Page 1 of 3

Your favourite TV theme tunes?

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:44 pm
by Tony Montana

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:19 pm
by wmarsh
Pft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY5zQXYYMaw "rub it out and start again" is my mantra
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxjqMZd- ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXsjzcC4 ... re=related piano (at the three-second mark) at the beginning always reminds me of roygbiv.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nqN_7eGItM
http://80scartoonscontent.co.uk/sounds/moomins.mp3 (and hell, specifically this version with the children's voices over the top, which are an artefact of the recording and not in the original) - snufkin should appreciate this one!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0XDyiw4szU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zedq1VhaS90
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu0o6u1VmGE

None of these should be experience without the constraints of a RF television signal and VHS distortion. Fuck every post-1994 year in the face.

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:38 pm
by Tony Montana
Great suggestions!

I really like the Roobarb and custard theme.

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:46 pm
by turquoise70


this this this this this this

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:06 pm
by Basepair
Tony Montana wrote:Great suggestions!

I really like the Roobarb and custard theme.


tunnnnnnnnnnnnnne!!! 8)

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:20 pm
by Numerator
turquoise70 wrote:


this this this this this this


beat me to it!

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:33 pm
by jakestott
Numerator wrote:
turquoise70 wrote:


this this this this this this


beat me to it!


oh man, sending shivers up my spine watching this! thanks for posting!

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:52 pm
by Xurbatronic
Without any doubt it is this for me:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3ztIDFU2P8

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:49 pm
by triststephens

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:59 pm
by Sac

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:10 am
by harpoon dodger
Twin Peaks for sure!! Angelo Badalamenti is an amazing composer.

However, my all-time favorite TV theme has got to be...Tales from the Darkside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtidefXK478&feature=related

Best horror show that was ever on TV. When I watch it, I'm amazed it was ever on primetime television considering how dark some of the episodes are. I was overjoyed when they finally released it on DVD in 2008.

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:29 am
by rick7487
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5c9e6uAUF8

I know this may not fit with the theme, but Rescue 911 was the best show when I was a kid. No other show has traumatized me as much as this one did, and sadly it was my favorite show back when I was 5 or 6.

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:41 am
by s7409651
I had totally forgotten about this and had such a trip watching it.
It's insane. Totally psychadelic. I think this cartoon explains why I am like I am today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDet-uf7fFk

QUAQ QUAO!

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:52 am
by powershoes
jack horkheimer's star gazer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igHOaMOzzUo

keep looking up!

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:14 am
by Xurbatronic
triststephens wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xez4o1ujOPI
tomorrow people
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLpcr7KTi9I
children of the stones
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNCtLKs_23Y
Noah's castle

that explains alot!


Thanks for this post - I knew about the Tomorrow People, but not the excellent Children of the Stones. I'm just watching episode two now, wonderful stuff, from that great British televisual tradition of scaring the living daylights out of kids!
I remember finding a lot of the BBC / ITV kids' TV productions quite spooky as a child, and they were. Fantastic soundtrack too. Also, the concept of the Children of the Stones is reminiscent of The Stone Tape series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stone_Tape

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:36 pm
by Tony Montana
triststephens wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xez4o1ujOPI
tomorrow people
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLpcr7KTi9I
children of the stones
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNCtLKs_23Y
Noah's castle

that explains alot!


Brilliant! Children of the Stones is so creepy. They don't make TV shows like that any more.

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:40 pm
by Tony Montana
Speaking of being terrified as a kid, this show used to scare the hell out of me when I was younger:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js7T-VTL91k

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:55 pm
by Tony Montana

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:56 pm
by dono

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:58 pm
by mechanismj