Moderator: Aesthetics
fujee
Happy Cycler
Posts: 4012 Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:46 pm
Location: UK
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by fujee » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:42 am
fujee wrote: tour again plss
I am a god damn visionary
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…
IanRedpoint
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1414 Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:34 pm
Location: London, England
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by IanRedpoint » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:47 am
fujee wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFI7tdFOKtE chorus and vocal melody sounds SO good in this
A somewhat younger me is bouncing up and down in that crowd somewhere.
And in the crowd for this too...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWhvyvt347k
fujee
Happy Cycler
Posts: 4012 Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:46 pm
Location: UK
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by fujee » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:54 am
IanRedpoint wrote: fujee wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFI7tdFOKtE chorus and vocal melody sounds SO good in this
A somewhat younger me is bouncing up and down in that crowd somewhere.
And in the crowd for this too...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWhvyvt347k
Even though by March 13th next year I will have seen them twice, I am so jealous you saw them first time round. Must've been amazing mate.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…
A_Northern_Soul
Happy Cycler
Posts: 2768 Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:13 am
Location: Edinburgh
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by A_Northern_Soul » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:54 pm
Dennis Wilson - Thoughts of You If ever a song punched you in the guts.... Pacific Ocean Blue is a beautiful album though.
hexagon son
Happy Cycler
Posts: 3254 Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:17 pm
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by hexagon son » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:12 pm
"It's been a long time..."
Beavercanoe
Posts Quantity
Posts: 136 Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 5:47 pm
Location: Alberta, Canada
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by Beavercanoe » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:08 am
Chris Clark - Lord of the Dance.
Because yes.
Betacord
Eagle Minded
Posts: 443 Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:34 am
Location: UK
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by Betacord » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:22 pm
I really liked this one back in the day - and yet I always sensed the pitch was
just a little 'unsteady', like a vinyl copy I thought (in hindsight, maybe chorused and/or modulated)... Now I see that was, actually, precisely what I liked about it.
A_Northern_Soul
Happy Cycler
Posts: 2768 Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:13 am
Location: Edinburgh
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by A_Northern_Soul » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:50 pm
Primal Scream - Darklands One of my favourite cover versions ever. Bleak and and beautiful.
hexagon son
Happy Cycler
Posts: 3254 Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:17 pm
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by hexagon son » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:58 am
Betacord wrote: I really liked this one back in the day - and yet I always sensed the pitch was
just a little 'unsteady', like a vinyl copy I thought (in hindsight, maybe chorused and/or modulated)... Now I see that was, actually, precisely what I liked about it.
I always loved and to this day love the slightly unsteady synths in that track. I still get pumped every time I listen to it.
"It's been a long time..."
A_Northern_Soul
Happy Cycler
Posts: 2768 Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:13 am
Location: Edinburgh
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by A_Northern_Soul » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:44 pm
Spacemen 3 - I Believe It Who needs more than 2 chords?.....
Guido
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1778 Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:45 am
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by Guido » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:15 pm
The Gentleman Losers - Honey Bunch
A_Northern_Soul
Happy Cycler
Posts: 2768 Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:13 am
Location: Edinburgh
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by A_Northern_Soul » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:47 pm
The Byrds - Renaissance Fair I love The Byrds.....
fujee
Happy Cycler
Posts: 4012 Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:46 pm
Location: UK
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by fujee » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:03 pm
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…
A_Northern_Soul
Happy Cycler
Posts: 2768 Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:13 am
Location: Edinburgh
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by A_Northern_Soul » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:48 pm
Arab Strap - I Work in a Saloon "...pulling shit pints for shit wages.."
louise
Sherbet Head
Posts: 832 Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:04 am
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by louise » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:58 pm
A_Northern_Soul wrote: Arab Strap - I Work in a Saloon "...pulling shit pints for shit wages.."
laughing x
A_Northern_Soul
Happy Cycler
Posts: 2768 Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:13 am
Location: Edinburgh
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by A_Northern_Soul » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:15 am
I'd forgotten how much I love Arab Strap... The First Big Weekend is just incredible - I've lived it so many times....