Classic Gaming/Consoles
Moderator: Aesthetics
I'm a big fan of Dreamcast, Amiga(ok not a console but a god like 16bit machine that spawned a ton of console ports from it), PC Engine and Snes, sadly most of which are sitting back in Glasgow just now.
Do have my dreamcast fortunately, been playing Last Hope, Under Defeat, Ikaruga and MDK2 a lot recently.
Has anyone seen the new Dreamcast shooter that's been announced "Sturmwind", looks like an incredible horizontal/vertical scrolling 2D shooter (kind of Salamander 2-esque) with some stunning bosses.
Official site:
http://sturmwind.duranik.com/
Do have my dreamcast fortunately, been playing Last Hope, Under Defeat, Ikaruga and MDK2 a lot recently.
Has anyone seen the new Dreamcast shooter that's been announced "Sturmwind", looks like an incredible horizontal/vertical scrolling 2D shooter (kind of Salamander 2-esque) with some stunning bosses.
Official site:
http://sturmwind.duranik.com/
- IanRedpoint
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1414
- Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:34 pm
- Location: London, England
- Waterbagel
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1953
- Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:50 am
- Location: gulf coast US
- Stry Craty Bya
- Eagle Minded
- Posts: 441
- Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:15 am
Waterbagel wrote:polar sky wrote:IanRedpoint wrote:Bloody hell. That Sturmwind looks incredible! What an amazing machine the Dreamcast was/is.
I know! I wish it had a longer life.
mine still works fine and i've had it since '01..?
weird
I think he means in terms of mainstream popularity/production of games available for it.
- Waterbagel
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1953
- Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:50 am
- Location: gulf coast US
Stry Craty Bya wrote:Waterbagel wrote:polar sky wrote:IanRedpoint wrote:Bloody hell. That Sturmwind looks incredible! What an amazing machine the Dreamcast was/is.
I know! I wish it had a longer life.
mine still works fine and i've had it since '01..?
weird
I think he means in terms of mainstream popularity/production of games available for it.
ahh, then YES, i definitely agree
i only have a handful of games, myself
the graphics were so unbelievably ahead of its time!
Waterbagel wrote:Stry Craty Bya wrote:Waterbagel wrote:polar sky wrote:IanRedpoint wrote:Bloody hell. That Sturmwind looks incredible! What an amazing machine the Dreamcast was/is.
I know! I wish it had a longer life.
mine still works fine and i've had it since '01..?
weird
I think he means in terms of mainstream popularity/production of games available for it.
ahh, then YES, i definitely agree
i only have a handful of games, myself
the graphics were so unbelievably ahead of its time!
Yeah that's what I meant. I went and bought a Dreamcast again a while ago and burned a shit load of roms/emulators for it from nes/snes/sega and of course mass dreamcast games.
- hexagon son
- Happy Cycler
- Posts: 3254
- Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:17 pm
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
Vexille wrote:Good luck.polar sky wrote:Anyone wanna sell me a copy of ZELDA A Link To The Past for SNES?
You could start checking at various goodwill stores. Friend of mine is collecting NES games from those places for dirt cheap. Lots of good finds.
Yeah they have one at our game store but it has shit all over it, like some kid wiped his ass with it. It's $20
