The Telepathic Kid wrote:I love the people here calling Pitchfork hipster garbage.
You know to some people WE'D be considered hipsters?
I've never thought of BOC or their fans as hipsters. I think to be a hipster you have to be like music from Brooklyn, for instance, the garbage that is animal collective.
Animal Collective is a great band, don't attack them because yr mad there's no new BOC album coming soon
Pitchfork is not a source to be trusted. The supposed comment from Warp only states what it does. At any rate, it means since new material is on the way, an album should be released soon and not in like 5 years.
I'm sick of these hipster douchebags who pretend they know things and then post them with such arrogant claim of legitimacy and then everybody on facebook gets disappointed.
They may be hipster douchebags, but they did get an official comment from Warp... It may not be what we want to hear, but it is the first peep we've heard from their label in ages.
Really, because them saying it makes it an official comment from Warp? And you're going to believe a site that is well known for troll behavior, without any sort of screenshots of the message, confirmation links posted on warp or otherwise, that they indeed received an official comment?
The whole "feelings from facts" thing is absurd. If I am to go off facts, I need some proof that what Pitchfork is saying is true, not some half-page thing stating a vague message of anti-hope without anything to back it up other than "we're Pitchfork".
If Warp really does actually send Pitchfork god damned Media information before anyone else has gotten it then this is a sad fucking day and my hopes that the label is comprised of reasonable people will be stirred.
The Telepathic Kid wrote:I love the people here calling Pitchfork hipster garbage.
You know to some people WE'D be considered hipsters?
I've never thought of BOC or their fans as hipsters. I think to be a hipster you have to be like music from Brooklyn, for instance, the garbage that is animal collective.
ok then tell me why Animal Collective is hipster.
Why do people still feel they need to insult people who have different fucking musical tastes to them. They are not you, you are you, and if you're happy with your musical taste then WHY DO YOU EVEN CARE.
I wasn't insulting anyone, other than animal collective and brooklyn. And I'm more joking than anything, so chill, bro. Let's all agree that pitchfork is horrible.
The Telepathic Kid wrote:I love the people here calling Pitchfork hipster garbage.
You know to some people WE'D be considered hipsters?
I've never thought of BOC or their fans as hipsters. I think to be a hipster you have to be like music from Brooklyn, for instance, the garbage that is animal collective.
ok then tell me why Animal Collective is hipster.
Why do people still feel they need to insult people who have different fucking musical tastes to them. They are not you, you are you, and if you're happy with your musical taste then WHY DO YOU EVEN CARE.
"They are not you, you are you" might be the best thing I've heard in a while.
Pitchfork is not a source to be trusted. The supposed comment from Warp only states what it does. At any rate, it means since new material is on the way, an album should be released soon and not in like 5 years.
I'm sick of these hipster douchebags who pretend they know things and then post them with such arrogant claim of legitimacy and then everybody on facebook gets disappointed.
How are they pretending? They got in touch with warp directly it seems.
my god look at that shirt. I'm not going to get into the arguement here, but I just wanted to add that I myself do not care much for pitchfork at all, because to me, they are very biased. they tend to favor bands that try to fit a stereotype, or trend, and this seems to detract from a review of the music itself, if that makes sense. it's all about the music to me.
Pitchfork is not a source to be trusted. The supposed comment from Warp only states what it does. At any rate, it means since new material is on the way, an album should be released soon and not in like 5 years.
I'm sick of these hipster douchebags who pretend they know things and then post them with such arrogant claim of legitimacy and then everybody on facebook gets disappointed.
How are they pretending? They got in touch with warp directly it seems.
Did some hipster steal your lunch money today?
Again, why so do you believe Pitchfork got in touch with Warp?
Why if Warp did have that statement to make did they make it to Pitchfork, instead of posting it on their own site as well? Why after lots of criticism regarding it have they not cleared up the issue?
I know Pitchfork is famous for bullshit. I know they're famous for trying to stir shit up. It looks like that's what's happening here and there's no reason for me to believe them regarding it.