drixlin wrote:I know this won't win me any favors here or anything - but I've got a baby due in November and it would be pretty freaking cool if baby and new Boards of Canada came out in the same month....
BUT, if that doesn't happen - I'll settle for the same year, lol.
I can't wait to play BoC for my kid. My wife likes them too, which is always nice. Our kid is going to be the coolest ever.
just to let you know, "off tones" and "incorrect" keys are not nessaserely healthy for a young childs development for tone recognition. I would really stick to classical music until they are a toddler. the furthest i pushed things with my babby was saddic gladic by wagon christ.
hexagon son wrote:drixlin wrote: I know this won't win me any favors here or anything - but I've got a baby due in November and it would be pretty freaking cool if baby and new Boards of Canada came out in the same month....
BUT, if that doesn't happen - I'll settle for the same year, lol.
I can't wait to play BoC for my kid. My wife likes them too, which is always nice. Our kid is going to be the coolest ever.
just to let you know, "off tones" and "incorrect" keys are not nessaserely healthy for a young childs development for tone recognition. I would really stick to classical music until they are a toddler. the furthest i pushed things with my babby was saddic gladic by wagon christ.
Interested to find out more about this - will investigate before my own little one arrives in summer!
drixlin wrote:I know this won't win me any favors here or anything - but I've got a baby due in November and it would be pretty freaking cool if baby and new Boards of Canada came out in the same month....
BUT, if that doesn't happen - I'll settle for the same year, lol.
I can't wait to play BoC for my kid. My wife likes them too, which is always nice. Our kid is going to be the coolest ever.
just to let you know, "off tones" and "incorrect" keys are not nessaserely healthy for a young childs development for tone recognition. I would really stick to classical music until they are a toddler. the furthest i pushed things with my babby was saddic gladic by wagon christ.
my dad played a lot of throbbing gristle when i was a baby
if you are reading this you are spending too much time at your computer. go outside and get some fresh air.
drixlin wrote:I know this won't win me any favors here or anything - but I've got a baby due in November and it would be pretty freaking cool if baby and new Boards of Canada came out in the same month....
BUT, if that doesn't happen - I'll settle for the same year, lol.
I can't wait to play BoC for my kid. My wife likes them too, which is always nice. Our kid is going to be the coolest ever.
(nagnag:low volume and no headphones for kidsears might be very weak)
I have two kids and noticed impressing effect on their mood when playing plain reggae music when they where babies. I even sung marleymelodies for lullabies. Aphex twin I've only tested once with dramatic effects within minutes. BOC is calming to them but not really appealing
The oldest one turns seven now and besides a despited like for justin bieber he also is fond if his 3cd-pack with classical music for relaxation he asked for (satie, shubert, ...) . So there still is hope.
I was brought up with elvis, everly brothers, roy orbison, buddy holly, chuck berry, jerry lee lewis,...50's US rocknroll. Probably the reason why I've ran around in Ramones-t-shirts for years.
Just a random question I didn't want to start a new thread for but obviously everyone looks on here...
On the Geogaddi Promo mix, what's the track that comes in at 9mins 45secs? I don't recognise it from the album versions, perhaps one of the tracks backwards?
rolypablo wrote:Just a random question I didn't want to start a new thread for but obviously everyone looks on here...
On the Geogaddi Promo mix, what's the track that comes in at 9mins 45secs? I don't recognise it from the album versions, perhaps one of the tracks backwards?
i didn't realise that there was a promo mix floating around, then again i'm not suprised. could you upload a snippet somewhere perhaps?
rolypablo wrote:Just a random question I didn't want to start a new thread for but obviously everyone looks on here...
On the Geogaddi Promo mix, what's the track that comes in at 9mins 45secs? I don't recognise it from the album versions, perhaps one of the tracks backwards?
i didn't realise that there was a promo mix floating around, then again i'm not suprised. could you upload a snippet somewhere perhaps?
Ahh, just did a bit of research, I don't think it's official is it? Here it is...
rolypablo wrote:Just a random question I didn't want to start a new thread for but obviously everyone looks on here...
On the Geogaddi Promo mix, what's the track that comes in at 9mins 45secs? I don't recognise it from the album versions, perhaps one of the tracks backwards?
i didn't realise that there was a promo mix floating around, then again i'm not suprised. could you upload a snippet somewhere perhaps?
Ahh, just did a bit of research, I don't think it's official is it? Here it is...
the beginning is obviously meant to be played backwards.
if you listen to some songs backwards, you realize what the voices are saying when you were playing the album forewards.. for example, at the end of "a is to be as b is to c" you cant understand what the voices are saying.. then when you listen backwards, you hear a bunch of really creepy. i love you's
you should def. go on youtube and listen to some of their work backwards. its incredible how awesome their timing is.