Page 1 of 2

Homemade Jack Daniels Ketchup

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:05 pm
by Mexicola
Had to share this with you all. Been working on this bad boy today.

Home grown tomatoes, a shed load of Jack Daniels, vinegar, stacks of brown sugar, fennel, garlic, onion, cloves, coriander seed, celery, black and pink pepper, sea salt, lots of elbow grease and patience. Wish you could all taste this. My God, it's incredible!!! :shock: 8)

Image

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:09 pm
by BrandNewRetro
That sounds orgasmically delicious!

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:30 pm
by mechanismj
Duuude! That sounds amazing!

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:26 pm
by vballs
Wow impressive, i'm imagining the taste and I like it... wish I could try some

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:10 pm
by Mexicola
Did I mention the chili? Think I forgot to tell you about a chili. It's-a-spicy-meat-a-ball!! :shock:

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:22 pm
by polar sky
I'd dip some chicken tenders in that.

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:13 pm
by A_Northern_Soul
Good lord that looks amazing!

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:21 pm
by Mexicola
I would take orders but the cost of the Jack would probably make it prohibitive :lol:

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:37 am
by Jonse
That bottle says "LOL" on it.

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:13 am
by Waterbagel
Rodheh wrote:That bottle says "LOL" on it.
]

or could it be 1.0 L?
a mystery..

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:42 am
by Jonse
Waterbagel wrote:
Rodheh wrote:That bottle says "LOL" on it.
]

or could it be 1.0 L?
a mystery..



Of course.


But REALLY, it says "LOL".


When you're on shrooms, you get it!

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:03 pm
by dp
u need to be drinkin bourbon son

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:48 pm
by Mexicola
dp wrote:u need to be drinkin bourbon son


Oh, I drink plenty. I actually hesitated for a second before pouring the JD in. It was a leap of faith, but it worked a treat :D

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:54 pm
by A_Northern_Soul
dp wrote:u need to be drinkin bourbon son


It's alright to cook with Jack Daniels - it's not "proper" whisky....

*sound of can if worms being opened*

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:00 pm
by dp
Mexicola wrote:dp wrote: u need to be drinkin bourbon son

Oh, I drink plenty. I actually hesitated for a second before pouring the JD in. It was a leap of faith, but it worked a treat


Ha ha... The ketchup looks fantastic man!! I was merely giving you a hard time because I'm a Kentucky boy and to drink Jack is unholy where I come from.

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:00 pm
by Mexicola
A_Northern_Soul wrote:
dp wrote:u need to be drinkin bourbon son


It's alright to cook with Jack Daniels - it's not "proper" whisky....

*sound of can if worms being opened*


Correct. It tastes nice for a start. Touché. Have at you sir! (slaps face with gauntlet) :lol:

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:02 pm
by Mexicola
dp wrote:
Mexicola wrote:dp wrote: u need to be drinkin bourbon son

Oh, I drink plenty. I actually hesitated for a second before pouring the JD in. It was a leap of faith, but it worked a treat


Ha ha... The ketchup looks fantastic man!! I was merely giving you a hard time because I'm a Kentucky boy and to drink Jack is unholy where I come from.


Fair enough. Recommend me a proper bourbon. I'm genuinely intrigued :D

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:25 pm
by A_Northern_Soul
Mexicola wrote:A_Northern_Soul wrote: dp wrote: u need to be drinkin bourbon son

It's alright to cook with Jack Daniels - it's not "proper" whisky....

*sound of can if worms being opened*

Correct. It tastes nice for a start. Touché. Have at you sir! (slaps face with gauntlet)


I used to think that too.... Then I saw the error of my ways.

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:33 pm
by Mexicola
A_Northern_Soul wrote:
Mexicola wrote:A_Northern_Soul wrote: dp wrote: u need to be drinkin bourbon son

It's alright to cook with Jack Daniels - it's not "proper" whisky....

*sound of can if worms being opened*

Correct. It tastes nice for a start. Touché. Have at you sir! (slaps face with gauntlet)


I used to think that too.... Then I saw the error of my ways.


Scotch falls into the category 'I REALLY want to like it. But I just don't' It sits snuggly alongside steak and kidney pie, scallops and peanut butter. I keep trying it.......and I keep hating it. My loss I guess?

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:41 pm
by A_Northern_Soul
Mexicola wrote:A_Northern_Soul wrote: Mexicola wrote: A_Northern_Soul wrote: dp wrote: u need to be drinkin bourbon son

It's alright to cook with Jack Daniels - it's not "proper" whisky....

*sound of can if worms being opened*

Correct. It tastes nice for a start. Touché. Have at you sir! (slaps face with gauntlet)

I used to think that too.... Then I saw the error of my ways.

Scotch falls into the category 'I REALLY want to like it. But I just don't' It sits snuggly alongside steak and kidney pie, scallops and peanut butter. I keep trying it.......and I keep hating it. My loss I guess?


Keep persevering ;)

There's such a wide range of whisky* out there, there'll be one for you if you like bourbon. Mrs A_Northern_Soul hates whisky normally, but can drink Bruichladdich as it's quite light and almost wine-like. I'd recommend a nice spicy Speyside one to begin with.

* whisky - never Scotch. I was told off for that.