Now Playing:
Moderator: Aesthetics
- Crystalspike
- Posts Quantity
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:09 am
One of those frustrating artists who sounds a million times more atmospheric and exciting live.. yet his albums lack that live feel..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu6mR2nifls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu6mR2nifls
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…
Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…
- A_Northern_Soul
- Happy Cycler
- Posts: 2768
- Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:13 am
- Location: Edinburgh
This jaw-dropping clip of Sly & the Family Stone on Soul Train:
http://youtu.be/6Ptrc2cWRxU
Amazing.
http://youtu.be/6Ptrc2cWRxU
Amazing.
- Green Pylon
- Eagle Minded
- Posts: 300
- Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:01 pm
- Location: spain
- Contact:
Sometimes you just need some sunshine sixties pop classics right? That harmony has been stuck in my head all day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afam2nIae4o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afam2nIae4o
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…
Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…
- A_Northern_Soul
- Happy Cycler
- Posts: 2768
- Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:13 am
- Location: Edinburgh
I know a few of us like our folky stuff. The return of The Unthanks can only be a good thing:
http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicb ... -new-video
PS - Mexicola; Northumbrian folk band reinterpret Dorset folk song. Was this written with you in mind?
http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicb ... -new-video
PS - Mexicola; Northumbrian folk band reinterpret Dorset folk song. Was this written with you in mind?
-
Yellow Records
- Sherbet Head
- Posts: 682
- Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 1:52 pm
- Location: Syracuse, New York
THE NEW BLUE SIX ALBUM!
The Baddest Alt Electronic Pop Music: Twenty20k.comBiznasty wrote:off to the pub... /// --- ..-. ..-. / - --- / - .... . / .--. ..- -... .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.-
How BOC feels about: Censorship | Environment | The World | A New Album
The man was completely bonkers, but he sure did make some of the best Piano compositions ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDbIDh9yRkQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDbIDh9yRkQ
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…
Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…
- Lens Larque
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1177
- Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:26 am
-
Yellow Records
- Sherbet Head
- Posts: 682
- Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 1:52 pm
- Location: Syracuse, New York
Re: Now Playing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ly1lCd2KTI
Ruby - B.A.R.T
Those of a certain age and nationality will recognise this song as the theme for BBCs Learning programs, it was also used on CEEFAX and was subsequently the final song to be play when transmission ended after 38 (roughly) years of service. It has a fitting retro and nostalgic feel to it which I think BoCcers will love. When the forum was changing, this song played in my mental montage of a ceromonial goodbye to the old format. Yeah, I thought about it a lot haha.
Ruby - B.A.R.T
Those of a certain age and nationality will recognise this song as the theme for BBCs Learning programs, it was also used on CEEFAX and was subsequently the final song to be play when transmission ended after 38 (roughly) years of service. It has a fitting retro and nostalgic feel to it which I think BoCcers will love. When the forum was changing, this song played in my mental montage of a ceromonial goodbye to the old format. Yeah, I thought about it a lot haha.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…
Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…


