--The post what you are working on *right now* thread--
Moderator: Aesthetics
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9761645/nicky.mp3
I tried to "rebuild" (or whatever) the intro theme for Nicky Boom to get a hang of the sound/feel of some old-school software I'm rediscovering.
I tried to "rebuild" (or whatever) the intro theme for Nicky Boom to get a hang of the sound/feel of some old-school software I'm rediscovering.
Throw away your smartphone.
I posted this in the Release Speculation Thread, but I suppose it would be a good idea to post it here too
Boards of Canada - Duffy (remix)
Boards of Canada - Duffy (remix)
I'm trying to figure out how to use infrasound waves in a recording to .... iunno. Annoy my audience? Creep them out? Say I did? I have no idea what my actual goal is with this other than making my audience want to vomit everywhere.
Infrasound frequencies are subsonic frequencies, like in the neighborhood of 5 to 19 hz, that can do neat shit like resonate eyeballs, cause people to see things out of the corner of their eye, and can make people nauseous or give them the creepy this-place-is-haunted feeling.
I am wondering how best to include them in one of the alternate mixes of my band's new album. I looked at the specs on my recorder and it has this nice highpass filter at 20hz, which normally is helpful, but in this case is no good (it throws out my favored method of hiding things in my recordings, vocoding.)
Computer generated sinewaves?
or..... beat frequencies of sinewaves?
record the harmonics from what would be beat frequencies?
Infrasound frequencies are subsonic frequencies, like in the neighborhood of 5 to 19 hz, that can do neat shit like resonate eyeballs, cause people to see things out of the corner of their eye, and can make people nauseous or give them the creepy this-place-is-haunted feeling.
I am wondering how best to include them in one of the alternate mixes of my band's new album. I looked at the specs on my recorder and it has this nice highpass filter at 20hz, which normally is helpful, but in this case is no good (it throws out my favored method of hiding things in my recordings, vocoding.)
Computer generated sinewaves?
or..... beat frequencies of sinewaves?
record the harmonics from what would be beat frequencies?
Lens Larque wrote:For a while I was wondering what happened to the Depression thread and I was not sure if that was good or bad news.
So, I've got this beat I put together with absolutely no melody whatsoever, and I haven't made one for it yet and might not, so until that happens I'm using a stand-in.
Thus, Echus with percussion: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38909028/echus.wav
Thus, Echus with percussion: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38909028/echus.wav
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.
Rodheh wrote:So, I've got this beat I put together with absolutely no melody whatsoever, and I haven't made one for it yet and might not, so until that happens I'm using a stand-in.
Thus, Echus with percussion: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38909028/echus.wav
- Lens Larque
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1177
- Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:26 am
Cryabetes wrote:I'm trying to figure out how to use infrasound waves in a recording to .... iunno. Annoy my audience? Creep them out? Say I did? I have no idea what my actual goal is with this other than making my audience want to vomit everywhere.
Infrasound frequencies are subsonic frequencies, like in the neighborhood of 5 to 19 hz, that can do neat shit like resonate eyeballs, cause people to see things out of the corner of their eye, and can make people nauseous or give them the creepy this-place-is-haunted feeling.
I am wondering how best to include them in one of the alternate mixes of my band's new album. I looked at the specs on my recorder and it has this nice highpass filter at 20hz, which normally is helpful, but in this case is no good (it throws out my favored method of hiding things in my recordings, vocoding.)
Computer generated sinewaves?
or..... beat frequencies of sinewaves?
record the harmonics from what would be beat frequencies?
try it out on a cow first maybe
- The Telepathic Kid
- Happy Cycler
- Posts: 3051
- Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 12:26 pm
- Location: Australia
- Contact:
http://soundcloud.com/thetelepathickid/snakeskin-pie
don't you hate it when you look back on all the great tracks you put up on soundcloud...
and realise you could have made a great record with em. :\
don't you hate it when you look back on all the great tracks you put up on soundcloud...
and realise you could have made a great record with em. :\
- The Telepathic Kid
- Happy Cycler
- Posts: 3051
- Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 12:26 pm
- Location: Australia
- Contact:
The Telepathic Kid wrote:yeah but making a record with tracks you've already released is a little silly.
Yeah that's the only reason a lot of the stuff I have on soundcloud is stream only. If I think something is good enough for a release as an album or ep, I'll put it up for thoughts, but keep wotking on it with a release in mind.
- The Telepathic Kid
- Happy Cycler
- Posts: 3051
- Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 12:26 pm
- Location: Australia
- Contact:
This is what I did most recently.
A decidedly *not electronic* track.
A cover of Guided By Voices' I Am A Scientist.
http://soundcloud.com/theejamesmiles/i-am-a-scientist
A decidedly *not electronic* track.
A cover of Guided By Voices' I Am A Scientist.
http://soundcloud.com/theejamesmiles/i-am-a-scientist
bhn
- Lens Larque
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1177
- Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:26 am
GBV cover is awesome!
http://soundcloud.com/lens/synth-sketch
I threw a shitty graphic dynamics over it because thats whats so cool to do now
http://soundcloud.com/lens/synth-sketch
I threw a shitty graphic dynamics over it because thats whats so cool to do now
- Lens Larque
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1177
- Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:26 am