Search found 271 matches
- Wed Jun 24, 2026 8:30 pm
- Forum: Boards of Canada
- Topic: 05. Father And Son
- Replies: 216
- Views: 22757
Re: 05. Father And Son
I'll just say I really, really do not like violence and oppression, mistreatment of women etc. I'm a big fan of freedom and equal rights for women, and yeah I'm pretty sure BoC agree. Plenty more exremely ugly horrible things I could add to that list but I'm just trying not to get banned for ...
- Wed Jun 24, 2026 8:21 pm
- Forum: Boards of Canada
- Topic: 05. Father And Son
- Replies: 216
- Views: 22757
Re: 05. Father And Son
I think I was probably a little off, projecting perhaps!
But I do seriously doubt that BoC like Islam very much. Lmao.
What makes you say that? Genuinely curious. I guess you've admitted you're projecting, at least, but it doesn't seem wise to make those kinds of assumptions about people you don ...
But I do seriously doubt that BoC like Islam very much. Lmao.
What makes you say that? Genuinely curious. I guess you've admitted you're projecting, at least, but it doesn't seem wise to make those kinds of assumptions about people you don ...
- Thu Jun 18, 2026 9:24 am
- Forum: Boards of Canada
- Topic: 05. Father And Son
- Replies: 216
- Views: 22757
Re: 05. Father And Son
I think I was probably a little off, projecting perhaps!
But I do seriously doubt that BoC like Islam very much. Lmao
Whatever though, my bad for getting political.
This song is crazy to me, it feels like some mix of vibes and style from Geogaddi and MHTRTC, as well as some completely fresh sound ...
But I do seriously doubt that BoC like Islam very much. Lmao
Whatever though, my bad for getting political.
This song is crazy to me, it feels like some mix of vibes and style from Geogaddi and MHTRTC, as well as some completely fresh sound ...
- Thu Jun 11, 2026 1:32 am
- Forum: Boards of Canada
- Topic: 05. Father And Son
- Replies: 216
- Views: 22757
Re: 05. Father And Son
The other voices clearly sound more human and less manipulated.
Sure, they sound fucked up too, but there is a big difference.
Sure, they sound fucked up too, but there is a big difference.
- Thu Jun 11, 2026 1:16 am
- Forum: Boards of Canada
- Topic: 05. Father And Son
- Replies: 216
- Views: 22757
Re: 05. Father And Son
Hilarious they chose to make Muslims sound completely fucked in contrast to the other voices lmfao
Beautiful
I'm not getting that from it at all. That means "God is great." I'm sure some Muslims might find it offensive, but I don't think it's a direct dig, not anymore than the other references ...
Beautiful
I'm not getting that from it at all. That means "God is great." I'm sure some Muslims might find it offensive, but I don't think it's a direct dig, not anymore than the other references ...
- Wed Jun 10, 2026 9:57 pm
- Forum: Boards of Canada
- Topic: 05. Father And Son
- Replies: 216
- Views: 22757
Re: 05. Father And Son
Hilarious they chose to make Muslims sound completely fucked in contrast to the other voices lmfao
Beautiful
Beautiful
- Tue Jun 09, 2026 9:55 pm
- Forum: Boards of Canada
- Topic: 15. Arena Americanada
- Replies: 69
- Views: 10459
Re: 15. Arena Americanada
As an angry and disgusted Canadian that loves America, and actual freedom -
Beyond pleased, this song is insane.
Definitely some standout synth riffage on this track!
Uber classic, instant classic.
Beyond pleased, this song is insane.
Definitely some standout synth riffage on this track!
Uber classic, instant classic.
- Tue Jun 02, 2026 6:14 pm
- Forum: Boards of Canada
- Topic: 177 Giraud's Mirror (Hexagonic Flexi-Disc)
- Replies: 117
- Views: 14532
Re: 177 Giraud's Mirror (Hexagonic Flexi-Disc)
Calling Christianity barbaric is hilarious.
Christianity is probably the sole reason why we have any freedom or peace anywhere on earth.
The Bible, churches, perversions and corruption of power are what caused atrocities throughout history. Not the fucking teachings of Christ.
It's not that ...
Christianity is probably the sole reason why we have any freedom or peace anywhere on earth.
The Bible, churches, perversions and corruption of power are what caused atrocities throughout history. Not the fucking teachings of Christ.
It's not that ...
- Mon Jun 01, 2026 3:20 am
- Forum: Boards of Canada
- Topic: Inferno Artsyle Discussion
- Replies: 133
- Views: 33634
Re: Inferno Artsyle Discussion
One of their best album covers in my opinion. To me it feels like the missing puzzle piece of their artworks in every way. The large font was unexpected, but it's suiting to the composition.
It's a little reminiscent of both Music Has the Right and Campfire Headphase, but a new take on the ...
It's a little reminiscent of both Music Has the Right and Campfire Headphase, but a new take on the ...
- Sun May 31, 2026 5:10 am
- Forum: Boards of Canada
- Topic: LP5 - Inferno
- Replies: 1286
- Views: 184030
Re: LP5 - Inferno
Anyone else feeling like it's possibly more likely than ever that they perform live again considering the prevalence of live instruments on this album? Also just the general vibe, I can just see it.
Still not really trying to say it's super likely, but at least compared to when Tomorrow's Harvest ...
Still not really trying to say it's super likely, but at least compared to when Tomorrow's Harvest ...
- Sun May 31, 2026 5:03 am
- Forum: Boards of Canada
- Topic: Listening Pack with keychain AND Red Vinyl for under £50
- Replies: 10
- Views: 1428
Re: Listening Pack with keychain AND Red Vinyl for under £50
You mean to tell me I punched someone at the PGH listening party so I could get a fan pack and I could've just ORDERED IT?!?!?!?!?!?!
Some weirdo tried to butt to the front of the line at the listening party I attended, minutes before the doors opened.
I didn't allow that to happen though, glad ...
Some weirdo tried to butt to the front of the line at the listening party I attended, minutes before the doors opened.
I didn't allow that to happen though, glad ...
- Sun May 31, 2026 4:14 am
- Forum: Boards of Canada
- Topic: Do we know how limited the red vinyl is?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 1095
Re: Do we know how limited the red vinyl is?
I wouldn't think 10,000. But somewhere in the 3,000-7,000 range, probably. Remember, there's only what? 200? 500 cassettes pressed? Those have been for sale all day. Physical sales of albums are in the toilet.
Thank you for mentioning the cassette release. Did these just pop up on the 29th? I ...
Thank you for mentioning the cassette release. Did these just pop up on the 29th? I ...
- Fri May 29, 2026 10:32 am
- Forum: Boards of Canada
- Topic: Is anyone else a bit depressed by the consumerism trinkets?
- Replies: 59
- Views: 4786
Re: Is anyone else a bit depressed by the consumerism trinke
You might as well have just made a topic titled "Bah Humbug"
Feel better soon.
Feel better soon.
- Wed May 06, 2026 9:48 pm
- Forum: Boards of Canada
- Topic: 01. / 02. Introit / Prophecy At 1420 MHz
- Replies: 641
- Views: 87596
Re: 01. / 02. Introit / Prophecy At 1420 MHz
Hahahah no but really, enjoy yourselves!!!!!
Don't mind me and my sage wisdom lmao
Don't mind me and my sage wisdom lmao
- Wed May 06, 2026 9:47 pm
- Forum: Boards of Canada
- Topic: 01. / 02. Introit / Prophecy At 1420 MHz
- Replies: 641
- Views: 87596
Re: 01. / 02. Introit / Prophecy At 1420 MHz
An album is an album is an album is an album, and I'll enjoy the videos after I experience the album how albums are supposed to be albumed.
Don't blame me when you're al-bummed!
Oh!!!!!!!
Don't blame me when you're al-bummed!
Oh!!!!!!!
- Wed May 06, 2026 9:27 pm
- Forum: Boards of Canada
- Topic: 01. / 02. Introit / Prophecy At 1420 MHz
- Replies: 641
- Views: 87596
Re: 01. / 02. Introit / Prophecy At 1420 MHz
I do not regret for a minute listening to Reach for the Dead 10,000 times before Tomorrows Harvest was released and I will not regret listening to Prophecy at 1420 MHz 10,000 times over the next three weeks. I don’t really get how listening to the single could ruin a whole album of new material ...
- Wed May 06, 2026 7:50 pm
- Forum: Boards of Canada
- Topic: 01. / 02. Introit / Prophecy At 1420 MHz
- Replies: 641
- Views: 87596
Re: 01. / 02. Introit / Prophecy At 1420 MHz
TFW you've waited almost 13 years, but 22 days is too much hahaha.
I think a lot of you will regret listening to the single, but to each their own.
Personally I just know that I DEFINITELY regretted listening to Reach For The Dead a bunch before Tomorrow's Harvest dropped, and I ain't repeating ...
I think a lot of you will regret listening to the single, but to each their own.
Personally I just know that I DEFINITELY regretted listening to Reach For The Dead a bunch before Tomorrow's Harvest dropped, and I ain't repeating ...
- Wed May 06, 2026 5:32 pm
- Forum: Boards of Canada
- Topic: 01. / 02. Introit / Prophecy At 1420 MHz
- Replies: 641
- Views: 87596
Re: 01. / 02. Introit / Prophecy At 1420 MHz
Anyone waiting til 5/29 and NOT going to listen/watch? I’m leaning that way…
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am definitely waiting until the 29th.
Those of you who claim you can't avoid it or control yourself or whatever. My advice to you is only allow yourself to listen once or twice ...
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am definitely waiting until the 29th.
Those of you who claim you can't avoid it or control yourself or whatever. My advice to you is only allow yourself to listen once or twice ...
- Wed Apr 29, 2026 6:52 pm
- Forum: Boards of Canada
- Topic: GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC PART II
- Replies: 4014
- Views: 2325561
Re: GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC PART II
Definitely waiting until the 29th. Hoping weather is nice that day!Davism wrote:For those that won't be going, are you going to listen to snippets of it on social media, or wait for the release on the 29th?
- Mon Apr 27, 2026 2:52 pm
- Forum: Boards of Canada
- Topic: LP5 - Inferno
- Replies: 1286
- Views: 184030
Re: LP5 - Inferno
Genuine question:
How much crack do you have to smoke to think BoC wants people to stop engaging with the world, and be reclusive and fearful??
How much crack do you have to smoke to think BoC wants people to stop engaging with the world, and be reclusive and fearful??