Search found 22 matches

by Sir Prancelot
Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:29 am
Forum: The Playground
Topic: Kinda Trippy
Replies: 3
Views: 995

I've done something like that before, and I don't anymore because stuff like that can subliminally suggest certain things.
by Sir Prancelot
Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:22 am
Forum: The Playground
Topic: Your favourite TV theme tunes?
Replies: 56
Views: 15429

by Sir Prancelot
Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:12 am
Forum: This Random Sound
Topic: Gorillaz - Plastic beach (new album)
Replies: 45
Views: 10456

Well, all I can say is that I think that this is the best Gorillaz album yet, and I'm glad that Damon made an album that had even more flow than Demon Days. There wasn't a real weak point in the whole album, and the pressure kept on going until the album stopped, which is what I love when I listen ...
by Sir Prancelot
Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:52 am
Forum: The Playground
Topic: You most recent purchase? (In general, not just music)
Replies: 2268
Views: 2589981

Some cheap white owl cigars. The white grape kind. Very, very good stuff, and it made me want to listen to BoC.
by Sir Prancelot
Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:14 pm
Forum: Boards of Canada
Topic: Ambient BoC?
Replies: 40
Views: 15966

Re: Ambient BoC?

Also, in a music theory scope, their chord structures have drastically been changed too.

Could you expand on this a bit? And please use small words for those of us w/o a strong music theory background

Sure! Sorry for the long reply time. I haven't been on the forum for a while.


What I ...
by Sir Prancelot
Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:36 am
Forum: Boards of Canada
Topic: Thought I Might Point This Out
Replies: 28
Views: 6459

Thought I Might Point This Out

I was playing Metroid Prime the other day and I had one of those experiences where you see something that you should have noticed, but until that point you hadn't, and then you feel stupid because of it.

http://metroid.retropixel.net/mprime/obstacle_bluedoor.jpg


It's a ...
by Sir Prancelot
Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:56 am
Forum: Boards of Canada
Topic: First BoC song you EVER heard
Replies: 71
Views: 13812

if those people that say its boring or anti-climatic just took some time to themselves and listened to the songs with some headphones, theyd be hooked.

this.

i'm still trying to get my girlfriend into it.
i'll probably start taking this approach. >:D


Yeah...I remeber I played some BoC for ...
by Sir Prancelot
Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:59 pm
Forum: Boards of Canada
Topic: First BoC song you EVER heard
Replies: 71
Views: 13812

First BoC song you EVER heard

I know that there was a thread about the first one that you heard in this year...but what about of all time?

Also, where did you hear it, when did you hear it, and what was your first impression of it?

For me, the first one I ever heard was Roygbiv, and I thought that it was one of the best ...
by Sir Prancelot
Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:39 pm
Forum: Boards of Canada
Topic: Mental Pictures
Replies: 65
Views: 19065

ok lets say I think of or visualize the N word when I see the African.

how would I block or delete this? can I reprogram?

bonus question : how do you think this response originated in you?

If I tried really hard, I could reprogram, but it's too hard to do just because I want it out of my ...
by Sir Prancelot
Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:34 am
Forum: Boards of Canada
Topic: Ambient BoC?
Replies: 40
Views: 15966

Re: Ambient BoC?

I think, with their new album they should head in the ambient direction. I would love to hear more tracks like Echus and Corsair. Not sure if that's 'ambient' but I would love to see them go in that direction. Rather than guitar. IMO Even thought Dayvan Cowboy and Peacock Tail are absolutely MINT ...
by Sir Prancelot
Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:02 am
Forum: Boards of Canada
Topic: Mental Pictures
Replies: 65
Views: 19065

sometimes at random intervals i'll get a flashing mental image of myself either murdering or raping someone i'm talking to, usually someone i really like or even love. it goes away lightning quick, and i usually tell myself just not to encourage it by paying any attention to it. i'm a horrible ...
by Sir Prancelot
Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:18 am
Forum: The Playground
Topic: Avatar
Replies: 62
Views: 9308

Wow Pocahontas is such a rip off from Avatar. Lame Disney!

Yeah, I know right!

I saw it twice and I thought that it was THE best movie in the world. Then I found a picture on the internet that was a full plotline of Pocahontas but someone had went through it, scratched out all the proper ...
by Sir Prancelot
Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:59 am
Forum: Boards of Canada
Topic: Mental Pictures
Replies: 65
Views: 19065

Amo Bishop Roden - I don't know why, but I feel a tear almost trickle down my face and I'm full of fear when this song starts. I imagine a very dark room where an innocent man is being strapped down and beaten in the face with a hammer, and then the backside is taken and slowly pulled down his face ...
by Sir Prancelot
Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:29 am
Forum: Boards of Canada
Topic: Mental Pictures
Replies: 65
Views: 19065

Amo Bishop Roden - I don't know why, but I feel a tear almost trickle down my face and I'm full of fear when this song starts. I imagine a very dark room where an innocent man is being strapped down and beaten in the face with a hammer, and then the backside is taken and slowly pulled down his face ...
by Sir Prancelot
Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:37 am
Forum: Boards of Canada
Topic: Mental Pictures
Replies: 65
Views: 19065

Then, the climax comes, and in a change of gear completely flies down the street, and coming up is downward slope. He picks up the speed and still pedals down the 30 degree hill, the wind flying past his face and completely numbing his perception of reality. The world looks like it's in a tube ...
by Sir Prancelot
Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:09 am
Forum: Boards of Canada
Topic: Mental Pictures
Replies: 65
Views: 19065

Sir Prancelot Brainfire- A bunch of friends in a group that are in a bus. They are riding off into the distance back to their home after they had accomplished a very hard task. They feel like energy is sliding from their body, and all they can do is just smile and nod because they knew that they ...
by Sir Prancelot
Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:33 am
Forum: This Random Sound
Topic: (besides BOC) what albums are you waiting for?
Replies: 71
Views: 9187

Daft Punk
Radiohead
Justice
Gorillaz
My Chemical Romance

I can only be sure of two of these albums coming out this year, though. No offense to them, but I wish that I could hear some more of their audio-gasm. No, I don't wish that I could hear it, I NEED it and I CRAVE it, but for five years ...
by Sir Prancelot
Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:23 am
Forum: This Random Sound
Topic: are WAV files worth the extra money?
Replies: 10
Views: 2742

Re: are WAV files worth the extra money?

So, Im new to bleep.com and I want to buy a few albums, but is it really worth it to pay the few extra bucks to get an album in .wav format? rather than .mp3?

I would generally agree with the disavowed , but I prefer to listen to lossless audio all the time. As far as BoC goes, it sounds a lot ...
by Sir Prancelot
Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:10 am
Forum: Boards of Canada
Topic: A fan video of "Skyliner"
Replies: 13
Views: 2261

Thanks!
by Sir Prancelot
Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:02 am
Forum: Boards of Canada
Topic: Your Boards of Canada Collection
Replies: 821
Views: 890145

I Have everything except for the early rare releases, except for Boc Maxima in a High-Quality FLAC format on my computer.

The only physical release that I have is Music Has The Right To Children CD.

As far as music goes, I don't believe that music should have to be paid for. I feel that it ...