Clash magazine interview from 2005
Moderators: Aesthetics, Drones, Hexagon Sun
Clash magazine interview from 2005
Hey guys, that Headphase-era interview from UK magazine Clash that we all somehow missed is now online.
I don't care how the new intro blurb strictly refers to the band in the past tense though...
I don't care how the new intro blurb strictly refers to the band in the past tense though...
“I remember a nice comment someone made when they reasoned that we didn’t use a singer because no words could do the music any justice. I like that, because I’ve always felt that in music words are a really low-res way of conveying ideas. What I mean is, music is a much higher-resolution medium to convey feelings than words could ever be.”
That was nice
That was nice
- TaoTapeTao
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1286
- Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:04 pm
- Location: the internet
- Contact:
Thanks for this- their interviews are always pretty interesting.
I like the fact that they mentioned john frusciante lol.
I like the fact that they mentioned john frusciante lol.
endlessly manifold, self contained revealed, replete
http://maketapesounds.bandcamp.com/
https://0robor0.bandcamp.com/
https://personproject.bandcamp.com/
http://maketapesounds.bandcamp.com/
https://0robor0.bandcamp.com/
https://personproject.bandcamp.com/
2002’s ‘Geogaddi’, their second long player, involved the creation of 400 such song fragments and 64 complete songs, with 23 selected,
This struck me. That amount of work... wow. Sort of puts the timeframes in perspective when you look at it that way.
Last edited by Negamuse on Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moz wrote:“I remember a nice comment someone made when they reasoned that we didn’t use a singer because no words could do the music any justice. I like that, because I’ve always felt that in music words are a really low-res way of conveying ideas. What I mean is, music is a much higher-resolution medium to convey feelings than words could ever be.”
That was nice
I agree, and it couldn't be more true as well
- hexagon son
- Happy Cycler
- Posts: 3254
- Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:17 pm
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
Moz wrote:“I remember a nice comment someone made when they reasoned that we didn’t use a singer because no words could do the music any justice. I like that, because I’ve always felt that in music words are a really low-res way of conveying ideas. What I mean is, music is a much higher-resolution medium to convey feelings than words could ever be.”
That was nice
I was just about to quote that, too. Very well-put.
Thanks to the op for sharing.
- cubistking1906
- Eagle Minded
- Posts: 367
- Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:16 pm
Just did it. http://bocpages.org/wiki/It%27s_our_tak ... pop_recordhexagon son wrote:Anyone archived it into BoCPages yet? ...and yes, nice find! At this juncture, I think the term, "were", is appropriate.
- none_more_epsilon
- Friendly Stranger
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:55 pm
- Location: The North
Excellent piece!
The Geography Trip Recordings
http://thegeographytrip.bandcamp.com/
http://soundcloud.com/thegeographytrip
http://thegeographytrip.bandcamp.com/
http://soundcloud.com/thegeographytrip