Moderator: Aesthetics
Seeya_Later
Sherbet Head
Posts: 830 Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:01 am
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by Seeya_Later » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:50 am
Rodheh wrote: Everything You Do is A Balloon has, for whatever reason, never stopped sounding "fresh" to me. That is not to say I haven't gotten a little tired of it, but "fresh" is the term I would use to describe the melodies of that song.
Yeah, there definitely are some old timeless tracks I would consider fresh.
This track is a few years old but it still sounds fresh to me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAQWpTIjusY
overflow
The Friendly Stranger
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1047 Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:46 pm
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by The Friendly Stranger » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:13 pm
Seeya_Later wrote: Rodheh wrote: Everything You Do is A Balloon has, for whatever reason, never stopped sounding "fresh" to me. That is not to say I haven't gotten a little tired of it, but "fresh" is the term I would use to describe the melodies of that song.
Yeah, there definitely are some old timeless tracks I would consider fresh.
This track is a few years old but it still sounds fresh to me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAQWpTIjusY
Poor Laika
The Friendly Stranger
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1047 Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:46 pm
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by The Friendly Stranger » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:25 pm
mechanismj wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVqESo4mFMs
Genius. I thought they'd lost the plot until the chorus kicked in and then it all made sense...
Seeya_Later
Sherbet Head
Posts: 830 Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:01 am
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by Seeya_Later » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:53 pm
Oh wow... good stuff people.
overflow
adelinyenmah
Posts Quantity
Posts: 157 Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:18 am
Location: United States
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by adelinyenmah » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:03 am
Cupz
High Scorer
Posts: 10670 Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:15 pm
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by Cupz » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:19 am
Throw away your smartphone
.
Seeya_Later
Sherbet Head
Posts: 830 Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:01 am
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by Seeya_Later » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:56 am
Siriusmo, never heard of them, thanks!
overflow
Fredd-E
Drone Operator
Posts: 4663 Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:39 am
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by Fredd-E » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:29 pm
Cupz
High Scorer
Posts: 10670 Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:15 pm
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by Cupz » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:44 am
I thought about posting that one. Killer track.
Throw away your smartphone
.
adelinyenmah
Posts Quantity
Posts: 157 Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:18 am
Location: United States
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by adelinyenmah » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:36 am
So. Fucking. Good. I could jam out to this all day.
Fredd-E
Drone Operator
Posts: 4663 Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:39 am
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by Fredd-E » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:27 pm
great sound design! love the tinkering in this one!
Evrox
Posts Quantity
Posts: 172 Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:00 am
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by Evrox » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:37 pm
I've got to thank you for that second link! Listened to some other stuff from them as well, amazingly good music!
Last edited by
Evrox on Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hexagon son
Happy Cycler
Posts: 3254 Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:17 pm
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by hexagon son » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:40 pm
is this thread irrelevant due to the "now playing" thread? Perhaps not, but i am struggling to find "fresh" sounds. i seem to be sticking with what i am comfortable with. Every artist under the genre's I like always come across fresh.
"It's been a long time..."
Lens Larque
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1177 Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:26 am
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by Lens Larque » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:27 pm
I'm left wondering what genres are left to be exploited by electronic disco dance music producers.