WINE!
Moderator: Aesthetics
WINE!
I fucking love wine. The aroma, the initial taste, the bittersweet middle, the poignant aftertaste. My sort of thing - never have and probably never will like beer. All I have is cheap shit at the moment but I'm heading on down to Caduceus Cellars (MJK from Tool's winery) sometime (I live in Phoenix so no more than a few hours of a drive) and am eager to sample one of their flights. A friend of mine who actually lives in Jerome says his "Chupacabra" is fucking fantastic.
To the wine drinkers - what's your favorite wine?
To the wine drinkers - what's your favorite wine?
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.
I love wine. I mainly use it to run windows applications.
For real though. I love dirt-cheap sweet red wines. I found one called "flamenco" with a really crappy label its only 2 euros the liter, tastes like a good sangria with allot more alcohol in it. It works!
"Oh dude, you should drink real wine." you might say. Well I would if it would pay off but I like getting drunk, and sadly, my large sturdy body can hold liquor really REALLY well.
For real though. I love dirt-cheap sweet red wines. I found one called "flamenco" with a really crappy label its only 2 euros the liter, tastes like a good sangria with allot more alcohol in it. It works!
"Oh dude, you should drink real wine." you might say. Well I would if it would pay off but I like getting drunk, and sadly, my large sturdy body can hold liquor really REALLY well.
Throw away your smartphone.
Cupz wrote:I love wine. I mainly use it to run windows applications.
For real though. I love dirt-cheap sweet red wines. I found one called "flamenco" with a really crappy label its only 2 euros the liter, tastes like a good sangria with allot more alcohol in it. It works!
"Oh dude, you should drink real wine." you might say. Well I would if it would pay off but I like getting drunk, and sadly, my large sturdy body can hold liquor really REALLY well.
Dude, I'm drinking relatively cheap wine ATM and was drinking Liberty Creek last night and the night before it. I'm all for cheap wines as long as they don't suck. A decent wine is better than no wine at all.
Just put some change in a jar and save it up for a while...then go buy a more expensive bottle of wine and get drunk and savor the moment and appreciate the higher quality wine for what it is, just only one occasion.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.
I don't like wine and I only drink it as a last resort if I'm out of all other types of beverages. I really dislike the taste, doesn't bring on the desired tipsiness in a for me pleasant way (as opposed to beer) and it gives me horrible hangovers.
(currently I don't drink at all though because a while ago I entered a period of altogether alcohol abstinence)
(currently I don't drink at all though because a while ago I entered a period of altogether alcohol abstinence)
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.
- saturdayindex
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1681
- Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:40 pm
- Location: Thailand, Japan, US, Netherlands, Australia
I will sometimes drink beer or hard liquor by myself or with friends, but never wine. Beer and liquor make me a happy sort of tipsy, whereas wine just makes me tired. It also gives me a bad hangover compared to the others, I'm fairly sure I am allergic to the tannins in red wine especially.
The only value I see in wine is that it's a bit more romantic than the others. I would much rather have a glass of wine on a dinner date than beers.
The only value I see in wine is that it's a bit more romantic than the others. I would much rather have a glass of wine on a dinner date than beers.
Usually head towards the Rjoja / Tempranillo. Tonight's rather delightful beverage was Anciano Gran Reserva 2005 Tempranillo. Their 7 year Gran Reserva is quite lovely for a cheap mealtime drop.
Usually £8.99, but currently a snip at a mere £6.99 from Waitrose.
Cheers!
Usually £8.99, but currently a snip at a mere £6.99 from Waitrose.
Cheers!
Love Champagne, not so much a fan of non sparkling white wine though.
Il knock back a bottle of red wine any day though. Love the Vino Rouge
Il knock back a bottle of red wine any day though. Love the Vino Rouge
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…
Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…
- WeHadNormality
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:02 am
- Location: Pareidolia
Love red, can't stand white. Rioja or Malbec for me very time.
For Rioja, I tried some Viña Pomal Centenario Reserva recently, just lurrvly.
For Malbec, I drank a bottle of Santa Ana Unánime 2007, Mendoza at a wedding recently, absolutely beautiful, but a bit too expensive to have regularly.
Tesco's (oohh evil!) Simply Malbec is surprisingly good. It's £4.99 and tastes better than a lot of £10+ bottles you can get in the shops. I seriously recommend it if you're on a budget.
I really wanna get a bottle from Caduceus Cellars to try at some point. It's Maynard James Keenan's winery.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caduceus_Cellars
For Rioja, I tried some Viña Pomal Centenario Reserva recently, just lurrvly.
For Malbec, I drank a bottle of Santa Ana Unánime 2007, Mendoza at a wedding recently, absolutely beautiful, but a bit too expensive to have regularly.
Tesco's (oohh evil!) Simply Malbec is surprisingly good. It's £4.99 and tastes better than a lot of £10+ bottles you can get in the shops. I seriously recommend it if you're on a budget.
I really wanna get a bottle from Caduceus Cellars to try at some point. It's Maynard James Keenan's winery.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caduceus_Cellars
fujee wrote:Love Champagne, not so much a fan of non sparkling white wine though.
If you ever get the chance to go to the Champagne region of France, do. Countless little villages with signposts at the roadside giving directions to 30 family-run champagne makers per village, each of which you can knock on the door, ask to taste their stuff, and if you like it it costs like 10 euros a bottle. Most of it blows the expensive name brand stuff out of the water too, it just never leaves the village.
Same with Riesling in Germany.
- harpoon dodger
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 2342
- Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:20 pm
- Location: Ontario, Canada
- Contact:
- A_Northern_Soul
- Happy Cycler
- Posts: 2768
- Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:13 am
- Location: Edinburgh
Hurrah for wine!
I usually go for a Rioja or Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon. In terms of labels, my go-to wines are something from Concha Del Toro or Wolf Blass.
Rarely drink white wine - I often find it too sharp and acidic, not like the warming hug of a nice red. I don't mind the odd New Zealand Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc - Mrs_A_Northern_Soul's vino of choice (Oyster Bay is nice). A bit of fizz is nice too - we polished off a bottle of Bollinger recently which went down well.
I usually go for a Rioja or Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon. In terms of labels, my go-to wines are something from Concha Del Toro or Wolf Blass.
Rarely drink white wine - I often find it too sharp and acidic, not like the warming hug of a nice red. I don't mind the odd New Zealand Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc - Mrs_A_Northern_Soul's vino of choice (Oyster Bay is nice). A bit of fizz is nice too - we polished off a bottle of Bollinger recently which went down well.
- pianoforte
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1415
- Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:41 am
- Location: grey gardens
- Amo Bishop Roden
- Sherbet Head
- Posts: 516
- Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:17 am
I drink Yellow Tail because I'm a broke student, but hey, it's pretty good despite being mass produced it's actually real wine and not fortified grape juice.Their Shiraz is excellent IMO.
I live in the Finger Lakes region where we produce some of the best wine in the country, but I can't afford that shit. The only affordable option for local-y wines comes in a cardboard box, haha.
I live in the Finger Lakes region where we produce some of the best wine in the country, but I can't afford that shit. The only affordable option for local-y wines comes in a cardboard box, haha.
"Life is a stupid, meaningless thing that has nothing to teach you." -Slavoj Zizek
Bella Sera Pinot Gri' is pretty damned good.. I love the whites, and share your enthusiasm for the beverage.. Not to "knock" beer or liquor
, I just prefer a nice glass of wine to your typical beer or whiskey. And I'm always willing to try new varieties/brands... even boxed!
Ecco Domani is the best Pinot Gri IMO and probably my fav. white.. but Riesling is also a close runner up. A bit sweet tho.
That being said there are good reds, too... Pinot Noir I adore.. most any kind.
also I would love to try some of maynards brew!
Ecco Domani is the best Pinot Gri IMO and probably my fav. white.. but Riesling is also a close runner up. A bit sweet tho.
That being said there are good reds, too... Pinot Noir I adore.. most any kind.
also I would love to try some of maynards brew!
Love wine. I don't go out so much these days (age and children) so a bottle of red is the tipple of choice for me and the missus of a Saturday night.
I tend to go for full bodied varieties like Zinfandel or Malbec, but to be honest I'll generally go for what's on offer. There's a fantastic independent off-license near me with very knowledgeable staff who recommended me a Cline Zinfandel last Christmas, which was amazing.
I tend to go for full bodied varieties like Zinfandel or Malbec, but to be honest I'll generally go for what's on offer. There's a fantastic independent off-license near me with very knowledgeable staff who recommended me a Cline Zinfandel last Christmas, which was amazing.
- Aesthetics
- Site Admin
- Posts: 5449
- Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:59 am
- Location: Lowlands
- Contact:
Really loving red wine! Until like 3 months ago I drank like 1 glas a day and on saturday a few more. Since I kept on gaining weight and wine made everything taste better and made me feel more hungry I quit drinking each day. I now drink like every other saturday and I'm enjoying each glass even more
Reserva, Rioja, chilean Cabarnet Sauvignon, the more heavy wines are my fav.
Reserva, Rioja, chilean Cabarnet Sauvignon, the more heavy wines are my fav.
Life is a Frequency
Keith made a bloody fine career out of full time drinking, especially wine. He liked to cook as well..
Here he is doing his thing... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Evm30HTbD0
Here he is doing his thing... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Evm30HTbD0
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…
Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…
Love wine.
Most of my friends stray for the sweeter, red/pink Moscato, so a lot of Sutter Home, Yellow Tail, Barefoot, and Gallo have found their way into my mouth. Liberty Creek is nice as well. I do enjoy them, but sometimes they taste so sweet that I want to go for something a bit more dry.
One time, purely for the look of the bottle, I went for Once Upon a Vine's Red Mix and liked it.
33% Merlot,
25% Syrah,
11% Cabernet Sauvignon,
9% Zinfandel,
9% Tannat,
6% Grenache,
7% other reds
Other than that, I haven't explored too much. I did have Be Flirty (which was alright) and am on the lookout for Bitch wine, purely, if anything, for their gimmicks.
Does anyone have recommendations for inexpensive wine that's findable State side? Doesn't matter what kind (just no Moscato or Merlot...I know their taste). Throw them my way!
Most of my friends stray for the sweeter, red/pink Moscato, so a lot of Sutter Home, Yellow Tail, Barefoot, and Gallo have found their way into my mouth. Liberty Creek is nice as well. I do enjoy them, but sometimes they taste so sweet that I want to go for something a bit more dry.
One time, purely for the look of the bottle, I went for Once Upon a Vine's Red Mix and liked it.
33% Merlot,
25% Syrah,
11% Cabernet Sauvignon,
9% Zinfandel,
9% Tannat,
6% Grenache,
7% other reds
Other than that, I haven't explored too much. I did have Be Flirty (which was alright) and am on the lookout for Bitch wine, purely, if anything, for their gimmicks.
Does anyone have recommendations for inexpensive wine that's findable State side? Doesn't matter what kind (just no Moscato or Merlot...I know their taste). Throw them my way!
The Baddest Alt Electronic Pop Music: Twenty20k.comBiznasty wrote:off to the pub... /// --- ..-. ..-. / - --- / - .... . / .--. ..- -... .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.-
How BOC feels about: Censorship | Environment | The World | A New Album
