twoism.org on your mobile phone

Moderator: Aesthetics

User avatar
dp
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1127
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:59 am
Location: pen expers
Contact:

Post by dp »

Has twoism updated to phpbb3.0 yet? I downloaded Tapatalk for my iPhone and I cannot seem to find it on there. TouchBB is kinda buggy and I wanted to try something new...
Image
User avatar
Aesthetics
Site Admin
Posts: 5449
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:59 am
Location: Lowlands
Contact:

Post by Aesthetics »

Don't you worry, the migration to phpBB3 will not pass by unnoticed!

In the meantime you have to deal with touchBB.
Life is a Frequency
User avatar
dp
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1127
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:59 am
Location: pen expers
Contact:

Post by dp »

thanks Ae. thought i'd missed something...
Image
User avatar
polar sky
Happy Cycler
Posts: 4346
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:20 pm
Location: US
Contact:

Post by polar sky »

I use Safari to view Twoism on my iPhone, it works great if you don't mind zooming in and out.

Image
User avatar
zeitgeist
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1416
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:51 pm
Location: where teh wild things are

Post by zeitgeist »

bump...

just out of curiosity, were there any developments regarding phpbb3 that passed me by? i don't mind the stripped down version of this forum on my android, but it lacks some features apparently, like being able to see unread threads first, etc...
User avatar
Aesthetics
Site Admin
Posts: 5449
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:59 am
Location: Lowlands
Contact:

Post by Aesthetics »

zeitgeist wrote:bump...

just out of curiosity, were there any developments regarding phpbb3 that passed me by? i don't mind the stripped down version of this forum on my android, but it lacks some features apparently, like being able to see unread threads first, etc...
Nope, there aren't much developements regarding phpBB3. I don't have any idea when phpBB3 will see the light of day so I rather choose to say nothing about it until there is something concrete.
Life is a Frequency
User avatar
Bryan
Eagle Minded
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:07 am
Location: Sunnyvale, CA

Post by Bryan »

Any news on getting Tapatalk integration? I appreciate the stripped down version but don't particularly enjoy using it.
User avatar
Fredd-E
Drone Operator
Posts: 4663
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:39 am
Contact:

Post by Fredd-E »

Bryan wrote:Any news on getting Tapatalk integration? I appreciate the stripped down version but don't particularly enjoy using it.
+1

I'd really want to use Tapatalk too.......
User avatar
Cryabetes
Sherbet Head
Posts: 541
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:16 pm
Location: yesod
Contact:

Post by Cryabetes »

I really don't like the plaintext version, to the point where I don't board on twoism from my phone (i've a droid3). I wish there were some way for the user to select whether they wanted the "mobile"/plaintext version or not.
Lens Larque wrote:For a while I was wondering what happened to the Depression thread and I was not sure if that was good or bad news.
User avatar
Bryan
Eagle Minded
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:07 am
Location: Sunnyvale, CA

Post by Bryan »

Cryabetes wrote:I really don't like the plaintext version, to the point where I don't board on twoism from my phone (i've a droid3). I wish there were some way for the user to select whether they wanted the "mobile"/plaintext version or not.


Exactly. It's even more frustrating when you enter the site directly into a thread, and then there's no way to navigate to the different forums.
User avatar
Fredd-E
Drone Operator
Posts: 4663
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:39 am
Contact:

Post by Fredd-E »

Even more Tapatalk goodness to integrate when we make the switch to phpbb3: Tapatalk Notifier. This Chrome extension in combination with the Tapatalk mobile apps will be awesome!
User avatar
zeitgeist
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1416
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:51 pm
Location: where teh wild things are

Post by zeitgeist »

robin, how much would PHPBB3 switch/maintenance cost? i'm curious
Post a reply