Your favourite TV theme tunes?
Moderator: Aesthetics
- Tony Montana
- Posts Quantity
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:55 pm
Your favourite TV theme tunes?
Post your favourites here
Twin Peaks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oDuGN6K3VQ
Knight Rider
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo8Qls0HnWo
Family Ties:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iliLnQmaEOA
And for some cheesiness, The Loveboat:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmUlKPthrag
Twin Peaks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oDuGN6K3VQ
Knight Rider
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo8Qls0HnWo
Family Ties:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iliLnQmaEOA
And for some cheesiness, The Loveboat:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmUlKPthrag
Pft.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY5zQXYYMaw "rub it out and start again" is my mantra
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxjqMZd- ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXsjzcC4 ... re=related piano (at the three-second mark) at the beginning always reminds me of roygbiv.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nqN_7eGItM
http://80scartoonscontent.co.uk/sounds/moomins.mp3 (and hell, specifically this version with the children's voices over the top, which are an artefact of the recording and not in the original) - snufkin should appreciate this one!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0XDyiw4szU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zedq1VhaS90
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu0o6u1VmGE
None of these should be experience without the constraints of a RF television signal and VHS distortion. Fuck every post-1994 year in the face.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY5zQXYYMaw "rub it out and start again" is my mantra
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxjqMZd- ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXsjzcC4 ... re=related piano (at the three-second mark) at the beginning always reminds me of roygbiv.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nqN_7eGItM
http://80scartoonscontent.co.uk/sounds/moomins.mp3 (and hell, specifically this version with the children's voices over the top, which are an artefact of the recording and not in the original) - snufkin should appreciate this one!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0XDyiw4szU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zedq1VhaS90
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu0o6u1VmGE
None of these should be experience without the constraints of a RF television signal and VHS distortion. Fuck every post-1994 year in the face.
- Tony Montana
- Posts Quantity
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:55 pm
- turquoise70
- Happy Cycler
- Posts: 4901
- Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:30 am
- Location: the system
- Contact:
- Xurbatronic
- Posts Quantity
- Posts: 149
- Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:19 pm
- Location: Dorset
- Contact:
- triststephens
- Posts Quantity
- Posts: 127
- Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:03 pm
- Location: Birmingham, UK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xez4o1ujOPI
tomorrow people
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLpcr7KTi9I
children of the stones
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNCtLKs_23Y
Noah's castle
that explains alot!
tomorrow people
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLpcr7KTi9I
children of the stones
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNCtLKs_23Y
Noah's castle
that explains alot!
Don't ask; relax
- harpoon dodger
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 2342
- Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:20 pm
- Location: Ontario, Canada
- Contact:
Twin Peaks for sure!! Angelo Badalamenti is an amazing composer.
However, my all-time favorite TV theme has got to be...Tales from the Darkside.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtidefXK478&feature=related
Best horror show that was ever on TV. When I watch it, I'm amazed it was ever on primetime television considering how dark some of the episodes are. I was overjoyed when they finally released it on DVD in 2008.
However, my all-time favorite TV theme has got to be...Tales from the Darkside.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtidefXK478&feature=related
Best horror show that was ever on TV. When I watch it, I'm amazed it was ever on primetime television considering how dark some of the episodes are. I was overjoyed when they finally released it on DVD in 2008.
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5c9e6uAUF8
I know this may not fit with the theme, but Rescue 911 was the best show when I was a kid. No other show has traumatized me as much as this one did, and sadly it was my favorite show back when I was 5 or 6.
I know this may not fit with the theme, but Rescue 911 was the best show when I was a kid. No other show has traumatized me as much as this one did, and sadly it was my favorite show back when I was 5 or 6.
- s7409651
- Sherbet Head
- Posts: 893
- Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:43 pm
- Location: Cape Town, South Africa
- Contact:
I had totally forgotten about this and had such a trip watching it.
It's insane. Totally psychadelic. I think this cartoon explains why I am like I am today.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDet-uf7fFk
QUAQ QUAO!
It's insane. Totally psychadelic. I think this cartoon explains why I am like I am today.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDet-uf7fFk
QUAQ QUAO!
-
powershoes
- Posts Quantity
- Posts: 149
- Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:48 am
- Location: elephant island
- Xurbatronic
- Posts Quantity
- Posts: 149
- Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:19 pm
- Location: Dorset
- Contact:
triststephens wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xez4o1ujOPI
tomorrow people
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLpcr7KTi9I
children of the stones
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNCtLKs_23Y
Noah's castle
that explains alot!
Thanks for this post - I knew about the Tomorrow People, but not the excellent Children of the Stones. I'm just watching episode two now, wonderful stuff, from that great British televisual tradition of scaring the living daylights out of kids!
I remember finding a lot of the BBC / ITV kids' TV productions quite spooky as a child, and they were. Fantastic soundtrack too. Also, the concept of the Children of the Stones is reminiscent of The Stone Tape series.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stone_Tape
- Tony Montana
- Posts Quantity
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:55 pm
triststephens wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xez4o1ujOPI
tomorrow people
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLpcr7KTi9I
children of the stones
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNCtLKs_23Y
Noah's castle
that explains alot!
Brilliant! Children of the Stones is so creepy. They don't make TV shows like that any more.
- Tony Montana
- Posts Quantity
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:55 pm
Speaking of being terrified as a kid, this show used to scare the hell out of me when I was younger:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js7T-VTL91k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js7T-VTL91k
- Tony Montana
- Posts Quantity
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:55 pm
Reading Rainbow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6j8EiWIVZs
Eureeka's Castle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpnZPM99 ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6j8EiWIVZs
Eureeka's Castle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpnZPM99 ... re=related
Scott
- mechanismj
- Nova Scotia Robot
- Posts: 5157
- Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:35 am
- Contact:


