I knew my Dad was in the Navy a long time ago, but I Just found out that he was in Vietnam from 1968-1971 and killed many Vietnamese Soldiers dropping 500 Pound Bombs from planes and engaging in ground combat in Vietnam. He never told me anything about him being there till last night when I asked him (my Mom said he was over there. They're divorced). I guess it's painful for him to talk about? Never told me when I was younger. So that means my Grandfather was in WWII and fought against the Japanese and my Dad was in Vietnam fighting against the Vietnamese. I guess I should have been the 3rd Generation Soldier. I just was always scared of that stuff when I was little, maybe it skipped a generation.
polar sky wrote: I guess I should have been the 3rd Generation Soldier. I just was always scared of that stuff when I was little, maybe it skipped a generation.
not really anything wrong with not participating in all that, either..
although i guess i understand the sense of "lost your chance to fight the good fight"
polar sky wrote: I guess I should have been the 3rd Generation Soldier. I just was always scared of that stuff when I was little, maybe it skipped a generation.
not really anything wrong with not participating in all that, either.. although i guess i understand the sense of "lost your chance to fight the good fight"
Don't really think this is worthy of it's own entire thread, I just found this who knows maybe you've already discussed this. But this is a really weird Spanish interview with Aphex Twin, I guess? I was curious if he was ever going to release anything soon, and wikipedia gave me this:
For some reason the thought of RDJ being married is funny to me. He doesn't strike me as the type of person that would have a wife. Well, based on the little I know of him.
I've never listened to Sixtyniner before this evening. For some reason I always type that in the youtube searchbocs instead of Skyliner. It is a beautiful piece. Moving and appropriate.
JosephG wrote:I've never listened to Sixtyniner before this evening. For some reason I always type that in the youtube searchbocs instead of Skyliner. It is a beautiful piece. Moving and appropriate.
Haven't heard this either but I hear such amazing things about it. I still need to buy Hi-Scores and Twoism...
After 6 years of working at various retail outlets on Black Friday, with the last two years being at Target (which I'm sure you can imagine is a complete madhouse during the holidays even when it's not the day after Thanksgiving), I'm able to sit comfortably in my bed on Thanksgiving night and not have to worry about witnessing the rude, disgusting greed and lack of sense on this day or any day in retail & am able to enjoy the holidays and my life. I was offered a new job, ironically by a former co-worker, and was able to put in my two weeks notice to leave my job literally three days before today.
More money, sane hours, weekends off. Able to focus on creativity and realistically saving up to move to Los Angeles with some friends as roommates so I can pursue a career in audio.
I'm literally so happy I could cry. Currently going to get a well deserved celebratory drink with a close friend. Who wants to join?
After 6 years of working at various retail outlets on Black Friday, with the last two years being at Target (which I'm sure you can imagine is a complete madhouse during the holidays even when it's not the day after Thanksgiving), I'm able to sit comfortably in my bed on Thanksgiving night and not have to worry about witnessing the rude, disgusting greed and lack of sense on this day or any day in retail & am able to enjoy the holidays and my life. I was offered a new job, ironically by a former co-worker, and was able to put in my two weeks notice to leave my job literally three days before today.
More money, sane hours, weekends off. Able to focus on creativity and realistically saving up to move to Los Angeles with some friends as roommates so I can pursue a career in audio.
I'm literally so happy I could cry. Currently going to get a well deserved celebratory drink with a close friend. Who wants to join?
Congratulations! I've never been outside of the house on Black Friday, but I went into a Target just a little bit ago (a little after midnight) because I heard they had Pulp Fiction for $3.99...but the line stretched around half the store's perimeter.
As my mp3 player - and former recording tool - gave up the ghost; does anyone know a fairly good quality but cheap portable recorder? It's totally putting a damper on my mediocre art, man.