Moderators: Aesthetics , Drones , Hexagon Sun
novayshun
Sherbet Head
Posts: 742 Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:10 pm
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by novayshun » Wed May 08, 2013 8:27 pm
novayshun wrote: Mexicola wrote: novayshun wrote: If I remember correctly, wasn't there a member just north of me too in Gillingham? Are you out there??
Ha! This will make you chuckle. That was my wife, incognito, so she could contact MDG - get this - asking if BOC would play at our wedding!! She only told me a year later.
Bless her, I love her to bits
Hahaha, classic.
I'm sure the person i'm thinking of was a music maker.... I'm gonna look at the member list ad see if i can remember.
I've found who I was thinking about, but by the looks of it he's hung up on us all. Xurbatronic
http://www.twoism.org/forum/profile.php ... file&u=815
Mexicola
Telepath
Posts: 8882 Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 9:36 pm
Location: Dorset, UK
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by Mexicola » Wed May 08, 2013 8:28 pm
Ah! Yes, I'm in touch with him via Facebook actually. Thanks for the reminder, I'll ping him a message.
Slow down...
Jonse
Happy Cycler
Posts: 3526 Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:19 am
Location: BPR. OG
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by Jonse » Wed May 08, 2013 9:08 pm
You guys have fun over there. Don't overplay the album TOO much in one day and end up making yourselves sick of it.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.
Mexicola
Telepath
Posts: 8882 Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 9:36 pm
Location: Dorset, UK
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by Mexicola » Wed May 08, 2013 10:02 pm
Rodheh wrote: You guys have fun over there. Don't overplay the album TOO much in one day and end up making yourselves sick of it.
Us?? Would we??
(Damn right we would!)
Slow down...
Aerial Boundaries
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1246 Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:58 pm
Location: London
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by Aerial Boundaries » Wed May 08, 2013 10:39 pm
Hey! I'm new here but a BOC fan going on three years. My best mate and I would love to join you guys and we are prepared to wild camp, we do so frequently. We are available as long as the event is on a weekend in July or later.
Mexicola
Telepath
Posts: 8882 Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 9:36 pm
Location: Dorset, UK
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by Mexicola » Thu May 09, 2013 10:46 pm
Incidentally, big thanks to Robin for posting the banner (look down people!) and for letting me use the Twoism logo.
And a huge thanks to MDG for his approval of the BOC images. Really, really appreciate that.
Slow down...
Aesthetics
Site Admin
Posts: 5449 Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:59 am
Location: Lowlands
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by Aesthetics » Thu May 09, 2013 11:07 pm
Mexicola wrote: Incidentally, big thanks to Robin for posting the banner (look down people!) and for letting me use the Twoism logo.
It's not a big deal at all! With the careful preparation like you do, it is guaranteed to be a good party!
Life is a Frequency
IanRedpoint
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1414 Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:34 pm
Location: London, England
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by IanRedpoint » Fri May 10, 2013 12:44 pm
Might be worth editing the original post to state the revised date of July 6th.
Love the banner by the way.
Jinjur
Eagle Minded
Posts: 362 Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:47 am
Location: Northern Ireland
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by Jinjur » Fri May 10, 2013 12:49 pm
I'd love to come over if I was free around that time but I can be sent places at short notice with work.
If you can include me on any details I can keep it on ice till i know. I'd need to sort flights anyhoo.
Closest airport?
J
Rikkiebags
Posts Quantity
Posts: 166 Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:22 am
Location: Dorset, UK
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by Rikkiebags » Fri May 10, 2013 12:59 pm
That'd be Hurn Airport, Bournemouth.
seanandcandy
Sherbet Head
Posts: 667 Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:34 pm
Location: Australia
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by seanandcandy » Fri May 10, 2013 2:39 pm
gee i'd love to be there with some of the cooler people on this board but uni and work and 20000km kinda foils that huh
you better post some photos at least
*farts*
idk
2020k
Moderator
Posts: 2130 Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:47 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by 2020k » Fri May 10, 2013 4:02 pm
Aw, wish I could make this, guys. x
Mexicola
Telepath
Posts: 8882 Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 9:36 pm
Location: Dorset, UK
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by Mexicola » Fri May 10, 2013 4:05 pm
Good spot IanRedpoint - duly editted. Apologies, it was late, I had (have) manflu and Robin and myself had just been racking brains getting the banner right. I know, excuses, excuses...
@ Jinjur, Rikkiebags is spot on with Bournemouth airport, although if you're coming from Northern Ireland I've a feeling you might have to fly in via Southampton instead (about an hours drive away). Alternatively, I know Aer Lingus fly in/out of Bournemouth via Dublin but no idea if that's any use to you at all??
@seanandcandy - 10 out of 10 if you make it from Australia, but I think that might be stretching it!! Photos WILL happen for sure
Slow down...
Jinjur
Eagle Minded
Posts: 362 Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:47 am
Location: Northern Ireland
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by Jinjur » Fri May 10, 2013 4:08 pm
Hey bud, would be saaarfampton I think.......flys from the city to there
J
mucephei
Posts Quantity
Posts: 229 Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Down at the County Co-operative Extension Service
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by mucephei » Fri May 10, 2013 10:23 pm
I may be able to go - I'm in Wiltshire, so not that far away
hexagonLife
Eagle Minded
Posts: 377 Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:18 pm
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by hexagonLife » Sat May 11, 2013 7:46 am
Mexicola wrote: EDITED 10 May 2013 @ 00:06GMT This is clearly NOT an official BOC or Warp event!
*whispers* redmoooon...!!!
Mexicola wrote: EDITED 10 May 2013 @ 00:06GMT PLEASE don't anyone go buying flights, selling cars, or remortgaging houses, or travelling silly distances. THEY really won't be there!
Suuuure.....they won't be there
Edit: Sorry, I couldn't resist!!
Mexicola
Telepath
Posts: 8882 Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 9:36 pm
Location: Dorset, UK
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by Mexicola » Sat May 11, 2013 8:53 am
While a BOC appearance would be lovely it would have to be distinctly lo-fi given the nearest mains electric is probably a quarter mile away at least. And I'm buggered if I'm lumping a generator down there
Slow down...
A_Northern_Soul
Happy Cycler
Posts: 2768 Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:13 am
Location: Edinburgh
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by A_Northern_Soul » Sat May 11, 2013 10:51 am
BoC unplugged - has quite a ring to it...
Mexicola
Telepath
Posts: 8882 Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 9:36 pm
Location: Dorset, UK
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by Mexicola » Sat May 11, 2013 11:34 am
A_Northern_Soul wrote: BoC unplugged - has quite a ring to it...
I bet they'd be ace like that actually. Shame you can't get down here by the way matey..
Slow down...
Mexicola
Telepath
Posts: 8882 Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 9:36 pm
Location: Dorset, UK
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by Mexicola » Sat May 11, 2013 11:34 am
A_Northern_Soul wrote: BoC unplugged - has quite a ring to it...
I bet they'd be ace like that actually. Shame you can't get down here by the way matey..
Slow down...