The amount of research into production they had to do for Inferno must have been staggering, and it's hard for me to imagine that they would have spent so much time updating their sound just to say "see yah."
What exactly do you mean by research into production? They've been doing that for ...
Search found 21 matches
- Sun Jun 07, 2026 2:30 am
- Forum: Boards of Canada
- Topic: GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC PART III
- Replies: 158
- Views: 20145
- Sat Jun 06, 2026 5:32 am
- Forum: Boards of Canada
- Topic: GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC PART III
- Replies: 158
- Views: 20145
Re: GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC PART III
I'm saying no fucking way Inferno is the last album. Maybe people just don't want to get their hopes up and are saying it's their last because of how good it is, but for me it's giving way more "WE'RE BACK!" energy. The amount of research into production they had to do for Inferno must have been ...
- Fri Jun 05, 2026 1:52 am
- Forum: Boards of Canada
- Topic: 14. All Reason Departs
- Replies: 60
- Views: 11511
Re: 14. All Reason Departs
I wish there was a 20 minute version of this that kept altering slightly all the way to the end.
It's surprising that BoC doesn't have a song over 11 minutes since they are so good at locking into a jam and riffing on it in subtle and interesting ways. I guess it comes down to them not wanting to ...
It's surprising that BoC doesn't have a song over 11 minutes since they are so good at locking into a jam and riffing on it in subtle and interesting ways. I guess it comes down to them not wanting to ...
- Tue Jun 02, 2026 1:13 am
- Forum: Boards of Canada
- Topic: Sick Of Hare Krishna
- Replies: 14
- Views: 2006
Re: Sick Of Hare Krishna
It's definitely taking the piss since the next two tracks are Acts of Magic and Memory death, like the Hare Krishnas keep chanting to themselves as they're dragged to hell
- Tue Jun 02, 2026 1:09 am
- Forum: Boards of Canada
- Topic: "The World Becomes Flesh" in the end credits of Backrooms
- Replies: 17
- Views: 2475
Re: "The World Becomes Flesh" in the end credits of Backroom
I'll repost my theory from another thread: BoC's kids are huge Backrooms fans, and as soon as the brothers heard there was a movie being made, they reached out directly to Kane Pixels to get a song in and be the coolest dads ever 
- Mon Jun 01, 2026 2:36 am
- Forum: Boards of Canada
- Topic: Inferno - Written & Produced by Mike Sandison
- Replies: 58
- Views: 6871
Re: Inferno - Written & Produced by Mike Sandison
If I had to guess, Marcus has been busy with a day job. Mike may have stayed a full-time musician instead. If excluding Marcus altogether from writing credits even if he did contribute some minor writing means that Mike gets more money, there you go. The man needs it whereas Marcus has been paid a ...
- Mon Jun 01, 2026 2:19 am
- Forum: Boards of Canada
- Topic: 03. Hydrogen Helium Lithium Leviathan
- Replies: 84
- Views: 8754
Re: 03. Hydrogen Helium Lithium Leviathan
Perfect song for being the first one on the album we hadn't heard on first full listen. I had massive expectations for Inferno after Tape 05 and Prophecy, so in those seconds as Prophecy faded out I couldn't help but feel a bit of tension wondering if it would live up to the hype. First notes of ...
- Mon Jun 01, 2026 2:12 am
- Forum: Boards of Canada
- Topic: would you consider inferno a hell interface album ?
- Replies: 14
- Views: 1461
Re: would you consider inferno a hell interface album ?
How cool would it be if BoC's next release were a Hell Interface EP, or at least a song? If they dropped another Midas Touch, they'd be blowing up dancefloors worldwide
- Mon Jun 01, 2026 2:07 am
- Forum: Boards of Canada
- Topic: 10. The Word Becomes Flesh
- Replies: 60
- Views: 6947
Re: 10. The Word Becomes Flesh
Wonder what the story is about someone at A24 hearing the new BoC early enough that they could get it into Backrooms the day it and Inferno released. I wondered that same thing. I don’t think it was written specifically for the film as it just plays during the end credits. So in reality they could ...
- Sun May 31, 2026 10:29 pm
- Forum: Boards of Canada
- Topic: 10. The Word Becomes Flesh
- Replies: 60
- Views: 6947
Re: 10. The Word Becomes Flesh
Wonder what the story is about someone at A24 hearing the new BoC early enough that they could get it into Backrooms the day it and Inferno released.
- Sun May 31, 2026 10:25 pm
- Forum: Boards of Canada
- Topic: LP5 - Inferno
- Replies: 1286
- Views: 184061
Re: LP5 - Inferno
I think it's now safe to say that through a strange set of circumstances I got to hear this album all the way back in April.
To keep it general, I work for an events space in a coastal city. Warp have hired us in the past for album playbacks for Music Press in the past, so when they reached out to ...
To keep it general, I work for an events space in a coastal city. Warp have hired us in the past for album playbacks for Music Press in the past, so when they reached out to ...
- Sun May 31, 2026 9:35 pm
- Forum: Boards of Canada
- Topic: 14. All Reason Departs
- Replies: 60
- Views: 11511
Re: 14. All Reason Departs
1000% this is a deliberate homage to Autechre, especially given the track title "Somewhere Right Now in the Future" is a quote from Sean Booth talking about BoC. Really cool fusion of ae's styles as well, with a sort of elseq percussion and those slippery LP5/Chiastic melodies, all with a Boards of ...
- Sun May 31, 2026 5:46 am
- Forum: Boards of Canada
- Topic: What does BOC think about civilization?
- Replies: 48
- Views: 18028
Re: What does BOC think about civilization?
I read a bit of Julian Cope's autobiography and it was really good. I'd love to find a copy of The Modern Antiquarian book.
Side note: I just noticed that in the DE:BUG interview for Tomorrow's Harvest, Mike, when asked about "fans," instead uses the word "listener." A meaningful distinction ...
Side note: I just noticed that in the DE:BUG interview for Tomorrow's Harvest, Mike, when asked about "fans," instead uses the word "listener." A meaningful distinction ...
- Sun May 31, 2026 5:22 am
- Forum: Boards of Canada
- Topic: LP5 - Inferno
- Replies: 1286
- Views: 184061
Re: LP5 - Inferno
Anyone else feeling like it's possibly more likely than ever that they perform live again considering the prevalence of live instruments on this album? Also just the general vibe, I can just see it.
Still not really trying to say it's super likely, but at least compared to when Tomorrow's Harvest ...
Still not really trying to say it's super likely, but at least compared to when Tomorrow's Harvest ...
- Sun May 31, 2026 5:08 am
- Forum: Boards of Canada
- Topic: LP5 - Inferno
- Replies: 1286
- Views: 184061
Re: LP5 - Inferno
I was NOT prepared for it to be my instant favorite BOC album
Same, this is incredibly good. I'll have to wait a bit longer to say for sure whether or not it's my favorite BoC album but I never expected that I'd actually be considering that.
Same x2. MHTRTC and Geogaddi are so embedded in my ...
- Sun May 31, 2026 5:04 am
- Forum: Boards of Canada
- Topic: 15. Arena Americanada
- Replies: 69
- Views: 10463
Re: 15. Arena Americanada
Title makes me feel like it's the promo music for a broadcast of an 80s US-Canadian fighting league. "Welcome back to ARENA AMERICANADA, the only fighting league where STEROIDS ARE LEGAL."
- Sun May 31, 2026 4:55 am
- Forum: Boards of Canada
- Topic: 06. Somewhere Right Now In The Future
- Replies: 43
- Views: 6254
Re: 06. Somewhere Right Now In The Future
Cocteau Twins influence on full display here. Sounds like a lost tape of Victorialand on a dying tape player.
- Sun May 31, 2026 4:53 am
- Forum: Boards of Canada
- Topic: 13. Deep Time
- Replies: 28
- Views: 3214
Re: 13. Deep Time
Just imagine if this was never previewed as tape 05 and we were all hearing it for the first time in the context of this album. We’d all be losing our shit over it. I know it was provocative when it was tape 05 but man, thinking of this coming up unexpectedly after labrynth would’ve blown some ...
- Sun May 31, 2026 4:31 am
- Forum: Boards of Canada
- Topic: 07. Naraka
- Replies: 69
- Views: 6790
Re: 07. Naraka
I love the track as a piece of music, it's gorgeous and I agree that musically the sample is extremely well used.
That being said, it felt really strange to hear it the first time because the very phrase "Hare Krishna" is deeply associated (in the western world) with the ISKCON cult (better known ...
That being said, it felt really strange to hear it the first time because the very phrase "Hare Krishna" is deeply associated (in the western world) with the ISKCON cult (better known ...
- Sun May 31, 2026 4:20 am
- Forum: Boards of Canada
- Topic: 07. Naraka
- Replies: 69
- Views: 6790
Re: 07. Naraka
Listening to it the first time, when the main synth line came in I went OOOOOO even though I was alone in my apartment. I had already been blown away by every single song before it, so what do you even call the feeling beyond that? Pure sublime, I guess. It's like I was hearing Boards for the first ...