RIP Trish Keenan

Moderator: Aesthetics

User avatar
Treefingers
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1433
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:43 pm
Location: England

RIP Trish Keenan

Post by Treefingers »

http://warp.net/records/broadcast/a-statement#3

Ridiculously sad news that came completely from nowhere. :(

RIP Trish...
User avatar
Mr Sheep
Posts Quantity
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:01 pm
Location: London

Post by Mr Sheep »

Tragic news. Broadcast were an inspirational band and Trish was scintillating live.
Such a young creative spirit will be sorely missed.
User avatar
Xurbatronic
Posts Quantity
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:19 pm
Location: Dorset
Contact:

Post by Xurbatronic »

That is so sad. I was just listening to Broadcast's song 'I'm Just A Person In This Roomy Verse' and thought I'd check Twoism for any new threads, then I saw this thread. I'm not really a superstitions person, but I feel like someone just walked over my grave, to be honest! Her passing is a great loss to music.
Cheers,
Will

Xurbatronics
www.xurba.co.uk
www.xurbatronics.co.uk
User avatar
A_Northern_Soul
Happy Cycler
Posts: 2768
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:13 am
Location: Edinburgh

Post by A_Northern_Soul »

Logged on just to post this news. A sad loss.
User avatar
Green Pylon
Eagle Minded
Posts: 300
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:01 pm
Location: spain
Contact:

Post by Green Pylon »

A_Northern_Soul wrote:Logged on just to post this news. A sad loss.


+1
still feel like tears
RIP
Telephasic Workshop
User avatar
Joebot Kill
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1558
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:44 am
Location: Worcester, Massachusetts
Contact:

Post by Joebot Kill »

so sad.
FUTURE FOREST DESIGN:
http://www.futureforestdesign.net

MOSS ARCHIVE MUSIC COLLECTIVE:
http://www.mossarchive.net
User avatar
hexagon son
Happy Cycler
Posts: 3254
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:17 pm
Location: Calgary, Alberta

Post by hexagon son »

this is really a tragic loss to the music community as a whole. i will miss her beautiful voice.
"It's been a long time..."
User avatar
Aesthetics
Site Admin
Posts: 5449
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:59 am
Location: Lowlands
Contact:

Post by Aesthetics »

Very sad news.
Yesterday I read on Pitchfork about her being hospitalized but I surely wasn't expecting this.

I'd best quote Warp for this:
Warp Records wrote:This is an untimely tragic loss and we will miss Trish dearly - a unique voice, an extraordinary talent and a beautiful human being. Rest in Peace.


Rest in peace Trish, I'll certainly miss your voice.
Life is a Frequency
User avatar
asymmetrical head
Eagle Minded
Posts: 410
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:20 am
Location: San Diego, ca
Contact:

Post by asymmetrical head »

R.I.P.

Sad News Indeed.
User avatar
IanRedpoint
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1414
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:34 pm
Location: London, England

Post by IanRedpoint »

So it goes.

A terrible loss and so shockingly young.
User avatar
Twoism-ist
Sherbet Head
Posts: 746
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:28 pm
Location: From The See

Post by Twoism-ist »

this is fucking horrible

i wanted so badly to see her live

now i never will

my favorite female singer ever
User avatar
The Friendly Stranger
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1047
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:46 pm

Post by The Friendly Stranger »

Twoism-ist wrote:this is fucking horrible

i wanted so badly to see her live

now i never will

my favorite female singer ever


So upset by this. So unfair.
User avatar
bleak.
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 2076
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:08 pm
Location: Aberaeron
Contact:

Post by bleak. »

such sad news.
User avatar
nsputnik
Posts Quantity
Posts: 167
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:15 pm
Location: Long Beach, Ca, USA
Contact:

Post by nsputnik »

It is going to be a tough day for me today.
User avatar
Fredd-E
Drone Operator
Posts: 4663
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:39 am
Contact:

Post by Fredd-E »

sad... rip
User avatar
JosephG
Eagle Minded
Posts: 384
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:18 am

Post by JosephG »

Speechless.

A void.
User avatar
Treefingers
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1433
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:43 pm
Location: England

Post by Treefingers »

Listened to 'Haha Sound' and 'Tender Buttons' in tribute, until I started to feel a bit melancholy. Such a massive shock.
User avatar
Möbius
Boqurant
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:05 pm
Location: Southwest

Post by Möbius »

A friend of mine just shared the news with me a few hours ago.

I had pneumonia when I was a child — horrible experience.

A travesty to say the least. She will be on heavy rotation for the next few days in memoriam.
User avatar
Snufkin
Sherbet Head
Posts: 739
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:55 pm

Post by Snufkin »

RIP :(

Certainly untimely - a rare talent and a beautiful voice that's no doubt waiting to be discovered and cherished by many.

-Snuf
User avatar
The Other
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 2372
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:17 pm
Location: Things Betwixt

Post by The Other »

R.I.P Trish

gone but not forgotten
Post a reply