Christ. "Distance Lends Enchantment to the View"

Moderator: Aesthetics

User avatar
Joebot Kill
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1558
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:44 am
Location: Worcester, Massachusetts
Contact:

Christ. "Distance Lends Enchantment to the View"

Post by Joebot Kill »

Saw this on the "coming soon" portion of the Benbecula website.
http://www.benbecula.com/buy.shtml

Distance Lends Enhancement to the View... Epic title! Great news! I wonder if it's got a live drummer!?
With new Bibio and now new Christ. who needs new BoC, anyway!?
FUTURE FOREST DESIGN:
http://www.futureforestdesign.net

MOSS ARCHIVE MUSIC COLLECTIVE:
http://www.mossarchive.net
User avatar
bleak.
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 2076
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:08 pm
Location: Aberaeron
Contact:

Post by bleak. »

new chirst. and ochre?! looking forwards to this x 2!
User avatar
Retrodreaming
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1162
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:31 pm
Location: Norfolk

Post by Retrodreaming »

:shock: yes yes yes!!!!!
<center>de ['] ja [,] vu
nʌ ['] ɐɾ [,] ǝp
Image
User avatar
Fredd-E
Drone Operator
Posts: 4663
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:39 am
Contact:

Post by Fredd-E »

So, in conclusion, we will have a new album by Bibio, Ochre and Christ.

You do know what this implies, right? :)
User avatar
Treefingers
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1433
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:43 pm
Location: England

Post by Treefingers »

This is messing with my head, man.
User avatar
88marquis
Sherbet Head
Posts: 990
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:51 pm

Post by 88marquis »

This is going to be a fantastic year - don't forget the live christ. album coming this month =P
User avatar
Skytree
Sherbet Head
Posts: 934
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:52 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Post by Skytree »

Fine news indeed.
User avatar
tvsr
Posts Quantity
Posts: 150
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:20 am
Contact:

Post by tvsr »

Fredd-E wrote:So, in conclusion, we will have a new album by Bibio, Ochre and Christ.

You do know what this implies, right? :)



that's pretty crazy!
User avatar
Joebot Kill
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1558
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:44 am
Location: Worcester, Massachusetts
Contact:

Post by Joebot Kill »

Yay more info!

"Distance Lends Enchantment to the View"
Benbecula Records, 2009
(BEN051CD / BEN051D)
LP CD / Download
5021449510924

Release date: 21 September 2009

Track Listing
01 Dymaxian Oceanic World
02 Dirty Sun
03 Adam's Bridge
04 Event Horizon They Waited
05 Toynbee
06 Harbin Ice
07 Guides Tones
08 Alexandria Genesis
09 Odyssey 31
10 Animus

By the way, has anyone noticed that the album art is not actually entirely black!? I messed around with it, here's what i got!
Image
FUTURE FOREST DESIGN:
http://www.futureforestdesign.net

MOSS ARCHIVE MUSIC COLLECTIVE:
http://www.mossarchive.net
User avatar
Fredd-E
Drone Operator
Posts: 4663
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:39 am
Contact:

Post by Fredd-E »

Joebot Kill wrote:Yay more info!

More old news, indeed! :)

http://www.twoism.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=88411#88411
User avatar
IanRedpoint
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1414
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:34 pm
Location: London, England

Post by IanRedpoint »

Got a nice Benbecula email today. Vinyl limited to 500 copies. Only £8.99 (same as CD I think) so seemed rude not to pre-order.
User avatar
Joebot Kill
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1558
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:44 am
Location: Worcester, Massachusetts
Contact:

Post by Joebot Kill »

yup, got mine!!!

haha how am i gonna afford this warp20 box when i keep buying stuff like this. i want the new bibio too. those should wait. july 5th is swiftly approaching...

but yeah, limited 2xlp is just so sweet. i wish they'd do that with the new ochre...
FUTURE FOREST DESIGN:
http://www.futureforestdesign.net

MOSS ARCHIVE MUSIC COLLECTIVE:
http://www.mossarchive.net
User avatar
Skytree
Sherbet Head
Posts: 934
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:52 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Post by Skytree »

Nice references to Buckminster Fuller and Toynbee tiles in the track titles.

"Event Horizon They Waited" sounds familiar...excerpt from a sci-fi short story?
User avatar
saob
Posts Quantity
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:34 am

Post by saob »

IanRedpoint wrote:Got a nice Benbecula email today. Vinyl limited to 500 copies. Only £8.99 (same as CD I think) so seemed rude not to pre-order.


Ah crap, they are really luring me into collecting vinyl. I already spend too much on CDs than my economy allows, but I'm attracted to limited stuff so I don't know how much longer i can resist... argh!
User avatar
IanRedpoint
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1414
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:34 pm
Location: London, England

Post by IanRedpoint »

Joebot Kill wrote:but yeah, limited 2xlp is just so sweet. i wish they'd do that with the new ochre...

I know. I'm finding it hard to get excited over the new Ochre, what with half of it already on Death of an Aura, and also only on CD. I'm sure I'll get it eventually though.
User avatar
saob
Posts Quantity
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:34 am

Post by saob »

Here's the extras that came with my pre-order of the CD.

4 prints on thick paper.

Image
User avatar
Joebot Kill
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1558
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:44 am
Location: Worcester, Massachusetts
Contact:

Post by Joebot Kill »

those prints are really nice! I pre-ordered the vinyl and they sent me the fucking CD, minus any bonuses. Can you believe it? but I sent them an email and they're sending me the LPs. But I'm still glad I got chance to listen to it. What a great album! Every song is incredible! I'm really liking Tonybee and Harbin Ice right now.
FUTURE FOREST DESIGN:
http://www.futureforestdesign.net

MOSS ARCHIVE MUSIC COLLECTIVE:
http://www.mossarchive.net
User avatar
Skytree
Sherbet Head
Posts: 934
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:52 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Post by Skytree »

Skytree wrote:"Event Horizon They Waited" sounds familiar...excerpt from a sci-fi short story?


Ah, here we go: http://www.sixwordstories.net/?s=event+horizon

Inside the event horizon they waited. - James Penn


Still haven't received the album, but really look forward to it. Anyone in the States have theirs?
User avatar
Joebot Kill
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1558
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:44 am
Location: Worcester, Massachusetts
Contact:

Post by Joebot Kill »

i got mine yesterday
FUTURE FOREST DESIGN:
http://www.futureforestdesign.net

MOSS ARCHIVE MUSIC COLLECTIVE:
http://www.mossarchive.net
User avatar
88marquis
Sherbet Head
Posts: 990
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:51 pm

Post by 88marquis »

Ordered a few days ago - the live album took about three weeks to arrive.. I can't wait for this though really.. blue shift will have to do for now!
Post a reply