Page 1 of 2

RIP Trish Keenan

Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:44 pm
by Treefingers
http://warp.net/records/broadcast/a-statement#3

Ridiculously sad news that came completely from nowhere. :(

RIP Trish...

Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:20 pm
by Mr Sheep
Tragic news. Broadcast were an inspirational band and Trish was scintillating live.
Such a young creative spirit will be sorely missed.

Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:28 pm
by Xurbatronic
That is so sad. I was just listening to Broadcast's song 'I'm Just A Person In This Roomy Verse' and thought I'd check Twoism for any new threads, then I saw this thread. I'm not really a superstitions person, but I feel like someone just walked over my grave, to be honest! Her passing is a great loss to music.

Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:39 pm
by A_Northern_Soul
Logged on just to post this news. A sad loss.

Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:10 pm
by Green Pylon
A_Northern_Soul wrote:Logged on just to post this news. A sad loss.


+1
still feel like tears
RIP

Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:17 pm
by Joebot Kill
so sad.

Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:01 pm
by hexagon son
this is really a tragic loss to the music community as a whole. i will miss her beautiful voice.

Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:23 pm
by Aesthetics
Very sad news.
Yesterday I read on Pitchfork about her being hospitalized but I surely wasn't expecting this.

I'd best quote Warp for this:
Warp Records wrote:This is an untimely tragic loss and we will miss Trish dearly - a unique voice, an extraordinary talent and a beautiful human being. Rest in Peace.


Rest in peace Trish, I'll certainly miss your voice.

Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:35 pm
by asymmetrical head
R.I.P.

Sad News Indeed.

Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:25 pm
by IanRedpoint
So it goes.

A terrible loss and so shockingly young.

Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:38 pm
by Twoism-ist
this is fucking horrible

i wanted so badly to see her live

now i never will

my favorite female singer ever

Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:41 pm
by The Friendly Stranger
Twoism-ist wrote:this is fucking horrible

i wanted so badly to see her live

now i never will

my favorite female singer ever


So upset by this. So unfair.

Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:53 pm
by bleak.
such sad news.

Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:40 pm
by nsputnik
It is going to be a tough day for me today.

Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:12 pm
by Fredd-E
sad... rip

Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:24 pm
by JosephG
Speechless.

A void.

Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:32 pm
by Treefingers
Listened to 'Haha Sound' and 'Tender Buttons' in tribute, until I started to feel a bit melancholy. Such a massive shock.

Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:41 am
by Möbius
A friend of mine just shared the news with me a few hours ago.

I had pneumonia when I was a child — horrible experience.

A travesty to say the least. She will be on heavy rotation for the next few days in memoriam.

Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:48 pm
by Snufkin
RIP :(

Certainly untimely - a rare talent and a beautiful voice that's no doubt waiting to be discovered and cherished by many.

-Snuf

Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:30 pm
by The Other
R.I.P Trish

gone but not forgotten