Page 1 of 1

Deerhunter

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:10 pm
by rolypablo
Anyone like them?

I've just started listening to them after getting their most recent album, Halcyon Digest. I now have Microcastle and Weird Era Cont.

Great stuff.

Just did a search to see if they are going to come to Scotland, they're not! But they are doing a tour just now and have some pretty impressive support acts, such as:

!!!, Beach House, Foals, Holy F***, Ladyhawke, Yeasayer and Casino Vs Japan!

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:14 pm
by winterbudds
Yes, just saw them here in L.A. with Casino Vs Japan...Great Show...just wish CVJ had a longer set.

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:51 pm
by Elephant Face
I absolutely love Deerhunter/Atlas Sound. They're in my top ten. Bradford Cox has a massive creative output, mining his blog is very rewarding, TONS of free music there: http://deerhuntertheband.blogspot.com

Also check out Lockett Pundt's Lotus Plaza, very dreamy stuff, definitely worth your time. I saw Atlas Sound at Fun Fun Fun Fest 2009, Deerhunter at FFFF this year, and I plan on seeing Atlas Sound at Psych Fest next year. Cox is extremely talented, and loves what he does, his music conveys that.

Re: Deerhunter

Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:54 am
by kidfortoday70
rolypablo wrote:Anyone like them?

I've just started listening to them after getting their most recent album, Halcyon Digest. I now have Microcastle and Weird Era Cont.

Great stuff.

Just did a search to see if they are going to come to Scotland, they're not! But they are doing a tour just now and have some pretty impressive support acts, such as:

!!!, Beach House, Foals, Holy F***, Ladyhawke, Yeasayer and Casino Vs Japan!


Deerhunter is good stuff my friend

Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:19 am
by 747Music
winterbudds wrote:Yes, just saw them here in L.A. with Casino Vs Japan...Great Show...just wish CVJ had a longer set.


Oh man! you saw CVJ live?? I'm so jealous!