Frezh out of the oven...made live on hobnox then mastered through ableton. I know it's rough in some areas, but some helpful comments or suggestions would be extremely appreciated. I've pretty much just started making music but I've been meaning to for awhile, just havent been able to afford the equipment I need. I hope that I will eventually make ear-worthy tunes for my friends, family, and peoples from the intranets
I posted one of the final tracks from my project on my myspace; it's messy, blurry, droney, and essentially has three parts. Elements include reversed guitar, a broken concertina, a recorded skype conversation and lots of mess.
Currently getting the new Boreal Network record up on Retronym. Also just installed Reaper, a free to use multitrack DAW. It seems brilliant to be honest, very impressed!
I recorded a few seconds of 'silence' amped it up +/-40db And used that as a soundsource for all the instruments in this track http://users.telenet.be/raik/silence.mp3
BrandNewRetro wrote:Currently getting the new Boreal Network record up on Retronym. Also just installed Reaper, a free to use multitrack DAW. It seems brilliant to be honest, very impressed!
PadraïK wrote:I recorded a few seconds of 'silence' amped it up +/-40db And used that as a soundsource for all the instruments in this track http://users.telenet.be/raik/silence.mp3
really interesting effect there.. spooky!
...Thinking of new musical directions. Thanks to this forum, I've become obsessed with Stars of the Lid and William Basinski. I made this short clip tonight from a few seconds of old recorded band footage - from a band I jammed in from 2007-2008. I just wanted to experiment with loops, and dirty footage combining live instruments. It's just a seed of an idea I hope to grow.
Mommy.mp3 - 4.80MB Not finished! Very Geogaddi-ish. Put a whole bunch of hidden stuff in it. If someone can identify all of the messages, they get a FREE piece of candy!!!!! Wow, I'm a spaz.
Synthestesia wrote:Mommy.mp3 - 4.80MB Not finished! Very Geogaddi-ish. Put a whole bunch of hidden stuff in it. If someone can identify all of the messages, they get a FREE piece of candy!!!!! Wow, I'm a spaz.
now that was pretty dense and menacing
if you are reading this you are spending too much time at your computer. go outside and get some fresh air.
Synthestesia wrote:Mommy.mp3 - 4.80MB Not finished! Very Geogaddi-ish. Put a whole bunch of hidden stuff in it. If someone can identify all of the messages, they get a FREE piece of candy!!!!! Wow, I'm a spaz.
PadraïK wrote:I recorded a few seconds of 'silence' amped it up +/-40db And used that as a soundsource for all the instruments in this track http://users.telenet.be/raik/silence.mp3
really interesting effect there.. spooky!
...Thinking of new musical directions. Thanks to this forum, I've become obsessed with Stars of the Lid and William Basinski. I made this short clip tonight from a few seconds of old recorded band footage - from a band I jammed in from 2007-2008. I just wanted to experiment with loops, and dirty footage combining live instruments. It's just a seed of an idea I hope to grow.
That was gorgeous. I love that little underlying mechanical sound.
Something I made tonight. Although I'm having trouble finding a direction to take it in so any help or comments would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
http://www.zshare.net/audio/70425973416ab51e/
Broken_Drum wrote: Something I made tonight. Although I'm having trouble finding a direction to take it in so any help or comments would be greatly appreciated, thank you. http://www.zshare.net/audio/70425973416ab51e/
thanks! yours is very soundtrack-y in my mind. foreboding. I like how it builds, and the distortion.