twoism.org on your mobile phone

Moderator: Aesthetics

User avatar
Aesthetics
Site Admin
Posts: 5449
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:59 am
Location: Lowlands
Contact:

twoism.org on your mobile phone

Post by Aesthetics »

I just uploaded a stripped down template for mobile devices.
For iPhone go here.

Some examples:
<center>Image

Image

Image

Image</center>
Last edited by Aesthetics on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is a Frequency
User avatar
dono
Sherbet Head
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:38 pm
Location: East Coast
Contact:

Post by dono »

nice. the other one not working out for ya?

edit: never mind. my mind is not working well today.
Scott
User avatar
Fredd-E
Drone Operator
Posts: 4663
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:39 am
Contact:

Post by Fredd-E »

I'm still waiting for the one and only mobile forum browsing experience: http://www.tapatalk.com/

This addon runs on www.watmm.com and it's lovely. It blows the competition (like touchbb) out of the water.

Want phpbb3!
User avatar
dono
Sherbet Head
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:38 pm
Location: East Coast
Contact:

Post by dono »

I am with Frederik, but I didn't want to ask anyone to update the forums to v3.
Scott
User avatar
Aesthetics
Site Admin
Posts: 5449
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:59 am
Location: Lowlands
Contact:

Post by Aesthetics »

There are plans for phpBB3 but it's the layout is the stumbling block.
There is a draft design by saob but the guy dissapeared from the face of the earth. I'm still on the lookout and when I can't reach him soon there will be a competition for the layout.
Life is a Frequency
User avatar
AFX.NL
Sherbet Head
Posts: 542
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:28 pm

Post by AFX.NL »

How about one for android?
HoodedFreak on Youtube
Interface on WATMM
User avatar
Fredd-E
Drone Operator
Posts: 4663
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:39 am
Contact:

Post by Fredd-E »

AFX.NL wrote:How about one for android?


-->
Fredd-E wrote:I'm still waiting for the one and only mobile forum browsing experience: http://www.tapatalk.com/

This addon runs on www.watmm.com and it's lovely. It blows the competition (like touchbb) out of the water.

Want phpbb3!
User avatar
Mexicola
Telepath
Posts: 8882
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 9:36 pm
Location: Dorset, UK

Post by Mexicola »

This ^^^ would be lovely for all us non-iPhone Luddites out here! :wink:
Image

Slow down...
EnsconcE
New Seed
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 8:27 pm

Post by EnsconcE »

Posting a reply from my android, seems to workgin fine :)
User avatar
Aesthetics
Site Admin
Posts: 5449
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:59 am
Location: Lowlands
Contact:

Post by Aesthetics »

AFX.NL wrote:How about one for android?
I just added android to the list.


For those who prefer the normal layout over the stripped down version should post here. If the majority calls for the normal version I will set it back to normal.
This also goes for iPhone users. It's now set to the normal layout, if there are a lot of iPhone users who prefer the stripped down version I'll set it back.
Life is a Frequency
User avatar
portiss
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 2186
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:36 am

Post by portiss »

I've got a question, I just bought myself a new Galaxy S last week, and I have installed Tapatalk. I can't find twoism on tapatalk, will it be eventually, or aren't you guys gonna add this forum to tapatalk?

And to be honest, I don't really like the stripped down version, I don't think I can see which topics are unread and stuff, and I would love to be able to have this forum fully working on my mobile phone!
Respect to the man in the ice cream van
User avatar
Aesthetics
Site Admin
Posts: 5449
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:59 am
Location: Lowlands
Contact:

Post by Aesthetics »

Tapatalk isn't compatible with phpBB2 but only with phpBB3 (twoism will switch to phpBB3 in 2011)

Keep in mind that this forum is pretty big for running on older mobile phones. That's the reason why there is this stripped down version.
Life is a Frequency
User avatar
portiss
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 2186
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:36 am

Post by portiss »

Aesthetics wrote:Tapatalk isn't compatible with phpBB2 but only with phpBB3 (twoism will switch to phpBB3 in 2011)

Keep in mind that this forum is pretty big for running on older mobile phones. That's the reason why there is this stripped down version.


Ah ok! Thanks for your reply :) I will wait gently till it is phpbb3 :)
Respect to the man in the ice cream van
User avatar
dp
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1127
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:59 am
Location: pen expers
Contact:

Post by dp »

hey Ae, how does one go about using this stripped down template? i just went to the site from my mobile and it still goes to the normal version.
Image
User avatar
portiss
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 2186
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:36 am

Post by portiss »

dp wrote:hey Ae, how does one go about using this stripped down template? i just went to the site from my mobile and it still goes to the normal version.


I automatically get the stripped down version!
Respect to the man in the ice cream van
User avatar
dp
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1127
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:59 am
Location: pen expers
Contact:

Post by dp »

portiss wrote:
dp wrote:hey Ae, how does one go about using this stripped down template? i just went to the site from my mobile and it still goes to the normal version.


I automatically get the stripped down version!


oh really? just by going to twoism.org? my browser tries (unsuccessfully) to load the full page.... hmm.... must be something with these damn strange japanese phones....
Image
User avatar
Aesthetics
Site Admin
Posts: 5449
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:59 am
Location: Lowlands
Contact:

Post by Aesthetics »

dp: Which OS does your phone have?
Life is a Frequency
User avatar
dp
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1127
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:59 am
Location: pen expers
Contact:

Post by dp »

Aesthetics wrote:dp: Which OS does your phone have?


all i know is that it's a FOMA phone....
Image
User avatar
Fredd-E
Drone Operator
Posts: 4663
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:39 am
Contact:

Post by Fredd-E »

I've recently installed Tapatalk on my iPad 2. It's a native universal application now. And it's great!

I use it to browse, dare I say, WATMM and it works wonders.

Looking forward to Twoism.org's transition to phpbb3.0 to be finally able to use Tapatalk to surf on my mobile devices.

Go go go!
User avatar
polar sky
Happy Cycler
Posts: 4346
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:20 pm
Location: US
Contact:

Post by polar sky »

I just use Safari on the iPhone, works great too, if you don't mind zooming in and out.
Post a reply