SneakyTT wrote:Been playing around with this track, speeding it up, etc. At around 200% speed I heard a voice saying "you are the enemy". You can hear it in the normal track, from 2:05 to 2:12. And then what sounds like a distant scream. Scary stuff.
Woah. They weren't kidding about the subliminal stuff. Cool!
wash wrote:I just made an MP3 of the reverse and forward versions of the track playing at the same together, and holy shit it's mental. Will post it in a bit.
I did this too. I put the Forward track in the L speaker and the backwards track in the R speaker. The arp is EXACTLY the same. The alternating pad beneath doesn't sync, but holy shit. So awesome.
chorus wrote:Am I right if I say 02:04,5 of the track is the actual center point of the album?
My rough calculations tells me so, and that would also mean it works as the definitive pivot point if you look at the album as palindromic.
Yeah that's right. In my head that's where you place the mirror. It makes me think of Infinite Jest where one of the quebecois terrorist groups places giant mirrors out on the roads in the desert so people crash into them.
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
5th listen of the album today (this one FLAC) and each time I hear that track I have to read the track name, each time I'm surprised and think 'which track is this?', surprising me every time…
I really think its an ideal final track in the palindrome format 1, 17, 2, 16, 3 …
rainier wrote:1, 17, 2, 16...etc is actually taking it out of palindrome format. This song does sound amazeballs in flac though.
What I mean is taking the palindrome at its mid point and folding it in two, so the mid point………… oh FFFUUUCK I've gotta try this tomorrow, fold the album! Give me some spice!!!!
rainier wrote:1, 17, 2, 16...etc is actually taking it out of palindrome format. This song does sound amazeballs in flac though.
What I mean is taking the palindrome at its mid point and folding it in two, so the mid point………… oh FFFUUUCK I've gotta try this tomorrow, fold the album! Give me some spice!!!!
I've been thinking of this idea and wondering if anyone else would come up with it, sure more folks have......?
rainier wrote:1, 17, 2, 16...etc is actually taking it out of palindrome format. This song does sound amazeballs in flac though.
What I mean is taking the palindrome at its mid point and folding it in two, so the mid point………… oh FFFUUUCK I've gotta try this tomorrow, fold the album! Give me some spice!!!!
So start it with Collapse, then 8, 10, 7, 11, 6, 12, 5, 13, 4, 14, 3, 15, 2, 16, 1, 17 ?
I know this might be ridiculous, but I come from the school of "everything is on the table."
Might the cover be somehow representative of this uneven palindromic arrangement? I feel like there are 8 buildings both to the left and right of the sun, though I'm sure they can be counted in a variety of ways. Then when you guys mentioned folding it reminded me of those mad magazine fold-up illusions, so I was imagining someone trying that with the cover. Not that I have any idea what might emerge.
Got this from another thread, but what it would really sound like "folded"? Similar to the AAAA/BBBB clue, what if 1, 17 - 2, 16 - 3, 15, etc were meant to be played on top of each other at the same time, with Collapse as track 9?
Man, the intro to this song creeps me out so much. It sounds like the distorted groaning of some unspeakably evil creature being burnt to death or something...
wash wrote:I just made an MP3 of the reverse and forward versions of the track playing at the same together, and holy shit it's mental. Will post it in a bit.
I did this too. I put the Forward track in the L speaker and the backwards track in the R speaker. The arp is EXACTLY the same. The alternating pad beneath doesn't sync, but holy shit. So awesome.
Opothecary wrote:Got this from another thread, but what it would really sound like "folded"? Similar to the AAAA/BBBB clue, what if 1, 17 - 2, 16 - 3, 15, etc were meant to be played on top of each other at the same time, with Collapse as track 9?
I love the "wind" type sound in this tune. To me it sounds more like someone talking than wind though. Like a voice has been completely garbled and destroyed. Its starting to creep me out haha.. I'm probably just imagining it though.
miklatov wrote:Mod closed the thread discussing whether this track is the 'true' end of the album or not so I'll put a link to it here for anyone who's bothered
like diving station it sounds like collapse has vocals in the background slowed WAY down.
i took the track, reversed it, sped it up and filtered it. i hear vox...i just cant make it out.
its just the first couple seconds of the track [last couple secs, now that it has been reversed.]