The Beach At Redpoint
Moderators: Aesthetics, Drones, Hexagon Sun
The Beach At Redpoint
Somewhere I've never checked out on google... but just did and it looks quite cool. I'll try and take a drive up there sometime, looks like a good few hundred miles though. Anyone know the significance of this spot and why there's a song named after it?
http://i878.photobucket.com/albums/ab34 ... ure1-2.png
I've also put a wee map of where I live and where I think the Boys are from, can anyone clarify this? I've just circled an area where I've always imagined they were from. And Buckie is up there too.
http://i878.photobucket.com/albums/ab34 ... ture-2.jpg
http://i878.photobucket.com/albums/ab34 ... ure1-2.png
I've also put a wee map of where I live and where I think the Boys are from, can anyone clarify this? I've just circled an area where I've always imagined they were from. And Buckie is up there too.
http://i878.photobucket.com/albums/ab34 ... ture-2.jpg
- (parenthesis)
- Sherbet Head
- Posts: 679
- Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:56 pm
- Contact:
- when I'm yawning
- Boqurant
- Posts: 77
- Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 12:05 pm
- Location: Galicia
- A_Northern_Soul
- Happy Cycler
- Posts: 2768
- Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:13 am
- Location: Edinburgh
Techboy wrote:hahah from the very little ive heard of their voices i really doubt theyre from dundee. as i understand it theyre from a rural part of edinburgh? does it matter?
I wasunder the impression they're from Balerno, which is a quite well-to-do suburb of Edinburgh; just outside the city, backs onto the Pentland Hills (ie alleged home of Hex. Sun). As I've mentioned in another thread, the road which leads from Balerno up to the Pentlands there are place names referenced by BoC:
Red Moss - http://www.swt.org.uk/visit/reserves/RE ... %20Balerno
Marchbank - http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&um= ... CBkQnwIwAA
The photos in The Wire of them by the sand dunes will be from East Lothian (Longniddry/ Gullane/ North Berwick), where I believe their studio is now.
-
Nudibranch
- New Seed
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:21 pm
I'm from up near buckie and have been told on a number of occasions from local folk that boc went to school up there. this was before the old tunes tapes came out and any connection with buckie high. i'm sure they said that they were brothers too. i remember an old biog mentioned beaches of north east scotland. i'd always imagined that it was the beaches on the moray coast, however that's really part of my own experiences and nostalgas. sandend, cullen, covesea, primrose bay, hopeman and findhorn are all excellent beaches if you ever find yourself up that way.
- nsputnik
- Posts Quantity
- Posts: 167
- Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:15 pm
- Location: Long Beach, Ca, USA
- Contact:
I was looking at Redpoint on Google maps and notice there were some nice geotaged Panoramio and Flickr albums. http://www.panoramio.com/photo/33189114
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/3751688
http://www.flickr.com/photos/david_bloo ... /28249603/
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/13516970
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/3751688
http://www.flickr.com/photos/david_bloo ... /28249603/
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/13516970
N.Sputnik
http://soundcloud.com/nsputnik
download: http://music.nsputnik.com/mp3/N.Sputnik-3tracks.zip
http://soundcloud.com/nsputnik
download: http://music.nsputnik.com/mp3/N.Sputnik-3tracks.zip
- HalcyonDaze
- Friendly Stranger
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:36 pm
- Location: scotland
I'm up for doing this trip myself this summer. Admittedly its a 6 hour drive and 300 miles from where i live in south west scotland but i think it could be worth it.
I noticed from looking at google street view that there is no direct road or path onto the beach so you would probably have to jump a fence and walk through a few fields to get there which i hope would be ok (its not private land is it?)
Has anyone else been up there before and if so what was it like? Would be interesting to hear someone else's experience.
I noticed from looking at google street view that there is no direct road or path onto the beach so you would probably have to jump a fence and walk through a few fields to get there which i hope would be ok (its not private land is it?)
Has anyone else been up there before and if so what was it like? Would be interesting to hear someone else's experience.
HalcyonDaze wrote:I'm up for doing this trip myself this summer. Admittedly its a 6 hour drive and 300 miles from where i live in south west scotland but i think it could be worth it.
I noticed from looking at google street view that there is no direct road or path onto the beach so you would probably have to jump a fence and walk through a few fields to get there which i hope would be ok (its not private land is it?)
Has anyone else been up there before and if so what was it like? Would be interesting to hear someone else's experience.
Where are you from in South West Scot? I'm from Stevenston in Ayrshire.
- HalcyonDaze
- Friendly Stranger
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:36 pm
- Location: scotland
- Trans East
- Friendly Stranger
- Posts: 48
- Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:34 pm
I did a homage of that song called 'The Forest at Hasloh', my favorite place to relax.
http://breastfeedthevoidofmyheart.tumbl ... enjoying-a
http://breastfeedthevoidofmyheart.tumbl ... enjoying-a
