A_Northern_Soul wrote:"Jesus god damn christ I love My Bloody Valentine"
Yep - "Sometimes" from Loveless through my headphones as we speak.
YES! This song was my theme tune to walking home from the pub last night, its only a short walk so I took a diversion to fit the whole song in. I know how you feel man.
louise wrote:i just had a bath for the first time in about 2 years. i cant feel my skin. put me in a sterling mood though
oh god when I first read this I thought you said you just bathed for the first time in 2 years.. lol woops.
Anyhow reading all of these posts actually makes me really happy. And it's super nice out and I'm about to chill with friends from back home so this is going to be an awesome day.
louise wrote:i just had a bath for the first time in about 2 years. i cant feel my skin. put me in a sterling mood though
oh god when I first read this I thought you said you just bathed for the first time in 2 years.. lol woops.
Anyhow reading all of these posts actually makes me really happy. And it's super nice out and I'm about to chill with friends from back home so this is going to be an awesome day.
lol nooo i shower every day haha. have a great time man x
Lately I've been really enjoying running old DOS programs found on old shareware CD-ROMS that I bought in the nineties in my own emulator. I just love running crappy CGA games from 1989 made by teenagers in moist basements, superslow Mandelbrot fractals in QBASIC and archaic anti-virus software that scans my virtual hard drive for the latest versions of the Michelangelo virus. Brings back feelings of a time when my life was much simpler.
A_Northern_Soul wrote:Just bought ingredients to make Christmas Pudding tomorrow!
A family tradition that I've taken up in recent years, using an old recipe. I love making it every year - it's a total nostalgia-fest
I've never tried making one and now I'm wondering why? Absolutely love proper Christmas pudding, preferably with enough booze in it to float a battleship.
Go for it, Mexicola! Tomorrow is the day they're traditionally made ("stir-up Sunday" - the last Sunday before advent), but there's still plenty time. Happy to share my recipe if you like :)
Mine isn't made with LOADS of booze - just some Guinness and a splash of whisky. It's bloody marvellous if I do say so myself ;)