It's nostalgia, baby.
Moderators: Aesthetics, Drones, Hexagon Sun
- mechanismj
- Nova Scotia Robot
- Posts: 5157
- Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:35 am
- Contact:
It's nostalgia, baby.
What are some of BOC's strongest nostalgic tracks for you?
For me, their old tunes tapes hold more nostalgic meaning to me than their more recent stuff. Tracks like Skimming Stones, Kiteracer 2, and June 9th are perhaps the strongest for me and they bring me back to when I was the youngest. I find that Mushyz conjures up strange imagery of me being a kid again as well.
What are your thoughts?
For me, their old tunes tapes hold more nostalgic meaning to me than their more recent stuff. Tracks like Skimming Stones, Kiteracer 2, and June 9th are perhaps the strongest for me and they bring me back to when I was the youngest. I find that Mushyz conjures up strange imagery of me being a kid again as well.
What are your thoughts?
- thedisavowed
- Happy Cycler
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:35 pm
- Location: Texas
- Contact:
Re: It's nostalgia, baby.
mechanismj wrote:What are some of BOC's strongest nostalgic tracks for you?
For me, their old tunes tapes hold more nostalgic meaning to me than their more recent stuff. Tracks like Skimming Stones, Kiteracer 2, and June 9th are perhaps the strongest for me and they bring me back to when I was the youngest. I find that Mushyz conjures up strange imagery of me being a kid again as well.
What are your thoughts?
Right on! All the old tunes material really takes me on journeys to the past. Side one track 14 on Old tunes reminds me of something from never ending story or a movie when i was kid. Songs like m9 remind me of watching space documentaries at the omni theater when i was a child. Mushyz reminds of childhood TV programs as well as heysanna hosanna. On their official releases songs like oirectine, roygbiv, ready lets go, dandelion and kaini industries bring back memories of my childhood.
whats really funny is even though whole songs may not have the exact same effect, maybe a part of one their songs will spark up an old memory...and this happens with almost all of their songs...
- isawdrones
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1454
- Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:53 pm
- Location: Brooklyn NY
- isawdrones
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1454
- Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:53 pm
- Location: Brooklyn NY
ross adey wrote:spectrum without doubt has the greatest sense of nostalgia for me. it's such a beutifully damaged whirlpool of longing and regret, but has a certain hopefulness at the same time. reminds of science class when i was 12.
BoC are masters of balancing emotion in songs.
Thats the main reason im drawn to them.
- silo flame
- Eagle Minded
- Posts: 442
- Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:32 pm
Open The Light
Oirectine
Everything You Do Is a Balloon (Up until 1:35)
Whitewater
Ready Lets Go
Mansel
It's Too Orangey
Roygbiv
5.9.78
Red Moss (Opening)
Poppy Seed - Reprise
Poppy Seed (The noise you hear at 1:35)
Under The Coke Sign
Statue of Liberty
Sir Prancelot Brainfire
Musc For Pylons (The beat that comes in at around 0:13)
Iced Cooly (Reminds me of the one level in Supr Mario Kart)
Iced Cooly Beatnik
Alpha Rainbow
Pete Standing Alone (The first 34 seconds)
Bocuma
Turquoise Hexagon Sun (Various parts)
Wildlife Analysis
Music is Math (Up until 0:24)
Into The Rainbow Vein
Oirectine
Everything You Do Is a Balloon (Up until 1:35)
Whitewater
Ready Lets Go
Mansel
It's Too Orangey
Roygbiv
5.9.78
Red Moss (Opening)
Poppy Seed - Reprise
Poppy Seed (The noise you hear at 1:35)
Under The Coke Sign
Statue of Liberty
Sir Prancelot Brainfire
Musc For Pylons (The beat that comes in at around 0:13)
Iced Cooly (Reminds me of the one level in Supr Mario Kart)
Iced Cooly Beatnik
Alpha Rainbow
Pete Standing Alone (The first 34 seconds)
Bocuma
Turquoise Hexagon Sun (Various parts)
Wildlife Analysis
Music is Math (Up until 0:24)
Into The Rainbow Vein
- s7409651
- Sherbet Head
- Posts: 893
- Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:43 pm
- Location: Cape Town, South Africa
- Contact:
I feel nostalgia when certain tracks remind me of moments that occured when I was listening to them specifically.
Seqotia: First BoC Track I heard properly..reminds me of my online hunting for BoC and subsequent purchase of Campfire HEadphase, my 1st BOC album
Beautiful Place: Reminds me of my months in London, it was a heatwave, dull clouds weighing low, loneliness.. I heard the track over great speakers (roomate was a DJ)
Sixtyniner: Beautiful track but makes me nostalgically sad. Remembering past relationships.
ConstantsAreChanging(MovingTreesMix): Specific time in my life that I realise now, I was mistaken about many things.
Peacock tail: Summer, driving in the car, hands in my hair (not mine)
Seqotia: First BoC Track I heard properly..reminds me of my online hunting for BoC and subsequent purchase of Campfire HEadphase, my 1st BOC album
Beautiful Place: Reminds me of my months in London, it was a heatwave, dull clouds weighing low, loneliness.. I heard the track over great speakers (roomate was a DJ)
Sixtyniner: Beautiful track but makes me nostalgically sad. Remembering past relationships.
ConstantsAreChanging(MovingTreesMix): Specific time in my life that I realise now, I was mistaken about many things.
Peacock tail: Summer, driving in the car, hands in my hair (not mine)
- Twoism-ist
- Sherbet Head
- Posts: 746
- Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:28 pm
- Location: From The See
dave(imarealtraditionalist), no idea why. the style of the music is fuckin powerful.
kiteracer 2 ofc, why isnt this an A-side?
hiscores, pretty intense shit makes me want to do a trench run on the Death Star
solarium.
iced cooly. though i cant tell if its nostalgia for when i first heard it or something
kiteracer 2 ofc, why isnt this an A-side?
hiscores, pretty intense shit makes me want to do a trench run on the Death Star
solarium.
iced cooly. though i cant tell if its nostalgia for when i first heard it or something
MOST THINGS GO OUT OF STYLE, ' C E P T
F R I E N D S
F R I E N D S
