Thoughts on iamamiwhoami [interesting find]

Moderator: Aesthetics

User avatar
2020k
Moderator
Posts: 2130
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:47 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Contact:

Post by 2020k »

hexagon son wrote:Yet another new video of her's upped onto youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQPXgjGutFw
I just typed up a 1,200+ review on the song. ouch my fingers hurt, click to read it - It's weird to think that there are only TWO MORE SONGS being released before the album is out.

Album has confirmed to be released digitally (duh), CD/DVD combo, Vinyl.
User avatar
hexagon son
Happy Cycler
Posts: 3254
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:17 pm
Location: Calgary, Alberta

Post by hexagon son »

Wow, you really dissected that song, very well done!
"It's been a long time..."
User avatar
hexagon son
Happy Cycler
Posts: 3254
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:17 pm
Location: Calgary, Alberta

Post by hexagon son »

And another new video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTnH3zs8wRo

It's called: "Kill"

Yet another amazing track.
"It's been a long time..."
User avatar
747Music
Nova Scotia Robot
Posts: 5164
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:13 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Post by 747Music »

^^ Awesome song yet again.
User avatar
hexagon son
Happy Cycler
Posts: 3254
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:17 pm
Location: Calgary, Alberta

Post by hexagon son »

"It's been a long time..."
User avatar
2020k
Moderator
Posts: 2130
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:47 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Contact:

Post by 2020k »

"I'm gonna miss waking up on Tuesday's to her bipolar ass." - Youtube comment. LMAO

Just found out that a song I did that sampled "b" just hit 100 plays! It's a simple track that I did as a demo for a pop artist and for a recording studio I worked at. As We Go.
User avatar
747Music
Nova Scotia Robot
Posts: 5164
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:13 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Post by 747Music »



A black box! boc?

...someone had to say it...
User avatar
hexagon son
Happy Cycler
Posts: 3254
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:17 pm
Location: Calgary, Alberta

Post by hexagon son »

747Music wrote:


A black box! boc?

...someone had to say it...


Oh shit! I had to actually laugh out loud when I read that! :lol:
"It's been a long time..."
User avatar
Radiobuzz
Eagle Minded
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:20 am
Location: On a beach in Argentina

Post by Radiobuzz »

So have you heard this? Pretty neat! I got Kin but haven't got around to listen to it yet.
User avatar
2020k
Moderator
Posts: 2130
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:47 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Contact:

Post by 2020k »

I put up an album review and am giving away a few copies of the album. More information is over here
User avatar
2020k
Moderator
Posts: 2130
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:47 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Contact:

Post by 2020k »

Whole new album out in November Over half have new videos out already! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETCnS4Lj9Y4. Love these two
Biznasty wrote:off to the pub... /// --- ..-. ..-. / - --- / - .... . / .--. ..- -... .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.-
The Baddest Alt Electronic Pop Music: Twenty20k.com
How BOC feels about: Censorship | Environment | The World | A New Album
User avatar
Negamuse
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 2142
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:45 am

Post by Negamuse »

I get a kind of vibe of Mint Julep off Chasing Kites. Not the sound so much as the song. It's good, I like this a lot.
User avatar
747Music
Nova Scotia Robot
Posts: 5164
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:13 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Post by 747Music »

2020k wrote:Whole new album out in November Over half have new videos out already! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETCnS4Lj9Y4. Love these two



:o :o :o 8) 8) 8) :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D :D !!!!!!!!

This song is AWESOME! If you don't know already, I'm a huge fan! This makes me very happy! Thanks 2020k! This made my day.
Yellow Records
Sherbet Head
Posts: 682
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 1:52 pm
Location: Syracuse, New York

Post by Yellow Records »

This shit's really good.
ImageImage
User avatar
Negamuse
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 2142
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:45 am

Post by Negamuse »

This has been going round and round on repeat in my car. I'm loving the album so far, I know its kind of different to her other stuff by the sound of it, which is good stuff too but I'm all over this.

So many classic synth-pop sounds in here, my brain's firing off "Depeche Mode! Ultravox! Eurythmics!" as I listen. But the songwriting's pretty genius too. And she's got a great voice. Yet another top recommendation from Twoism.
User avatar
2020k
Moderator
Posts: 2130
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:47 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Contact:

Re: Thoughts on iamamiwhoami [interesting find]

Post by 2020k »

Ionnalee is releasing her solo album next month and gave us this iamamiwhoami blast to the past!

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihd9dKek2gc[/media]
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoF6jkVc7js[/media]

From the iamamiwhoami prelude...

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yAI5_YXNqI[/media]
Biznasty wrote:off to the pub... /// --- ..-. ..-. / - --- / - .... . / .--. ..- -... .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.-
The Baddest Alt Electronic Pop Music: Twenty20k.com
How BOC feels about: Censorship | Environment | The World | A New Album
Post a reply