Ah, ok. Well. I've never been able to find that album. Wasn't it a limited press? Also, I would hate to steal it from BoC via torrent (though I have used torrents in the past). How did you get it?
you gotta torrent it Joe. that's what the rest of us did. i don't own a physical copy of Boc Maxima and i don't think many people do. there is a good "remastered" version floating around if you can find it.
There were only 50 copies, right? I bet they had to work and save for a long time to have the funds for such a release... I can't imagine releasing even 20 copies of my work. Plus, I wonder how many sleepless nights they had kicking melodies around in their heads. I, for one, am not going to steal their work.
EDIT: i am not suggesting you steal their work. did you not download the Old Tunes sets? there are only two or three tracks on Boc Maxima that are exclusive to that release. the rest were put on MHTRTC. perhaps seek out those tracks. besides, Boc Maxima has been out of print for ages. how else you gonna get it?
Chill man, they made that money up through their official releases via Warp, i know its not cool to steal artists work, but at the end of the day its the only viable option when concerning BOC MAXIMA
fujee wrote:Chill man, they made that money up through their official releases via Warp, i know its not cool to steal artists work, but at the end of the day its the only viable option when concerning BOC MAXIMA
JosephG wrote:I, for one, am not going to steal their work.
There's no way to buy it. If there was, every single person on this board would buy a copy. All you're doing is letting yourself miss out on a lot of great tracks.
Well these are some interesting replies. I am very tempted to download the album, I just feel bad about it. Maybe I'll just use youtube to listen to the tracks.
JosephG wrote:Well these are some interesting replies. I am very tempted to download the album, I just feel bad about it. Maybe I'll just use youtube to listen to the tracks.
So it's the fact that you're downloading them so you can listen to the tracks whenever you want that puts you off?
What's the difference between streaming and downloading illegally? - Nothing, except that you're confined to a computer when streaming.
(and I doubt downloading Boc Maxima would even be considered illegal in the first place)
Well it's not the legality that concerns me, it's like I feel like I've cheated BoC somehow? But I think I've just worked myself into a loop:
I justify listening to songs on youtube in the hope they've been uploaded by an owner of the physical album. Which is highly unlikely.
So if I can condone searching the songs on youtube, then I also should accept that there's a possibility I can get the torrent from someone that owns the physical album. I guess this is one of those moments when you realize there's a lot left to learn.
In case you guys haven't noticed, I can be a bit of a moron sometimes. lol. Several apologies.
Nothing to apologise for. Nice to know some people still give a shit to be honest
But seriously, it's not a commercial release - same with the Old Tapes stuff. Up to you and I won't try and influence you one way or the other, but... well..... y'know? lol
Well this is quite a quandary! lol. Red Moss really has an awesome drum track. And I guess I have heard a couple of tracks from there. Hm. Well I really appreciate the positive feedback, and jeez I dunno what to do ahaha. Maybe let alcohol decide....