Page 1 of 2

At what price would you value my collection?

Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:27 pm
by Guido
I may be selling my collection some day and I would like to know what would be a fair price to sell it for.

Here it is:

------------------------------------------

VINYL
------------
[albums]
MUSIC HAS THE RIGHT TO CHILDREN 2xLP
GEOGADDI 3xLP
THE CAMPFIRE HEADPHASE 2xLP

[eps]
TRANS CANADA HIGHWAY (White vinyl)
TWOISM (2002 repress)
IN A BEAUTIFUL PLACE OUT IN THE COUNTRY (Blue vinyl)
PEEL SESSIONS

[remixes]
BOOM BIP - FROM LEFT TO RIGHT
CLOUDDEAD - DEAD DOGS TWO
WHY? - GOOD FRIDAY REMIX
SLAG BOOM VAN LOON - SO SOON
MICHAEL FAKESCH - DEMON 1

[other]
MUSIC HAS THE RIGHT TO CHILDREN 10" PROMO
WARP 10+3 REMIXES 4xLP
WARP20 BOXSET (Sealed)
AQUARIUS 7" (Incl. insert)
GEOGADDI PROMO (3x, of which 2 unplayed)
2x THE SEXUAL OBJECTS - HERE COME THE RUBBER COPS 7"

CD
----------
[albums]
MUSIC HAS THE RIGHT TO CHILDREN (Digipack)
MUSIC HAS THE RIGHT TO CHILDREN (Promo)
GEOGADDI
GEOGADDI (Special Edition)
GEOGADDI (Japanese with OBI, sealed)
THE CAMPFIRE HEADPHASE (Digipack)
THE CAMPFIRE HEADPHASE (Promo with insert)

[eps]
HI SCORES (With insert)
TWOISM
PEEL SESSIONS
IN A BEAUTIFUL PLACE OUT IN THE COUNTRY
TRANS CANADA HIGHWAY
TRANS CANADA HIGHWAY (Promo)
DAYVAN COWBOY (Promo DVD)

[remixes]
BECK - GUEROLITO (With Broken Drum remix)
SOLANGE - SOL-ANGEL AND THE HADLEY ST. DREAMS (Album)
SOLANGE - SOL-ANGEL AND THE HADLEY ST. DREAMS (Album promo)

[other]
WARP:ROUTINE (Sealed)
WAP100 WE ARE REASONABLE PEOPLE
WARP 10+3 REMIXES
HELL INTERFACE - WHINE AND MISSINGTOE (Minicd)

MAGAZINES
----------------------
NME
GROOVES
RE-UP
GROOVE
SPACE AGE BACHELOR
HHV.DE
HUMO
JOCKEYSLUT
WIRE
SPEX

POSTERS
---------------
GEOGADDI
2x THE CAMPFIRE HEADPHASE
TRANS CANADA HIGHWAY

OTHER
------------
MUSIC HAS THE RIGHT TO CHILDREN (Japanese promo music cassette)
3x WINDOW STICKERS
2x BLUE/WHITE STICKERS
YELLOW/GREEN STICKER
BIG STICKER
MUSIC HAS THE RIGHT THE CHILDREN PROMO CARD
GEOGADDI PROMO CARD
2x THE CAMPFIRE HEADPHASE PROMO CARD

------------------------------------------

Assume that everything is in good condition etc :).

Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:31 pm
by nick47
Ill give you 1.3 million for the posters/stickers :D

Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:32 pm
by Snufkin
I'll give you one kidney and a kebab..

Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:48 pm
by Infinite E
ill give you an unhelpful comment

Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:08 pm
by iec
are you selling it all at once or piece by piece?

i went through the list and put together a mental estimation... you could score well upwards of $1000, i think.

also, i might be interested in some particulars if you're selling :)

Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:16 pm
by Guido
Yeah, I forgot to mention it, if I sell it I will only sell it as a whole.

Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:18 pm
by iec
I would say $1300 USD is a fair price. Maybe a little more.

Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:22 pm
by Fredd-E
why would you sell it? 1300 usd would be like 950 euro.. is it worth it for only 950 euro?

Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:16 pm
by novayshun
Fredd-E wrote:why would you sell it? 1300 usd would be like 950 euro.. is it worth it for only 950 euro?


i'd say that was wishful thinking

Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:29 pm
by Fredd-E
novayshun wrote:
Fredd-E wrote:why would you sell it? 1300 usd would be like 950 euro.. is it worth it for only 950 euro?


i'd say that was wishful thinking

even if he would get that kind of money, i'd reconsider it.. that relatively speaking little bit of money does not warrant selling such a sweet collection.. at least I wouldn't do it. unless it was a choice of life and death.

Re: At what price would you value my collection?

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:28 am
by Moebius
Guido wrote:MAGAZINES
----------------------
GROOVES
GROOVE
HHV.DE
SPEX


The wiki doesn't have scans of these interviews, could you make some for us? Thanks.

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:27 pm
by Retrodreaming
I would never sell my collection,plus for that small amount of money, you could spend that is minutes!! So are you hard up? Because once it's gone you will be gutted.I sold some CD's years ago and i really regret it! but on the upside i have most of it back now ;o)

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:27 pm
by saob
He obviously spent alot of time collecting BoC related stuff, can't put a price on that really. But for some, the collecting part means more than the owning part. And if he's not feeling any pleasure in owning the collection he might aswell sell it, regardless if he is in some kind of economical trouble or not. Maybe he will sell it and start collecting from scratch again? =>

Personally I feel great pleasure in owning my collection and it feels right to own the physical media of one of my favourite bands instead of only pirated mp3 as I had before.

Ahm I'm ranting off here. Price estimation was the topic, I have no clue sorry =>

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:21 am
by Goiter Sanchez
If you're gonna sell I'd recommend doing it ASAP. All BoC vinyl is oop and selling for more than ever before on eBay. We're talking over $100 for the Geogaddi triple vinyl and some of the others aren't far off that mark.
As is often the way, the vinyl back catalog will probably be partially repressed soon after the new album drops to capitalize on BoCmania; and that could be happening sooner than you think! The resale value on the vinyls will drop dramatically when that happens.

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:28 am
by Aesthetics
Just don't do it Guido. Unless you are in serious need for money.

If the money is just something extra you might regret it because the money is gone before you know it.

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:01 am
by Earthbound
I would probably give you 1000 euro's for it.

But really Guido, why sell it?

Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:02 pm
by 23degreesdream
back in the day (mid to late 90's) i was nuts about Radiohead, i collected everything i could - all the singles, promo's, cards, posters, tons of rare and collectible stuff - then when i went to Uni i was cash strapped and flogged the whole lot to a record dealer, for a pretty average price. I seriously regret that decision, even though i'm no longer obsessed with the band it was a part of my life at the time and i'd love to still have it to look back on, which is something you can't put a price on - just my personal exerience, i guess it's up to the individual, but i would think seriously about parting with items that you've worked hard to get.

Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:09 pm
by Guido
Yeah, as a result of relocating to a new apartment I ended up in a complex financial situation. I have debts and rent to pay and I started thinking how much money I could be offered if I sold my collection. This however was the worst case scenario and at this moment it looks like I don't have to sell anything to keep out of trouble. Aside from this, I've been collecting some 5 years and it is a recurring question in my head how much it could be worth. Like some of you said, +/- 1000 euro isn't a lot of money in relation to the minimum monthly wage in most western countries but it is a lot of money if you can save yourself from legal/financial trouble.

I will try to scan the requested magazines soon..

Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:58 pm
by Tekmosis
Why would you give some of that stuff away for something as common as money?

Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:19 am
by Totopatter
would never sell any of that ever.