Page 1 of 1
Casio SA-20 Circuit Bent by me
Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:34 am
by Five Step Path
Hey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKKSn6uWm-4
So I circuit bent this a long time ago, finally decided to do a quick recording of just a small bit of what it is capable of doing.
What you guys think?
Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:19 am
by tontonz
HOLY SHIT

Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:29 am
by thepenguin114
Very cool. As soon as I get a new keyboard, I want to do something similar to my old concertmate-670. How'd you go about doing it?
Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:39 pm
by Five Step Path
Lots of hours of poking around, experimenting with different pots, combination. There is still plenty that can be done, I'll have to crack it back open one of these days.
Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:27 pm
by mucephei
Thanks for posting that - very good indeed.
Reminded me a lot of free improv. Richard Teitelbaum needed a shitload of electronics to do similar things.
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:24 am
by The Other
nice
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:03 pm
by polar sky
Nice. Circuit Bending is fun.
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:26 pm
by Numerator
I have a circuit bent Casio SA-9 (same sound chip). The modifications are noisy glitch type ones and pretty much useless but it was very fun to do!
Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:22 am
by Five Step Path
Numerator wrote:I have a circuit bent Casio SA-9 (same sound chip). The modifications are noisy glitch type ones and pretty much useless but it was very fun to do!
Haha, yeah that actually blew me away when I found that out:
"wait so the only difference between all the models is unlocking 10 extra sounds hidden all in the same chip?"
There's a youtube video of someone who bent the fuck out of the SA-20 and it's beast. He has a Appropriator and a delay and stuff. It's EFing great. I got a Casio Rapman that I'm planning on opening up next.