Page 1 of 2

Turntable.fm

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:23 pm
by nsputnik
This is a music streaming site where "rooms" exist. You can be in a room to listen or DJ. You can have 5 rotating DJs. You are represented by an avatar. I think it is pretty cool. I started a Twoism room. Come on over and listen or DJ with me.
http://turntable.fm/twoism

Re: Turntable.fm

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:01 pm
by Kamas009
nsputnik wrote:This is a music streaming site where "rooms" exist. You can be in a room to listen or DJ. You can have 5 rotating DJs. You are represented by an avatar. I think it is pretty cool. I started a Twoism room. Come on over and listen or DJ with me.
http://turntable.fm/twoism



How do we join?

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:12 pm
by nsputnik
You need to be friends with someone on Facebook who has joined. If you are in the Facebook Twoism group see my post about this and friend me and I can invite you.

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:51 am
by Waterbagel
how am i just now finding out about the twoism.org facebook group

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:28 pm
by Aesthetics
Works again. Please come and join the show!

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:40 pm
by Kamas009
Aesthetics wrote:Works again. Please come and join the show!


We're missing a crowd!

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:02 pm
by Jonse
I just requested to join. You guys can +friend me or whatever.

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:51 pm
by Aesthetics

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:31 pm
by Aesthetics
Did I tell that it is free and that you can also choose to only listen to a pretty hq sound?

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:56 pm
by Kamas009
Aesthetics wrote:Did I tell that it is free and that you can also choose to only listen to a pretty hq sound?


Me and Aesthetics are getting lonely in here Jamming out to ourselves.

Add me on Facebook to get an invite. http://www.facebook.com/christopherkd

Join the fun.

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:29 pm
by Aesthetics
Who's up?

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:01 am
by Jonse
I'm testing out this thing right now...


Apparently they can only play a small amount of the song though unless other people are here. Hmm.

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:14 pm
by Aesthetics
Anyone in for a spin?

Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:23 pm
by Aesthetics
"We're very sorry, but while we would love to let you in and rock out with us, we need to currently restrict turntable access to only the United States due to licensing constraints.

We are working very hard to try and get you in as soon as possible.

If you believe this is a mistake and you are located in the United States, please e-mail help [at sign] turntable dot fm

Again, sorry, and we hope to see you soon.

Billy Chasen
CEO
"

:(

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:31 pm
by Mexicola
Wondering if this might help? Not tried it, but looks the business.

TunnelBear

Sadly, I think it's only UK-USA and USA-UK at the moment, but all the same.

PLUS - watch BBC iPlayer in the USA! (presumably)

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:50 pm
by asymmetrical head
Aesthetics wrote:Anyone?


When do you guys frequent the room?

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:18 pm
by Mexicola
At the moment, those of us over here in Europe can't. Turntable had to block non-US participants for legal reasons. :cry:

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:44 pm
by Aesthetics
I don't count on it but I really hope they have a solution for us EU people soon.

Mex, I tried TunnelBear but it didn't work for me..

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:19 pm
by notingath
http://turntable.fm/twoism

let's keep this active. can you none US gentlemen proxy and use your facebook to get in?

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:34 pm
by Noumenon
My invite finally works! Hah, this is cool.