seanandcandy wrote:has anyone on here actually ever been on discogs because there are plenty of mint condition sleeve/media geogaddis available all the time?
Yeah, get ready to fork out almost $255-$279 for a sealed copy.
I don't actually think Geogaddi was ever released sealed. I got mine directly from warp, and it did not come sealed. I spoke to some guys over at WATMM about this and they said the same. Makes you wonder why some are advertised on ebay/discogs as 'still sealed'. Pretty easy to get things shrinkwrapped yourself i guess. I assume this is a common problem with things like cd's/vinyl/dvd's in online marketplaces.
seanandcandy wrote:has anyone on here actually ever been on discogs because there are plenty of mint condition sleeve/media geogaddis available all the time?
Yeah, get ready to fork out almost $255-$279 for a sealed copy.
seanandcandy wrote:has anyone on here actually ever been on discogs because there are plenty of mint condition sleeve/media geogaddis available all the time?
Yeah, get ready to fork out almost $255-$279 for a sealed copy.
MindElevation wrote:I don't actually think Geogaddi was ever released sealed. I got mine directly from warp, and it did not come sealed. I spoke to some guys over at WATMM about this and they said the same. Makes you wonder why some are advertised on ebay/discogs as 'still sealed'. Pretty easy to get things shrinkwrapped yourself i guess. I assume this is a common problem with things like cd's/vinyl/dvd's in online marketplaces.
Interesting... I just got a sealed copy of Geogaddi from Amazon of all places... I wonder if copies that went out to shops were sealed (I got it from a private seller on Amazon's marketplace who bought two when it came out). Either way, even though I bought it for listening I'm having a tough time opening it...
MindElevation wrote:I don't actually think Geogaddi was ever released sealed. I got mine directly from warp, and it did not come sealed. I spoke to some guys over at WATMM about this and they said the same. Makes you wonder why some are advertised on ebay/discogs as 'still sealed'. Pretty easy to get things shrinkwrapped yourself i guess. I assume this is a common problem with things like cd's/vinyl/dvd's in online marketplaces.
Interesting... I just got a sealed copy of Geogaddi from Amazon of all places... I wonder if copies that went out to shops were sealed (I got it from a private seller on Amazon's marketplace who bought two when it came out). Either way, even though I bought it for listening I'm having a tough time opening it...
Wow, how much did it cost you (if you don't mind me asking)? Maybe some were sealed, I really don't know. Joyrex, the site administrator over at watmm.com, said that they were released unsealed. Perhaps some shops then chose to seal them themselves once they were supplied it from warp. Who knows!
I think some shops sealed these for obvious reasons, it's a huge package. I would say they didn't want customers opening the gatefold and risking damage. You know how people are with items they have no intention of buying, that's why you always see floor models for sale because they're thrashed from customers grubby hands.
Also, my BoC records that I bought from Warp (The old Warpmart/Bleep) none of them were ever sealed when I received them.
MindElevation wrote:Wow, how much did it cost you (if you don't mind me asking)? Maybe some were sealed, I really don't know. Joyrex, the site administrator over at watmm.com, said that they were released unsealed. Perhaps some shops then chose to seal them themselves once they were supplied it from warp. Who knows!
Makes sense...
I got it for $120 which seemed like a good deal for a mint copy; buying it through Amazon let me use some gift cards I got for the holidays so that helped as well. Pretty happy to finally have a copy.
MindElevation wrote:Wow, how much did it cost you (if you don't mind me asking)? Maybe some were sealed, I really don't know. Joyrex, the site administrator over at watmm.com, said that they were released unsealed. Perhaps some shops then chose to seal them themselves once they were supplied it from warp. Who knows!
Makes sense... I got it for $120 which seemed like a good deal for a mint copy; buying it through Amazon let me use some gift cards I got for the holidays so that helped as well. Pretty happy to finally have a copy.