xlp is just so sweet. i wish they'd do that with the new ochre...
I know. I'm finding it hard to get excited over the new Ochre, what with half of it already on Death of an Aura, and also only on CD. I'm sure I'll get it eventually though.
Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:56 pm
by saob
Here's the extras that came with my pre-order of the CD.
4 prints on thick paper.

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:52 pm
by Joebot Kill
those prints are really nice! I pre-ordered the vinyl and they sent me the fucking CD, minus any bonuses. Can you believe it? but I sent them an email and they're sending me the LPs. But I'm still glad I got chance to listen to it. What a great album! Every song is incredible! I'm really liking Tonybee and Harbin Ice right now.
Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:34 pm
by Skytree
Skytree wrote:"Event Horizon They Waited" sounds familiar...excerpt from a sci-fi short story?
Ah, here we go:
http://www.sixwordstories.net/?s=event+horizonInside the event horizon they waited. - James Penn
Still haven't received the album, but really look forward to it. Anyone in the States have theirs?
Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:08 pm
by Joebot Kill
i got mine yesterday
Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:23 pm
by 88marquis
Ordered a few days ago - the live album took about three weeks to arrive.. I can't wait for this though really.. blue shift will have to do for now!