audiotrack wrote:Novayshun.. i wish you would fuck off with those avatars etc.. everytime they just overload my twoism browsing experience.. sorry but. hey..!?
anyhow. specluations aside. BoC rule!
avatar hate-crime!
its not so much the avatar. just that massive BANNER that broadcast itselt each time you tuned in.
oscillik wrote: So what will happen to BoC when Warp sinks? because it will happen, and i would be bold enough to say that there won't be any Warp30 celebrations.
i personally see two choices:
1. Boards of Canada do the whole "Nine Inch Nails" style self-distribution through the internet thing
or
2. Quit releasing music publicly altogether
What will happen to BoC when Warp sinks?
Nothing! I mean.. Warp is Warp.. Boards is Boards..Boards is two broskis just like you and I.. I'm sure they make music in some way whether it be strumming on a guitar or whatever.. As long as I can still listen to their previous works I'm fine with whatever happens.. I am very curious to see what they are up to musically as everyone else here is, although it is completely up to them who they show it to and I respect that entirely.
But man.. a new boards album would be the perfect for the times I must say.
Wow this thread became douchey. It could've have been a nice thread predicting what the future of BoC and warp might be but instead turns into a pointless argument. Well done everyone!
The Friendly Stranger wrote:Wow this thread became douchey. It could've have been a nice thread predicting what the future of BoC and warp might be but instead turns into a pointless argument. Well done everyone!
Just because some points are negative doesnt mean the thread is pointless..
The Friendly Stranger wrote:Wow this thread became douchey. It could've have been a nice thread predicting what the future of BoC and warp might be but instead turns into a pointless argument. Well done everyone!
Just because some points are negative doesnt mean the thread is pointless..
There were some posts moaning about the topic but I take it back, it was uncalled for.
Anyway, Mike and Marcus have talked about doing solo work before I think in an interview so that may be their future. Certainly I can see them producing but not for any huge names, that wouldn't be their style.
As for warp, I don't think they're in trouble but I definitely think they've made a few 'business' decisions that they wouldn't have made if it wasn't for the current state of the industry. i.e. the iTunes only Bibio EP which turned out to be a total con, the recent double CD releases ( one of which being the MHTRTC + Geogaddi release) and also the warp20 boxset itself which I believe would have been a far more limited release if the situation was that of 10 years ago.
Shadowshocker wrote:everyone quick go listen to tch, problem solved, no more arguin'! be patient, get outside, enjoy the fall weather! i'd rather them not notify us anyways, then we have 20 topics on fake titles, fake releases, fake tits, and twoism gets bee happy...
Nah, dude. I'm tired of that. Tired of being ignored. Tired of the people that come on here and tell us that BoC doesn't owe us, the fans, anything....
I dont think he's implying that you're wrong for wanting more Boards of Canada. Everybody does! He's just saying that there's not much we can do other than wait.
Patience, it's the Jedi way.
MOST THINGS GO OUT OF STYLE, ' C E P T
F R I E N D S
Twoism-ist wrote:I dont think he's implying that you're wrong for wanting more Boards of Canada. Everybody does! He's just saying that there's not much we can do other than wait.
Patience, it's the Jedi way.
yup. or, i mean, you could complain about them, which does little, or you could argue with them, which does crap-all. i recommend stoic resignation and plenty of distractions. or you could do like me and just lose a significant amount of interest in the band, then your immunity to such impatience rises dramatically.
"grand mistress of the grace note freedledeedee melodies" - Cupz, 2026
turquoise70 wrote:or you could do like me and just lose a significant amount of interest in the band, then your immunity to such impatience rises dramatically.
Pretty much there. Although I have been getting more urges to listen to their music, but not so much on the "lore" aspect of them.
MOST THINGS GO OUT OF STYLE, ' C E P T
F R I E N D S
yeh, lets not forget about the adverts. i think the bros are up to plenty of shit that we arent aware of.
and lets say warp did go under. maybe they could release stuff under music70. or go back to skam! warps fine though. your example of merck records going under... the two labels arent really comparable. there was some good stuff on merck, but not close to the legend that warp is. haha youre scaring people with your worries, oscillik!
...but i must admit, there was something in the tone of the warp20 box that felt a bit like a farewell.
I find the idea that Boards of Canada would not have the initiative or motivation to release any more music because their label folded quite odd. That's like never writing again because your favourite biro ran out.
23degreesdream wrote:I find the idea that Boards of Canada would not have the initiative or motivation to release any more music because their label folded quite odd. That's like never writing again because your favourite biro ran out.
note that i never said i think they'll stop making music - i just feel they would stop releasing it publicly